2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Big Break VI thread

bjackson

Kelly will be on for 13 episodes of the BB6

13.......????????......Looks more like 6 to me.......where are you coming up with this info..???

That info came from someone who spoke with Kelly directly. Now you never know with Kelly, but I am not sure if he was including BB7 (although I don't think it is shot yet - maybe?), but I have a feeling this is not the last you have seen of Kelly.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly will be on for 13 episodes of the BB6

13.......????????......Looks more like 6 to me.......where are you coming up with this info..???

That info came from someone who spoke with Kelly directly. Now you never know with Kelly, but I am not sure if he was including BB7 (although I don't think it is shot yet - maybe?), but I have a feeling this is not the last you have seen of Kelly.

I Hope not.....he was the only reason (other than the girls) i was watchin BB6.....I have heard only bad things about the "moe norman" style of golf for years, and it was interesting watching someone use that method sucessfully......Its going to be hard to watch gary and the gang hack their way through the rest of

the series.

Gavin,

Will you please fill Charlie Foxtrot and I in on some of the fart machine antics? He keeps brining it up and I imagine it had to be hilarious. Thx much for your tremendous insight!

I would have already but I gave it to one of the crew on the show. It was the same handheld device that Lesley Nielsen used in the Naked Gun series. I will do some more research on it, where to get it and such stuff when I return from Senior Euro Q-School. (I am headed out today)

Gavin

Don't go to any trouble Gavin. My point was simply that I admire your sense of humor. Any man who actively pre-plans fart-related antics is okay in my book. (The idea that the fart machine might have been going off in your suitcase or carry-on while you travelled is still cracking me up.)

Best of luck at Q-School! I will be sending positive vibes. (And if you know of any way to follow the scores online, please let us know.)

C_F

P.S. If you have any boobie stories, however, I will have to insist that you post them forthwith.

I really don't know what to think about the show. I love it. I think the people on it are average, good people just trying to play hard and catch a break (no pun intended). But as has been mentioned in this thread before, the shotmaking is pretty suspect sometimes, especially when you take into consideration that these individuals make their living on the golf course. The most clutch guy on the show was Gary, and I personally can't stand his attitude. It's one thing to be confident, but he's down right condescending and arrogant. I've read the posts about the pressure and this and that, but it comes down to being a professional. As a professional you have to block out everything but the swing you're getting ready to make. I couldn't do it, but then again I don't make my living on the course. It's just difficult and painful sometimes to watch these guys and girls hack it around as much as they do, especially knowing that they have game.

On another note, I was sad to see the lady who was eliminated go. Although not a classic beauty she definitely had it going on as far as I'm concerned. There's just something about a woman with a beautiful golf swing that does it for me. ;)

I look forward to hearing Gavin's take on the episode.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I wanted to see Bri vomit (during the scene where she was bent over/sitting down and telling Rachael that she was going to throw up.)

I'm not sure why, because I like her generally and I don't like seeing vomit (gross.) Although, during her interviews she seems completely emotionless - sorta like she a member of the religion that doesn't allow emotion to be expressed - the Meryl Streep/"A Dingo Ate My Baby" (I'm sure I just unintentionally offended someone with that piss-poor description. My apologies)

In this episode, you could see how evil that rough is.

I really don't know what to think about the show. I love it. I think the people on it are average, good people just trying to play hard and catch a break (no pun intended). But as has been mentioned in this thread before, the shotmaking is pretty suspect sometimes, especially when you take into consideration that these individuals make their living on the golf course. The most clutch guy on the show was Gary, and I personally can't stand his attitude. It's one thing to be confident, but he's down right condescending and arrogant. I've read the posts about the pressure and this and that, but it comes down to being a professional. As a professional you have to block out everything but the swing you're getting ready to make. I couldn't do it, but then again I don't make my living on the course. It's just difficult and painful sometimes to watch these guys and girls hack it around as much as they do, especially knowing that they have game.

On another note, I was sad to see the lady who was eliminated go. Although not a classic beauty she definitely had it going on as far as I'm concerned. There's just something about a woman with a beautiful golf swing that does it for me. ;)

I look forward to hearing Gavin's take on the episode.

I believe Gavin has addressed this issue, it's tough for the contestants to stand around for a hour or so without warming up, then they have to hit those shots when called upon. As result of few ugly shots. I know I wouldn't like hitting a long shot over the water after standing around for a hour or two without warming up.

Having seen all the BB shows and I think this group would contain one of the better playing group of BB series.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Qi10 9*, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 Tour 15*

SIM2 Max 21* Diamana 75-S

Qi10 Rescue 25* & 28* UST V2

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 50*, 54* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey White Ice DART 46"

I just wish Bri would go. I am tired of the "team" concept. Golf is an individual game. Let the ladies go head to head and the same for the guys.

The preview for next week shows Bri nail biting and worrying again. Enough - we get it - you can't take it.

I guess Bri to me is like Don Donatello was to a lot of other people.

Todd

Anybody know why the girls and even some of the guys wanted to see Bridget get knocked off in the final playoff? I know they said its cuz she's not as personable as the others but it seemed like they really didn't like her.

Also, at one point the girl who got knocked off, sorry i can't remember her name, said that she's "been waiting a long time to knock Bridge off the show." I wonder why that is, any ideas?

Anybody know why the girls and even some of the guys wanted to see Bridget get knocked off in the final playoff? I know they said its cuz she's not as personable as the others but it seemed like they really didn't like her.

Also, at one point the girl who got knocked off, sorry i can't remember her name, said that she's "been waiting a long time to knock Bridge off the show." I wonder why that is, any ideas?

Just speculating of course, but I think it's because she's the strongest player. She's always in the immune group, and, until this week's show, I can't remember her making a single bad shot (except for the 15th club in her bag, but that's a different kind of mistake.)

it's always the same..............everyone hates the pretty girl (for the woman that is)

double d dave donatello was probably the best big breaker i can recall though he obviously did not win. probably a few others that could really play that got knocked off early in shows that did not win either.....just can't recall.

Is anyone else getting anoyed at the increase of music, cut backs, flash backs and the ever increasing drama being placed on a 30 yard pitch shot. TV or not, if you can't drop it within 5 feet you have zero business being on the show and zero chance winning a tour evet. I feel like I am watching a soap opera/reality show/gameshow.

I wanna see more golf, more match play, more mono e mono on a full 18 holes... and less drama.

Driver - M2/KuroKage xstiff
3 wood - TS2 16.5/KuroKage xstiff
Hybrids - Titleist 918 3/4
Irons - Mizuno 223, Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 51, 56, 60
Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club

Hey

I think our friend Gavin shot 74 in the first round of Euro Senior tour qualifing. He is playing at Pinheiros Altos. The leader shot 72. Top 26 from each course move on to the final stage.

You check the scores at the European TOur web site. www.europeantour.com.

GO GAVIN..!!!!

Do you have a link to the information? I would like to follow his progress.

You guys are hilarious - fart machines, boobie stories, too much drama, wanting to see Bri vomit, Gary is arrogant, yada, yada, yada... ;)

Deb.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

(This is my first reality TV show. Are we actually supposed to be taking it seriously?)

The rest of the shows are going to suck because I don't want any of the remaining women to lose.

Hey

I think our friend Gavin shot 74 in the first round of Euro Senior tour qualifing. He is playing at Pinheiros Altos. The leader shot 72. Top 26 from each course move on to the final stage.

You check the scores at the European TOur web site. www.europeantour.com.

GO GAVIN..!!!!

Hi from WINDY and RAINY Portugal !!! The weather is REALLY bad right now.

Thanks for the well wishes, I just kept it in the fairways yesterday and took 74, no need to try and win stge 1, just move through. Shot 77 today but did not care, left my Driver in the car and made sure I shot enough to make the finals.

151 is plenty good enough and I could have shot in the low 140,s if I needed to. Now 4 rounds at the Pinta course. If I have a spare moment I will keep you guys posted. By the way the Pineheros <sp> is onr tough golf course.

Enjoy the show

Gavin