2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Voice Caddie T11 Pro

I am a 10 year veteran of Garmin golf watches. Most recent was the S62. I would love to upgrade to the S70 but already have an Apple watch so would not be interested in the fitness features. At 50% of the cost of the S70 it looks to be a good alternative. Have not seen any reviews or it even being offered other than on the VC website. 

fwiw- Costco now has the T9 on sale for $160 (down from $200). It’s listed on the website as the T8 but when I received it last week it was a T9 (!) accompanied by a letter from VC saying the T8 was temporarily unavailable so they upgraded my order to a T9 for no charge.

I don’t know if they are doing that with every order but thought it would be useful to pass along the tip.

I’ve only played one round with it and was impressed even though I didn’t know how to use half the functionality. I found some help on YouTube and I think I’ll be able to utilize everything next time out.

I have been a Garmin user for the last 4 years and wanted to upgrade to a golf only watch with some features like temp and wind/elevation. So I purchased this.

The construction is quality and the accuracy is top notch. The display is easy to see in direct Texas sunlight. 

The not so good, my home course is not mapped. None of the newer features work and customer service is not responding to the emails and calls I have put in. 

Overall I am hopeful they resolve this otherwise I have a really nice paper weight for all intents and purposes. 

9 hours ago, Emmitsburg said:

I can understand the frustration of your home course not being mapped. Have you tried it on any other courses in your area?

I don’t really play anywhere else regularly unless I get an invite elsewhere. Like I said I’ve contacted them but I’ve not heard anything and it’s been about a week now. 

Shot scope and garmin were much quicker to respond and resolve the issues I’ve had in the past. 

Side note when doing swing speed training I set it up for left handed swings and it seemed to work as well as the right side swings. So for the lefty’s out there wondering if it works now it does. Catches about 8-9/10 swings same as right handed swings. 

I have been hesitant to order as first run offerings of anything can tend to end up with us being Beta lesters. I know the Shot Scope X5 was a disaster. Proof of that is their latest offering the V5 which has abandoned the touch screen. Have been playing the S62 for several years, just hate to pay the high price for the S70. The T11 looks to have just about all the features of the Garmin without the fitness stuff. Since I do have an Apple watch, I am looking for strictly a golf watch.

Looking forward to your review Tony.

3 hours ago, TonyRo said:

I ordered one as well, I'll report back after some initial testing. If my home courses aren't mapped it's going back for sure, that'd be a huge frustration. I have heard similar complaints in the past about Voice Caddie customer service.

Best to download the app now and check. The website is not helpful. 

Also should note the user manual is also lacking. 

6 minutes ago, Outlawx88 said:

Also should note the user manual is also lacking. 

Yeah, I already tried to look at the manual because I was curious about all the features, and found it to be tremendously disappointing. Good call on the app - I did download it and can confirm my main two courses are mapped. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyRo said:

Yeah, I already tried to look at the manual because I was curious about all the features, and found it to be tremendously disappointing. Good call on the app - I did download it and can confirm my main two courses are mapped. 

Still trying to figure out how to navigate it on the course. Not sure how to change the flag placement outside of the approach screen. When you get on green it gets weird. 

Shot tracking is superb including putts/chips.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just played my first round with the T11. Overall, I was very impressed. The positives:

• Recognized the course and connected with satellites. It did take about 2 minutes but did connect.
  • One you walk to the first tee the hole immediately appears. Even a fly over. 
  • Once you hit your shot it shows your tempo swing. For every other swing it shows your tempo and asks you to enter the club you used. So you can track your tempo for each club if you like.
  • Once you get to your second shot, you see the green with slope along with the F/M/B distances. 
  • Once on the green you get putt distances. (More on that later)
  • When you walk off the green, the watch will vibrate asking you to enter your score. It's a little different in that it asks for shots and putts separately. This took a few holes to get straight.
  • Once you are done with the round, you upload your round to My Golf Swing. This is where you can review your score card. It has overall round statistics, Best score, Avg GIR, Ave putts per round, Driver distances (Longest and average) Driver tempo. 
  • Detailed score card with: Hole, Score, Putts, Penalty, GIR, Tempo and driver distance.
  • This is where you can edit any incorrect score.
  • It also shows every hole with distances for every shot. 
  • Once you get several rounds in the system, it claims it will provide club suggestions.

Having played with several Garmin watches for the past 10 years, I think this is a keeper. The OLED screen is fantastic. 

Now some of the negatives:

• Have heard some negative comments about customer support. 800# is not active. In researching my purchase, I was asking about their return policy, it took 2 days to get back to me in an email.
  • They have a quick start user manual. However, I have not been able to find a detailed one. Here is what I need help understanding:
    • There was no wind direction
    • Not sure if the distances were actual or slope adjusted
    • Putting distances and how to set hole and placement of ball is a complete mystery to me.
    • Was able to load My Voice Caddie on my iPhone and iPad. Not sure if it is compatible with my Windows desktop. Really need to the larger screen for both editing and viewing. 
    • It does show an overview of each hole and shows every shot. However, it does not identify which club you hit after the driver. It would be nice to have a feature like Garmin where after each shot it asked you what club you hit.

Overall, I was very impressed with the watch. I have not played with the Garmin S70. (Used the S62 for two years). I did not consider the S70 for two reasons: price and my daily watch is an Apple so I did not need all the fitness upgrades. I think if you do not need the fitness features, this watch, at 50% of the cost of the S70, is fantastic.

John

The course drawing was fine. The OLED face is fantastic. However, after my second round, a few comments:

• Need more than 5 minutes to connect to satellites. Almost had to tee off without a connection.
  • Really need a full manual. There are a lot of features that are not intuitive. I looked at the T9 manual but was not much help as quite a few changes to the T11.
  • Green reading was impossible without detailed directions.
  • Did no see any wind direction.
  • As far as I know you cannot see the scorecard and your running score during the round. Play was really slow, so we skipped #3. It gave me a par, but I did not know this until I uploaded the round after playing.
  • No way to check the time while you are playing.
  • The most bazar thing was that for both rounds when I finished, the clock was exactly one hour behind the actual time. Once I logged into the My Voice Caddie app, the time corrected itself.

Will give it a few more rounds but looks like they are expecting us to be their Beta testers.