Reshafting my Adams irons

Hertsjoatmon ·  
HertsjoatmonHertsjoatmon A in golf theory, D- in golf practicalHertfordshire 271WRX Points: 61Handicap: 25Members Posts: 271 Greens
My 2018 irons are the right lies but wrong lengths for me. I found a set of ping awt 2.0 shafts that are the right lengths weights and flex for me so will put them in my gw-7 iron. My set has 6 and 5 hybrids if I hard step my current 8 and 7 shafts (dynalite xp85) and get an inch added, the shaft weights and lengths would transition perfectly. I'll need to add lead tape for the swing weight, but I'm worried the would then play too stiff. It's that assumption correct?
Posted:
Thought my bag was all set for the season but I'm 3 changes in since Christmas already... Dialing in favorable launch and spin / gapping numbers currently - max game improvement throughout as I don't get time to head out much...

Comments

• HertsjoatmonHertsjoatmon A in golf theory, D- in golf practical Hertfordshire 271WRX Points: 61Handicap: 25Members Posts: 271 Greens
    I'm almost ready to complete my "Frankenstein" set up clubs!

My Ping AWT shafts have arrived. Jus waiting on my 6 hybrid iron to replace my 6 hybrid and I'll be ready to reshaft them.

My RBZ shafts arrive this week to fit in my hybrids and then that will be my irons sorted.

Just need to settle on my 5 wood and driver shaft now...
    Posted:
    Thought my bag was all set for the season but I'm 3 changes in since Christmas already... Dialing in favorable launch and spin / gapping numbers currently - max game improvement throughout as I don't get time to head out much...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.