Golf swing comments/advice??

STEVED26 ·  
STEVED26STEVED26 Members  79WRX Points: 45Posts: 79 Fairways

So I have been playing weekend golf for some years. I have wanted to be a little more consistent. I have taken 3 lessons and have worked on grip/ balance/ swing. I feel my striking has been a lot better since making the changes. The first video is before my 1st lesson. The 2nd video is before my 3rd lesson. Please let me know what you think of my swing. Thanks

Posted:

Comments

• BreakingTeesBreakingTees Members  12WRX Points: 12Posts: 12 Bunkers

First off, whoever you took lessons from did not set you up for success. The grip is important but your posture, body position, weight shift, club path and shaft plane are all very flawed.

start with some YouTube videos on the basics:

you need to be more vertical

takeaway needs to be done with the rotation of the torso and hips

hands need to be more inside and your swing needs to be more lead with the left arm instead of the right.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jdubbajdubba Members  18WRX Points: 4Posts: 18 Bunkers

I would do a lot of half shots getting the club to work more behind you on the backswing. It looks like you are trying to bring it back straight down the target line which is going to set you up for failure from the beginning. Good luck to you and hope that helps!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.