Scotty's Custom Shop grip

brad ·  
bradbrad Members  81WRX Points: 55Posts: 81 Fairways
easy question: Pull or new?
Hi guys,

quick question, I picked up a custom shop grip off of ebay that was stated to be "new, never used".

Grip looks fine, no visible signs of use, but has some masking tape on the inside of the barrel, has a bit of a solvent smell.

Can I safely assume this is a pull? Any surefire ways to tell?

thanks,

brad.
Posted:

Comments

• mattl2787mattl2787 Members  1245WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,245
    There's a 99.9% that it's a pull...You cannot get a Custom Shop grip unless it's installed on a putter sent to the Custom Shop. However, it still may be correctly described as "never used"; the "new" part is up for debate. Whether there was tape on the inside or not, the grip is almost definitely a pull.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bradbrad Members  81WRX Points: 55Posts: 81 Fairways
    cool, thanks Matt. I wasn't aware you actually couldn't get one.

cheers,

brad.
    Posted:
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    Kind of stinks that there's masking tape on the inside. Sounds like a slightly poor pull job. When you have it installed, be sure to try and get all the remaining tape out or you might be able to feel inconsistencies throughout the grip.

But yes, positively a pull. Unless someone knows an inside guy at the Custom Shop who stole it and decided to sell it. But that would not explain the tape inside. So still...a pull. It could very well be brand new though. I'm guessing if the seller was like any other human in the world though, a couple putts were rolled at least.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.