Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

2 way miss

runner39runner39 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited Sep 2, 2019 1:57am in Swing Videos and Comments #1

Hands drop in transition, club face appears to be open and very narrow in downswing. Inconsistent strikes and 2 way miss. Any thoughts? Cheers

Post edited by runner39 on

Comments

• ScottboxScottbox scottbox Members Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 23, 2019 6:44pm #2

The club is actually steepening a little in transition, then you stall out your body so the club can shallow out, which forces you to time your release. If you're off, the two-way miss happens. Check your grip to see if it's a touch weak on the right hand. Also check to see if you're pushing your hands out and rolling the club open (tough to tell with the video), which obvi opens the face and gets your club flat. If that's the case, feel hands in, club out with no forearm roll almost to hip high. The club will also track "up" more. Then practice feeling "wide" on the way down -- hit little shots with your left arm straightening as you come down. You can even do left hand only shots. This will make you feel less stuck and narrow, and promote a little natural shallowing of the shaft.

• runner39runner39 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited Sep 2, 2019 1:58am #3

Thanks. Whats causing the slight steepening in transition? To me - hands drop which I am not trying to do. Grip is

Post edited by runner39 on

It's very slight but a reaction to the flat shaft. Mickelson does the same thing. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it can cause a two-way miss if your hands don't time things properly. You can correct it very easily by feeling the above.

It's very slight but a reaction to the flat shaft. Mickelson does the same thing. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it can cause a two-way miss if your hands don't time things properly. You can correct it very easily by feeling the above.

• runner39runner39 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭

What about shoulder tilt on the downswing? Face is opening in transition - because of shoulder pelvic tilts? Clearly my shoulders are way too close on the downswing. I cannot rotate - as much as I try my shoulders default to wrong tilt and face gets open. I have tried to incorporate lead wrist flexion in the transition but again very difficult to ingrain.

• airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How do you hit everything but the driver?

Modern golf instruction would say you have too much secondary axis tilt on the way down which prevents you from rotating. Your zipper and shirt buttons should be stacked until almost impact. Basically you get dumped under.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file