2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Speaking Of Bags:

Bag question for all of you: I *think* I'll be buying a set of the new Cobra S2 irons, as well as the ZL driver. Now, my question: I hate the colors of the Cobra bags, and dont like their designs at all. Would it look stupid/foolish if I bout a Callaway FT Fusion Bag(which I really like), or any other non Cobra bag, and carried around my set in it?

Would that look stupid? I mean...like I said, I hate Cobra's bag's, and like other bags, would that look abd if I were to put a set of Cobra's into a Mizuno bag(example)< or should I stick to Cobra?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a bag you like. Who cares what logo it sports. Bought my son a Sun Mountain 3.5 for Xmas. Great bag and super light. I have a Titleist but don't have Titleist irons or driver (anymore). Ogio bags look nice also. That is what my daughter has. I would avoid the Nike carry bag. WIfe has one and it isn't very durable... although she crams so much stuff in that thing that she may be a poor example.

[quote name='leoh923' post='2097371' date='Dec 2 2009, 08:27 AM']Unless you are a staff player, there is no need to match your bag with the clubs in it. Carry what you like, no one should care[/quote]

I agree. You're the one that has to look at the bag more than anyone else, might as well
look at something that pleases you. If it doesn't bother you, that's all that matters.

i went with Ogio Edge, for a few reasons, one i needed a practice, and travel stand bag, my old cleveland stand was shot. Plus i wanted a bag that looks sharp but no brand name, since it will have Bridgstone,Nikent, Adams, and Taylormade in it.

but i also agree it's nto abig deal, my one staff bag is a TourStage from Bridgstone, and has Epon's and others in it.

I agree with many of the sentiments above, I've never really given any thought to the brand of bag in terms of how it relates to the brand of my clubs. You won't look foolish at all by choosing a different brand bag, I'd say just find the bag that best fits all of your needs.

Go Blue!

2023 National Champions!

Mizuno ST-Z 220 Evenflow T1100 6.5X
Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 5 wood w/ Ventus Black 7X
Mizuno Fli-Hi 3i
Mizuno 223 4i-PW w/ DG X100s
Mizuno S23 50*

TM MG4 TW grind 56 / 60
Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='retep' post='2097599' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:01 AM']+1 for buying a non-club manufactuer bag... That way you are free to swap things in and out... my favorite hat is a ben hogan hat, of which i have no hogan hardware, but excited about the red color and the $8 i paid for it...
Sun mountain 4/5 is fantastic.. I like it.[/quote]

sun Mountain Four 5 was my second choice, and could be a buy int he next year, but i got my Edge for 110.00

who cares if it matches or not? If YOU like it and it's YOUR money that is spent on a new bag....then get whatever bag YOU want !!! If anyone says anything negative about it....then tell them to go buy YOU whatever bag they think you should have with THEIR money!!! HA HA...problem solved...that's just how my mind works anyway

Titleist 910 D3
Titleist 910f 3 wood
Titleist 910h 17*
Titleist 714 MB 6-PW, CB 3-5
Titleist sm5 52* F grind, 58* M grind
Piretti Cottonwood II

[quote name='sandman31774' post='2097841' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:12 AM']who cares if it matches or not? If YOU like it and it's YOUR money that is spent on a new bag....then get whatever bag YOU want !!! If anyone says anything negative about it....then tell them to go buy YOU whatever bag they think you should have with THEIR money!!! HA HA...problem solved...that's just how my mind works anyway[/quote]

not a bad way to think of it.

[quote name='GolferJeff' post='2097233' date='Dec 2 2009, 03:25 AM']Bag question for all of you: I *think* I'll be buying a set of the new Cobra S2 irons, as well as the ZL driver. Now, my question: I hate the colors of the Cobra bags, and dont like their designs at all. Would it look stupid/foolish if I bout a Callaway FT Fusion Bag(which I really like), or any other non Cobra bag, and carried around my set in it?

Would that look stupid? I mean...like I said, I hate Cobra's bag's, and like other bags, would that look abd if I were to put a set of Cobra's into a Mizuno bag(example)< or should I stick to Cobra?[/quote]

I might look stupid... if you're in 6th grade.

Really, it makes no difference to anyone else what kind of bag or what kind of clubs you have.

[quote name='Golfdawg' post='2097849' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:14 AM'][quote name='sandman31774' post='2097841' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:12 AM']who cares if it matches or not? If YOU like it and it's YOUR money that is spent on a new bag....then get whatever bag YOU want !!! If anyone says anything negative about it....then tell them to go buy YOU whatever bag they think you should have with THEIR money!!! HA HA...problem solved...that's just how my mind works anyway[/quote]

[/quote]

Since my SM Four 5 is tearing up, I'm thinking of getting a Yellow and Purple LSU Tigers golf bag.....it's rather busy and loud with all the colors....but i don't care.....I like it !! and that's all that matters !

Titleist 910 D3
Titleist 910f 3 wood
Titleist 910h 17*
Piretti Cottonwood II

[quote name='sandman31774' post='2097895' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:27 AM'][quote name='Golfdawg' post='2097849' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:14 AM'][quote name='sandman31774' post='2097841' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:12 AM']who cares if it matches or not? If YOU like it and it's YOUR money that is spent on a new bag....then get whatever bag YOU want !!! If anyone says anything negative about it....then tell them to go buy YOU whatever bag they think you should have with THEIR money!!! HA HA...problem solved...that's just how my mind works anyway[/quote]

[/quote]

Since my SM Four 5 is tearing up, I'm thinking of getting a Yellow and Purple LSU Tigers golf bag.....it's rather busy and loud with all the colors....but i don't care.....I like it !! and that's all that matters !
[/quote]

that's great and all excpect for the whole LSU thing, hahahaha just kidding. Plan to put a few UGA G patches on my OGIO when it gets in.

[quote name='Golfdawg' post='2098020' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:00 AM'][quote name='sandman31774' post='2097895' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:27 AM'][quote name='Golfdawg' post='2097849' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:14 AM'][quote name='sandman31774' post='2097841' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:12 AM']who cares if it matches or not? If YOU like it and it's YOUR money that is spent on a new bag....then get whatever bag YOU want !!! If anyone says anything negative about it....then tell them to go buy YOU whatever bag they think you should have with THEIR money!!! HA HA...problem solved...that's just how my mind works anyway[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that's great and all excpect for the whole LSU thing, hahahaha just kidding. Plan to put a few UGA G patches on my OGIO when it gets in.
[/quote]

hey, at least you're still SEC !! I approve of that !

Titleist 910 D3
Titleist 910f 3 wood
Titleist 910h 17*
Piretti Cottonwood II

[quote name='Golfdawg' post='2098020' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:00 AM'][quote name='sandman31774' post='2097895' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:27 AM']
Since my SM Four 5 is tearing up, I'm thinking of getting a Yellow and Purple LSU Tigers golf bag.....it's rather busy and loud with all the colors....but i don't care.....I like it !! and that's all that matters ![/quote]

[/quote]

You two are both deeply disturbed. :tongue:

Send me your addresses and I will ship you some great [color="#FF8C00"][b]orange Vols[/b][/color] decals to put on your bags... :D

[quote name='lebanontngolfer' post='2098109' date='Dec 2 2009, 12:25 PM'][quote name='Golfdawg' post='2098020' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:00 AM'][quote name='sandman31774' post='2097895' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:27 AM']
Since my SM Four 5 is tearing up, I'm thinking of getting a Yellow and Purple LSU Tigers golf bag.....it's rather busy and loud with all the colors....but i don't care.....I like it !! and that's all that matters ![/quote]

[/quote]

You two are both deeply disturbed. :tongue:

Send me your addresses and I will ship you some great [color="#ff8c00"][b]orange Vols[/b][/color] decals to put on your bags... :D
[/quote]

hahahaha, you guys kicked our asses this year, but you are as deeply disturbed as the rest of us SEC boys, and with the end of the season here, it's good we have this other obsession called goof.