***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Hybrid Length?

 Hparkgolf ·  
HparkgolfHparkgolf IllinoisMembers, Banned  24WRX Points: 20Handicap: 2.6Posts: 24 Bunkers
Joined:  in WRX Club Techs #1

I’ve decided to add an old friend back to the bag. Adams Pro 20* hybrid. Re-shafting with a Tour Green 105TX shaft and want it to be D4-4.5 SW.

Simple tour cord grip with 2 wraps.

Any help on correct length wood be great. Also, not tipping at all as I really like that part of the shaft the most for flighting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted:
1

Comments

  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11645WRX Points: 2,300Posts: 11,645 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2

    On -, @Hparkgolf said:

    I’ve decided to add an old friend back to the bag. Adams Pro 20* hybrid. Re-shafting with a Tour Green 105TX shaft and want it to be D4-4.5 SW.

    Simple tour cord grip with 2 wraps.

    Any help on correct length wood be great. Also, not tipping at all as I really like that part of the shaft the most for flighting.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Are you asking for what play length to use on that club to get to a certain SW value?

    Posted:

    PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

    Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • HparkgolfHparkgolf IllinoisMembers, Banned  24WRX Points: 20Handicap: 2.6Posts: 24 Bunkers
    Joined:  #3

    On -, @Howard Jones said:

    On -, @Hparkgolf said:

    I’ve decided to add an old friend back to the bag. Adams Pro 20* hybrid. Re-shafting with a Tour Green 105TX shaft and want it to be D4-4.5 SW.

    Simple tour cord grip with 2 wraps.

    Any help on correct length wood be great. Also, not tipping at all as I really like that part of the shaft the most for flighting.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Are you asking for what play length to use on that club to get to a certain SW value?

    Yes. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

    Posted:
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11645WRX Points: 2,300Posts: 11,645 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 15, 2019 #4

    On -, @Hparkgolf said:

    On -, @Howard Jones said:

    On -, @Hparkgolf said:

    I’ve decided to add an old friend back to the bag. Adams Pro 20* hybrid. Re-shafting with a Tour Green 105TX shaft and want it to be D4-4.5 SW.

    Simple tour cord grip with 2 wraps.

    Any help on correct length wood be great. Also, not tipping at all as I really like that part of the shaft the most for flighting.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Are you asking for what play length to use on that club to get to a certain SW value?

    Yes. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

    i was worried about that.....sorry but your thinking is totally wrong.

    • #1 is play length, #2 is Total weight, #3 is balance.
      You have turned this up side down, and are making a SW value the most important, but that value is useless and nonsense when you never tried THAT club on "that play length" with the actual SW value.

    Go about it like this for a hybrid.
    Uncut shaft weight vs constant wgt Irons - max 30 grams down
    Play length vs Irons, MAX 1.0" longer than the iron we replace.
    Make the club to max vs target, (if thinking is plus 0.5" vs irons, make it 1.0" longer). Add the club head at standard weight like it is, and the grip you want to play. (use compressed air, you will mots likely need to remove the grip to fine tune play length.)

    Start testing....and try it at full length like it is at plus 1.0" vs irons, but also test it with your hands lower like you play it only plus 0.5" from irons, and use lead tape to tune up head weight.

    when you found what works for play lengths and added head weight (if any), you can look into what SW value that is, and you will most likely be surprised that this value was not the one you was tracing....
    Feel and how it works is what matters, SW values dont tell anything about that, they dont represent a number we can use like you tried to, forget it, it does not work like that.

    If you want to know more about SW values...read this, they are USELESS during fitting as target, we should not pay them any attention at all before we have found what HEAD WEIGHT that works, THEN measure what value that is so we can duplicate that fitting club to a club we shall play, we cant do it from the other direction, then we want make it good or like it should be for the actual player, so DONT trace a SW value for a club you never played, we CANT predict what value THAT club should have to work for you, variables to the shafts balance point alone can throw us off bad...

    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1781928/is-swing-weight-the-most-important-of-all-club-specs/p1

    Posted:

    PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

    Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

  • HparkgolfHparkgolf IllinoisMembers, Banned  24WRX Points: 20Handicap: 2.6Posts: 24 Bunkers
    Joined:  #5

    Thanks so much for the clarification. Will do and post where I ended up!

    Posts and responses like this are why I finally joined after being a long time lurker!

    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.