Anyone try this?

BYTHEBEARDOFZUEZ ·  
BYTHEBEARDOFZUEZBYTHEBEARDOFZUEZ Members  26WRX Points: 0Posts: 26
music betwwen each shot to calm down?
Has anyone ever tried listening to music between each shot to calm down?

I've been really struggling with anger image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> on the course lately and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it worked. Any help is appreciated.

Jon
Posted:

Comments

• SupermanSuperman Members  205WRX Points: 0Posts: 205
    YES!!! And I love it. It calms me down soooo much and it really helps after a bad shot, or for me coming up to a short par 4 that is drivable I can get really pumped and get some adreniline going so that I can get the 10 extra yards to get to the green. And during practice rounds I listen to music the whole time, even during shots. It is against USGA rules, but it makes the game more enjoyable, especially on bad days.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    or you can just learn to control your anger?
    Posted:
  • jszotjszot Members  323WRX Points: 0Posts: 323
    Dont listen to music because there may be rules that you arent away of. Just sing a song in your head, it does the same thing and it will calm you down.
    Posted:
  • 7D2 7D2 Members  739WRX Points: 60Posts: 739 Golden Tee
    Ya ESPECIALLY in tournaments its a great way to go a Dairy Queen after the round
    Posted:
  • rjw3715rjw3715 Members  126WRX Points: 0Posts: 126
    it seems like a bit of a inconvinient solution. Ooops i duffed it better get the iPod out. and then the same next time. Just move onto the next shot. I know thats what everyone says but it really does work if you just concentrate hard. Ive snapped many a shaft in anger but now i just put it out of my mind and move on.
    Posted:
  • GiantbearGiantbear Members  356WRX Points: 0Posts: 356
    I always play best when i have a real nice even tempo'd song in my head. I am older than you, so for me Sinatra works best.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • astamm8astamm8 Members  1291WRX Points: 56Posts: 1,291 Platinum Tees
    i'm pretty sure that it is legal to listen to music or anything else for that matter during play, so long as it's not "advice". this applies both while hitting and between shots. no tour tempo or swing thoughts or whatever. i think you can listen to music of any tempo, so long as it wasn't recorded to be at that tempo to aid with golf. but if you find a certain tempo that suits you, you could find all the normal music you want of that tempo and listen away.

however, i would guess that this would be against tournament rules at many tournaments, so you'd definately want to be careful about that.
    Posted:
  • Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go Celts Members  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
    that will only work if you put "closer" by nine inch nails on repeat, that puts me in the zone
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow 75x
    Titleist 906F2 15* Proforce V2 85x
    TaylorMade M3 17* Tensei Blue 80x
    Ping iblade 3-PW x100
    Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Juno
    Vessel Cart Bag
  • SupermanSuperman Members  205WRX Points: 0Posts: 205
    I believe that it is only illegal to listen to an ipod or whatever during a shot, no matter what it is, and only music other wise. No help cds or whatever at all.
    Posted:
  • indianshaftindianshaft Members  956WRX Points: 0Posts: 956
    You could just scream serenity now or woosah to calm you down
    Posted:
  • birdiemachine11birdiemachine11 Members  454WRX Points: 61Posts: 454 Greens
    I thought that I read in a Golf Magazine article that it was not illegal to do it during tournaments, just most don't allow it.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    I would watch out with this, especially in tournaments that don't allow electronic devices...
    Posted:
  • ryanandrew_golfryanandrew_golf Members  663WRX Points: 36Posts: 663 Golden Tee
    I am pretty certain the AJGA doesn't allow it...
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • steelmonkfruitsteelmonkfruit The Ball is your Friend! Members  292WRX Points: 0Posts: 292
    sounds like a hassle putting on and taking off earbuds each round.

you need to learn to bury your emotions. Lock them up image/yess.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    I took a book to my last tournament cause the kids i was playing with were so annoying
    Posted:
  • GaijinGolferGaijinGolfer Makeruna Nippon Members  1044WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,044
    I listen to heavy-metal and death metal, so Im thinking that probably wouldnt do much to calm me down...

You dont usually listen to Slipknot when you want to chill and mellow out.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • lhsgolfer2lhsgolfer2 Members  403WRX Points: 0Posts: 403
    just get some oakley thumpz and you'll be all set! I read bob rotella says if you're frustrated to hold onto the club until your ready to move on, once you put the club back in the bag no more looking back at past shots, i thought it was an interesting idea.

mike
    Posted:
  • epixepepixep If the wind will not serve, take to the oars Members  1425WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,425
    Hey mike, I've read a lot of Bob Rotella and haven't heard that one - but I like it! I'm gonna use it, thanks.
    Posted:
  • PhillyHack73PhillyHack73 Members  817WRX Points: 55Posts: 817 Golden Tee
    My iPod hardly leaves my side even on the golf course. Mine is packed full of Metallica, ZZ Top, Godsmack, Motley Crue and Van Halen. I listen to it when I practice and if I'm playing in a match or tournament where that is not much camaraderie.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Big Bertha 815 14* Fairway
    Cobra Z-Fly 3-4 & 4-5 Hybrids
    Mizuno MP30 5-PW
    Ping Glide GW SW LW
    SC Studio Design 1.5 Black Pearl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.