First tournament ever

jsilverstein ·  
jsilversteinjsilverstein Members  156WRX Points: 0Posts: 156
actually played good
So I'll give you the intro:

I've been playing golf for 16 months and tried out last year but didn't make the team as a sophomore. So i tried out this year and made JV with pretty poor scores.

So today i played in my first tournament ever. First ounce of competitive. I shot the best score on my team, 80, and beat a bunch of third years.

So the best news is i get the sixth bag on varsity after my performance.

Not trying to brag, though most of you are on varsity with scores much better than 80. I am just so happy playing good in my first tournament EVER. Did i mention that's my best round ever.

Wow I'm on cloud 9
Posted:

Comments

• jcrewjcrew Members  457WRX Points: 0Posts: 457
    congrats. I was a trainwreck in my first competitive golf event ever -4 or 5 putted the first green. Ended up shooting high 90s or a bit over 100... I don't remember. Same one I'm about to play tomorrow. I feel so much more confident now having played quite a few summer tournaments and the rest of my tournaments/matches last year.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jsilversteinjsilverstein Members  156WRX Points: 0Posts: 156
    Yeah i par'd the first and was shaking. First hole jitters i guess. Did i mention i had 4 three putts. Get that under control and i could be shooting par
    Posted:
  • scotty01292scotty01292 Jr. Boomers  272WRX Points: 0Posts: 272
    jsilverstein wrote on Aug 13 2008, 03:38 AM:
    Yeah i par'd the first and was shaking. First hole jitters i guess. Did i mention i had 4 three putts. Get that under control and i could be shooting par

Well done. Always good to score good in a tourney, especially your first one...

Take away the 3 putts and you'd be 4 better, so 76. Not quite level par but 4 closer... image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> Sorry, probably not necessary, but I like to be precise about everything... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
  • jsilversteinjsilverstein Members  156WRX Points: 0Posts: 156
    scotty01292 wrote on Aug 13 2008, 05:36 PM:
    jsilverstein wrote on Aug 13 2008, 03:38 AM:

Well done. Always good to score good in a tourney, especially your first one...

Take away the 3 putts and you'd be 4 better, so 76. Not quite level par but 4 closer... image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> Sorry, probably not necessary, but I like to be precise about everything... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

I also had probably 4 or more up and downs that i missed, so short game has been a struggle but i'm getting there slowly
    Posted:
  • tjewell1994tjewell1994 Jr. Boomers  1496WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,496 Platinum Tees
    my first tournament was 2 years ago when i was 11 years old and shot 87 which is good for an 11 year old, i didn't place in the tournament but i was playing in the 12-13 age group. i'm now 13 and shoot around 74-78.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.