GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

True Temper Tri-Golds

LaymanM ·  
LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2248WRX Points: 323Handicap: 7Posts: 2,248 Platinum Tees

Have some tri-golds stiff in set of Tommy Armour 845 Evo V-25 forged irons. Really like them except for 3 iron which seems a little too light.

Please tell me about this shaft. I really like the low and middle irons. Very good feel and flight. Very easy to swing and profile really agrees with my swing. What is similar today and what is it that I love so much about these evo v-25. I feel I can hit any shot and I hit them very far considering the weaker lofts, really get a lot out of this combo. How would I go about replicating this in a newer set of forged irons? Thanks

Posted:
Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

Comments

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19696WRX Points: 1,745Posts: 19,696 Titanium Tees

They are descending weight and have a steep frequency slope. Reputed to be stiff to flex in at least the shorter lengths. I'm unaware of any current set that's similar.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2248WRX Points: 323Handicap: 7Posts: 2,248 Platinum Tees

On -, @Nessism said:

They are descending weight and have a steep frequency slope. Reputed to be stiff to flex in at least the shorter lengths. I'm unaware of any current set that's similar.

What would they be closer to in shorter irons? X100? They feel significantly stiffer than s300 but not harsh at all. They are about perfect for me up to 4 iron. Really like the PW-7. How do they differ from the newer AWT?

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19696WRX Points: 1,745Posts: 19,696 Titanium Tees

AWT is ascending weight (short iron shafts heavier than long) and the Tri-Gold are descending weight.

Posted:
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2248WRX Points: 323Handicap: 7Posts: 2,248 Platinum Tees

This is about the only description I can find on internet.
    TRI GOLD STEEL This is a High-Tech, High Performance shaft from the largest manufacturer of steel shafts in the world. Tri Gold is simply a straight taper shaft that has a series of steps to place the bend point in the

exact position on each individual shaft in the entire set. This is referred to as a progressive bend point. This is a constant weight shaft in both parallel and taper tip versions as well as with Sensicore.

Mine are .355 taper tip with sensicore

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    SC Phantom X 5.5

My BAD. I got Tri-Gold mixed up with Black Gold. Sorry about that. Tri-Gold was softer to flex than most other TT shafts of it's day according to frequency data from Dynacraft. Beyond that I don't know much.

Posted:

Is that data still posted anywhere?

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
    Posted:

Interesting! Thanks for posting that. Never heard of DFSI. Will need to read up.

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    SC Phantom X 5.5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.