Newport Beach - 1st run of 500

MojoEd ·  
MojoEdMojoEd  190WRX Points: 93Members Posts: 190 Fairways
do they warrant a premium $
I am thinking of stepping up and getting Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach. The local golf shop has one in new condition that is marked as part of the 1st run of 500 on the sole. The asking price - $240 - is higher than what they seem to be going for on eBay by approximately $60-80. Is the store's pricing right - do folks put a premium on the 1st runs?
Posted:

Comments

• bartolomeobartolomeo Retired International Playboy  531WRX Points: 82Members Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    I have just started to get into this Cameron cult. I was wondering the same thing and asked. The answer I got was its not worth it on this particular model. On some of the older and more rare models, 1/500 might be worth it, but not on this particular item.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MR.PINCHYMR.PINCHY  722WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 722
    bartolomeo wrote on Dec 23 2005, 07:39 PM:

I have just started to get into this Cameron cult. I was wondering the same thing and asked. The answer I got was its not worth it on this particular model. On some of the older and more rare models, 1/500 might be worth it, but not on this particular item.

WELL,

1/500 limited edition models are really meaningless...

because its the exact same model, and just got different h/c and some addition stamp...

i suggest that go with something more rare, like newport 2 centreshaft, or newport beach short neck...

even the older scottys..(i hv santa fe 2 that is 7 yrs old, 1 ding on the topline, and that is it.)

if you can get rare scottys and able to get them re-finished, it'd be a good collection, or even a reasonable

price you could sell..

hope this helps!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.