Intro from across the Pond

Just wanted to drop a quick topic and introduce myself as I have lurked pretty hard over the last couple of years!

Big big fan of all the Podcasts the guys put out which I listen to religiously as I do a fair amount of driving for work.

Seems to be a fair few other UK members on here which isn't surprising as this forum and site has tons of solid information on.

Anyways - If anybody wants some information on some good courses to play round the UK then feel free to get in touch.
The Bats:
TS3 - Aldila Rogue Silver
TS3 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
Apex Hybrid 19°- Kuro Kage Black
716 AP2 - Project X Rifle 6.0
Vokey 50° 54° 58° - Project X Rifle 6.0
Spider Tour X

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 12,050 ✭✭
    Allo govna!

Welcome aboard, Dad is British / Scottish
    Ping G400 LST 11* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* GD AD BB 6s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • Ray5592Ray5592 Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
  • 04majorhmgc04majorhmgc Hill AFB, UTMembers Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Very cool. What part of the UK? Favorite course around you? and first thing you would suggest to anyone making the pilgrimage from the US?  
    Not sure if I can really say welcome, because i'm fairly new as well, but screw it, WELCOME!! 
    Dunlop Persimmon
    PowerBilt Citation 4 Wood
    Maxfli/Dunlop Australian Blades '78-'81
    Wilson R-90
    SC Hollywood
    Titleist Tour Balata 90/100 (whatever I can find)
  • SugarPenguinSugarPenguin Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Cheers all
    Very cool. What part of the UK? Favorite course around you? and first thing you would suggest to anyone making the pilgrimage from the US?  
    Not sure if I can really say welcome, because i'm fairly new as well, but **** it, WELCOME!! 
    So I live in Yorkshire. Best course thats about 45 minutes from my house is call Aldwoodley which is in (Leeds). Cannot recommend this place enough. Has an old world feel to it and its an absolute beauty with the tall pine trees and long grass rough / gauze. It plays like a heathland in a very wooded setting. 
    Another must play in Yorkshire is Ganton. Another Heathland course which I think is rated about the 15th best in the UK? 

Not sure you can really get a true Heathland anywhere except the UK and they are by far my favorite type of courses to play. 

First thing I can suggest when coming over here is to go to a restaurant chain called Nandos! 
    Seriously I am addicted 
    The Bats:
    TS3 - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TS3 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    Apex Hybrid 19°- Kuro Kage Black
    716 AP2 - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Vokey 50° 54° 58° - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Spider Tour X