Oakley Hybrid Style Frames

WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - WisconsinPosts: 1,022 ✭✭
edited Feb 13, 2019 5:02pm in Golf Style and Accessories #1
I asked awhile ago and got some great tips that led me to getting Prizm road lens for my radars (highly recommended for bright sunlight and lower light conditions, great combination)

Now, because i'm a little sick of how big and bulky (and dorky) my Radars look and feel and wondering if anyone has used a more lifestyle oriented pair with success on the course?

I know I can get the Prizm Road lens in most pairs of oakleys which is great, and looking at those pairs I see the Crossrange which may be just what i'm looking for, and others too. I wanted to ask around if anyone has tried or likes the crossrange it sounds like a good idea.

My main concern is not getting too large a bottom frame that can really bug me particularly when putting, and secondly not slipping down my nose, my Frogskins can almost be good on course but then it gets warm and they start sliding.

Thanks for any leads or advice, I appreciate it!
Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"

Comments

• ZBigStickZBigStick Practice Perfect Form Members Posts: 5,313 ✭✭
    Targetline.

Designed for golf with better vision while looking down, styles around their lifestyle pairs. They were supposed to be a mash up of the Flak Jacket and Sliver. Unobtanium nose pads for anti slip and thin temple arms to fit comfortably under the sides of a cap. I really enjoy mine with Prizm Golf Dark.

I believe the Crossrange would work well too especially the XL version.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]M4 9.5˚(10˚) GD TP-6[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]BB Alpha 816 16˚(15˚) Rogue I/O 70
    Apex 20˚ Kuro Kage Black 80
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Z U45 23˚ Steelfiber i95
    Z 745 5-PW Steelfiber i110 cw
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]RTX-4 50˚M, 56˚F (55˚), 60˚F S400 ti[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Spider Tour L-neck Silver
    Pro V1 2017
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TP-5[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Oakley Targetline Prizm Golf Dark[/font]
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 10:48pm #3
    ZBigStick wrote:

Targetline.

Designed for golf with better vision while looking down, styles around their lifestyle pairs. They were supposed to be a mash up of the Flak Jacket and Sliver. Unobtanium nose pads for anti slip and thin temple arms to fit comfortably under the sides of a cap. I really enjoy mine with Prizm Golf Dark.

I believe the Crossrange would work well too especially the XL version.

Just why I wanted to ask! I had not heard of those and they sound awesome, built to fit under a hat, thats nice and so are the other features specifically for golf. I ordered both the targetline and the Crossrange XL with Prizm Road from amazon (much much cheaper) and ill report back what works best here, probably send the other pair back.

I appreciate the help!!
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"
    You’re welcome. I look forward to your review!

I was between the two but the Targetline had the Prizm Golf Dark lens and was a little cheaper, also after hearing of their origins I had to give them a try as I was wearing a pair of Slivers and wore Flak Jacket XL to golf.

I may still get the Crossrange for daily use.
    [/font]
    [/font]
    Pro V1 2017
    [/font]
    I was just made aware of the Oakley Mercenary which is also a sport/lifestyle branded frame with unobtanium nose and temples. I don’t see the Prizm Road lens with it yet though.
    [/font]
    [/font]
    Pro V1 2017
    [/font]
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    edited Feb 15, 2019 10:39pm #6
    Ok, i have tried both fairly extensively today. The Crossrange are slightly more casual while the more golf specific targetline gripped a little better. However, honestly I thought the bottom of the frames on the targetline was a little big and that bothers me quite a bit. The Crossrange with the "sport" nose piece and temple pieced also has lots of grip, they certainly won't slip off your nose. The targetline has a more compressive shape that physically grips your head while the rubber temple pieces and nose piece does a lot of the gripping on the Crossrange.

Overall I can go into more detail but I think the very large lens of the Crossrange XL was awesome, I have a wide face and I really like when the lens have proper coverage, in other words, looking forward and to the side I like when I'm looking through the glasses rather than around them. The bottom frame is also fairly thin and that was really nice for swinging and putting in. Honestly I think these were exactly what I was looking for. They aren't slipping or falling down like frogskins and I was getting frustrated with how my radars were so face-hugging to the point I found they got dirty a lot and they were a little uncomfortable, I can see where they could be so good for running, or biking or other very strenuous activities but they don't breathe that well, fogging and such and so I am very excited to continue trying these crossrange, I think they look great, for casual wear, and the lens is big, clear and easy to see through for golf. I think these are going to work well as a hybrid between the two. Plus everyone can quit joking about how ugly i look in the radars haha.
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"