2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

uPro 4.0 Update

If you have shot tracking turned on, then pressing the right button for 3 seconds brings up a list of clubs to choose from so it can then track how far you hit a given club. If you have shot tracking turned off, pressing the right button for 3 seconds will just mark your current position so you measure the distance of that shot with no stat kept or tracked for it.
[/quote]

Where do you guys get this info about holding down buttons for 3 seconds to get a feature to work? Would be nice to be able to download instructions for V4.

John

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scoring and shot tracking info is in the newest users manual online in the suppport section of the website.

Anyone who is having problems with the shot tracking (no clubs), you'll have to sync your unit again to get it working. uPro support responded to my problem and that's what they said. Once I synced it was working fine.

As to it's usefullness on the course.... I played Wednesday, the scoring feature was very easy to use but I wish it had more stats to collect. Fairway missed doesn't mean much if you still had a good shot to get on the green.

The shot tracking seemed to have me fiddling around with the GPS too much, so I quit trying to use it after the first hole.

I wish they had a way to delete rounds from the device. Everytime you start a round with the features enabled, the round is recorded, even if you didn't finish or stopped recording info. It also appears there is no way to view the info except for on the device. Each round is stored in a .xml file, but it's not that easy to read if you open the file in a browser.

Does anyone know if there's a way to convert .xml to a .xls or .csv file? Not sure if the info would look any better though.

I finally purchased the Stats package and was able to use it this week. I found it to be quick and easy to use. I only had one issue with it, I played just 9 holes(back nine) and I accidently went into the scoring mode before I changed holes to #10 and it gave me a score for hole 1. at the end of the round it showed I played 10 holes and there was no way to delete the round or just remove the hole I didn't play. I also was hoping it would track my stats as a total average for all rounds played. It only shows your stats for just the round played. I have sent an email to Upro about these isues.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

I've had syncing issues ever since going to 4.0... the sync just never completes, it sticks at 95%. In reality, it does complete but doesn't tell you in the dialog. So I just let it sit for a while then disconnect and the courses will be there. Annoying, I'll probably call Upro when I get some time...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1281496173' post='2631578']
I also was hoping it would track my stats as a total average for all rounds played. It only shows your stats for just the round played. I have sent an email to Upro about these isues.
[/quote]

I have yet to buy the scoring plus upgrade. But according to the new user manual, the Upro will track your average distances per club (up to 50 rounds) and you can access them by going to Statistics\Previous rounds\club averages. If this is not the case, then the scoring plus package is useless to me.

[quote name='Matty' timestamp='1281502533' post='2631756']
I also was hoping it would track my stats as a total average for all rounds played. It only shows your stats for just the round played. I have sent an email to Upro about these isues.
[/quote]

I have yet to buy the scoring plus upgrade. But according to the new user manual, the Upro will track your average distances per club (up to 50 rounds) and you can access them by going to Statistics\Previous rounds\club averages. If this is not the case, then the scoring plus package is useless to me.
[/quote]

It is the case. Your overall average distances for each club are accessed by going to Menu -> Statistics -> Club Statistics, and are calculated over the last 50 rounds.

I like the club tracking and scoring a lot so far. It would be nice to have sand saves, etc. available in the stats, but the upgrade has been well worth it.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

[quote name='dwboston' timestamp='1281533630' post='2632083']
[quote name='Matty' timestamp='1281502533' post='2631756']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is the case. Your overall average distances for each club are accessed by going to Menu -> Statistics -> Club Statistics, and are calculated over the last 50 rounds.

I like the club tracking and scoring a lot so far. It would be nice to have sand saves, etc. available in the stats, but the upgrade has been well worth it.
[/quote]

It will average the distances but it does not give you the other stats as an average. I would love to be able to see where I stand as far as Fairways hit, Greens hit & putts for all my rounds. As of right now you can only see those stats per round only.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

RE: my rebate situation

Made a lot of calls to Callaway and it's lucky I get names when I talk to people on the phone. I explained the whole situation and, after sending them a proof of purchase and giving them the names of the people I spoke to, Callaway made up for the rebate with an equivalent amount of products at no charge. The rebate was out of their control but they made up for their mistake. Callaway did the right thing and I'm impressed with their response.

[quote name='Golfwolf' timestamp='1280397361' post='2605815']
[quote name='GWSaint' timestamp='1280396686' post='2605804']
Ok, I stand corrected. Just check the site again the the scoring feature is now available. It costs either 25 credits or $20. Hmm... does anyone want to upgrade first and let me know if it's worth it? :cheesy:
[/quote]

I am considering it!!! Oh what the hell, I have 81 credits, I am going to do it. I will not be able to use it until Saturday or Sunday this week.
[/quote]

I just got my Upro 3 days ago and like it so far. When I purchased it the web site said I had 3 credits that ships with the unit. How do you get up to 81 credits? Is the only way to get credits by purchasing them? Like I said I just got my Upro and don't know all the details yet. I saw the demo video about the statistics feature and it looks interesting.

[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1281834246' post='2638851']
[quote name='Golfwolf' timestamp='1280397361' post='2605815']
[quote name='GWSaint' timestamp='1280396686' post='2605804']
Ok, I stand corrected. Just check the site again the the scoring feature is now available. It costs either 25 credits or $20. Hmm... does anyone want to upgrade first and let me know if it's worth it? :cheesy:
[/quote]

I am considering it!!! Oh what the hell, I have 81 credits, I am going to do it. I will not be able to use it until Saturday or Sunday this week.
[/quote]

I just got my Upro 3 days ago and like it so far. When I purchased it the web site said I had 3 credits that ships with the unit. How do you get up to 81 credits? Is the only way to get credits by purchasing them? Like I said I just got my Upro and don't know all the details yet. I saw the demo video about the statistics feature and it looks interesting.
[/quote]

Yes - you have to buy additional credits. You buy them here: [url="https://coursefinder.uprogps.com/accounts/purchase_credits/"]https://coursefinder...rchase_credits/[/url]

The more credits you buy, the more of a "discount" you get. An 18 hole Pro Mode course costs 3 credits, so you'll see by looking at the price list, that 150 credits costs $120, so at that point you're paying less than $3 for a Pro Mode course. That's the package I bought when I bought my uPro 1.5 years ago. I've bought 25 courses and the Scoring Plus upgrade with my credits, and still have 56 left.

Once you buy a course, you own it and get upgrades for it free (so far at least). Your credits never expire either. I like this model better than the Skycaddie annual membership BS.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

[quote name='doodle_doodle' timestamp='1281815350' post='2638466']
RE: my rebate situation

Made a lot of calls to Callaway and it's lucky I get names when I talk to people on the phone. I explained the whole situation and, after sending them a proof of purchase and giving them the names of the people I spoke to, Callaway made up for the rebate with an equivalent amount of products at no charge. The rebate was out of their control but they made up for their mistake. Callaway did the right thing and I'm impressed with their response.
[/quote]

Good to hear.

Did the update, got the stats module. Looks decent and everything went without a hitch thanks to the advice from everyone here. I did have to call Callaway and have them email me the video files which took about 10 minutes to add to the device.

Question of the day... anyone figure out how to change your clubs in the shot distance measuring window? Right now they are all callaway products (understandably) but I can't imagine it'd be hard to change them to whatever you want. I guess it doesn't matter. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='No-sage' timestamp='1281296607' post='2626258']
Does anyone know if there's a way to convert .xml to a .xls or .csv file? Not sure if the info would look any better though.

[/quote]

I am looking to purchase a unit soon. Conversion from XML to any output should be a fairly simple task for most programmers depending on the complexity of the desired output. If you could send me a sample file I could see what is involved.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

What ever they did to fix the battery life issue definitely helped mine. Prior to the update and after 18 holes mine would only have maybe a quarter of the battery life left.

After 18 this past weekend with the new update, I still had 3/4 of my battery.

The new graphics are nice and easier to read in full sunshine. So far so good.

[quote name='TheBUNKY' timestamp='1285703253' post='2718427']
What ever they did to fix the battery life issue definitely helped mine. Prior to the update and after 18 holes mine would only have maybe a quarter of the battery life left.

[/quote]

question: how about the sleep mode? does it come up in an instant now? i've read before that the older version took a couple of seconds to come back on.

[quote name='pinoygolfer' timestamp='1285794704' post='2720404']

[/quote]

question: how about the sleep mode? does it come up in an instant now? i've read before that the older version took a couple of seconds to come back on.
[/quote]
So far, mine comes back within a second or two.

[quote name='TheBUNKY' timestamp='1286214715' post='2727822']
[quote name='pinoygolfer' timestamp='1285794704' post='2720404']

[/quote]

[/quote]
So far, mine comes back within a second or two.
[/quote]

Mine comes back pretty fast. Maybe a second at the most.

Mizuno STG 440 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

• 1 month later...

[quote name='gjpep' timestamp='1286293124' post='2729458']
I'm just in the habit now of pushing the button as I'm approaching my ball so either the yardage or the flyover is up when I get there.
[/quote]

Mine comes back pretty fast too. What is starting to drive me a little crazy is: 1-I can't clear the stats on club distance ( I mistakenly hit the button too early when I first got the device) and 2-Sometimes I forget to advance to the next hole and I want to get to the yardage fast and it takes too long to skip the flyover.