College player practicing in Fort Lauderdale/Miami area advice

Thanks for reading this, hopefully you can assist me.

My son will be traveling to South Florida (where I live) over the winter holiday. Being a player on his college golf team he will utilize this time visiting me (middle of December to the beginning of January), to work on his golf game. The problem is, money (or lack thereof) will be a huge obstacle during this time of year, where greens fees are typically more expensive. Any advice any of you could provide, would help immeasurably in finding a place to play. I have not lived in the area (Near Fort Lauderdale/Davie area) for very long, so am unaware of any places to play/practice at reasonable rates. If any of you know of 'affordable' monthly deals in the area for an elite amateur, during this time of year...I would be very appreciative.

Thank you....

Nevergolfpar

Comments

• stepupstepup Members Posts: 158
    Have his coach call one of the pros down there and I am sure they will work some kind of deal out for your son to practice at a discounted rate.
  • melomelo Members Posts: 2,174 ✭✭
    Have his coach call Heron Bay and see if they can arrange something. That's the best practice facility in all of southern florida
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font]
  • NevergolfparNevergolfpar Members Posts: 56
    melo wrote:

Have his coach call Heron Bay and see if they can arrange something. That's the best practice facility in all of southern florida

Thanks for the information. Never thought about having his coach call down to get a good rate. Good advice, think I will take it.

Heron Bay is a great choice and not very far and is usually fairly reasonable in price. He will be playing the Dixie Amateur there right before Christmas too, so I will take your advice. Thank you so very much.

Nevergolfpar.