2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone Irons Comparison Chart

apocalypsem3

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting...those CB's are looking more and more inviting!

Taylormade SIM2 9° | Ventus VeloCore Black 6S

Titleist TS3 15° | Fubuki 75x5ct

Tylormade SIM DHY 17° & 19° | Diamana HY75-S

Taylormade M3 4-AW | DT XP100 S300

Vokey SM8 54° 12D | W Flex

Putter(s): Cameron Futura 5S | TM Stingray Ghost ST-74

I've replaced TA1's with MP37's, replaced with Xtours, replaced with (now) J33C's. I stumbled upon these clubs on a demo and bought a set immediately. They're staying in the bag. For me, these are longest, best feeling, and forgiving forged iron I've tried to date.

Feel: They have more "click" to them than the more “buttery” Miura's and Mizuno irons. I suspect that these are Endo forgings, but they seem to feel (sound?) less harsh/hard than other Endo's I have tried (i.e. Titleist). Feel wise, I now prefer the soft, clean“click” of the J33C’s over the buttery-mashed-potato smoothness of other premium forgings I've owned and tried. Also, these seem to have a heavy head (something I liked about the xtours), which allows me to feel the club head better through the swing.

Sole Design / Head Shape: These are one of the few premium forged irons with a killed or rolled leading edge. I am a digger and love the way this thing goes through the turf with my steep swing plane. Appearance wise, they remind me of MP30's (a club that I would have loved, but fore the sole design). Overall, great head shape and top lines too.

Distance: I hit standard distances in irons (i.e. 6 iron = 175) and really don’t care about iron distances, so long as they’re consistent. One surprising thing about these irons, is that I hit them longer than any other iron that I’ve tried (including my former Xtours, which are touted for their distance). My 6 iron now goes 180, which is kinda neat. I don’t know if the distance difference is from cleaner contact, better materials, better launch physics or deceptively strong lofts (I haven’t taken the time to compare the lofts of these clubs to see if they’re strong), and I don’t really care.

Look: Pure preference, but I’ve always loved split cavities.

You really have got to try these.

Hmm.... B'stone driver, 3 wood, and wedges.... which will you choose? :kewlpics:

I have the combos and had the MP-32's last season. I'm really wanting to try the J33 CB's now.

I find that graphic from Bridgestone pretty amusing. The "Feel" column for instance. Why would a company try to quantify something so subjective as "feel" and in doing so, create the perception that one of their iron offerings has less "feel" than the other two? Strange marketing there.

Also, the "workability" rating. What could be more workable than the J33 Combo short irons that are a forged muscleback style with reduced offset? :D B'stone seems to have some "language" and marketing issues to deal with. I can assure everyone that the Combos are quite "workable." I'd give them at least 2.5 little "B's." :D

Going by their chart, it makes it sound like the Combos are some big shovels. Definitely a cross-cultural marketing blunder. I wouldn't put too much credence in that chart.

I just swapped my J33 CB's for at set of MP-32's and I really regret. I can not recommend them enough...the J33's that is... :D

why do you regret swapping J33CB for MP-32? Please explain. I am interested in purchasing J33CB or MP-32.

Of course it's individual and I also need to say that i went from rifle 5.5's to DGS 300 shafts. The Mizuno's are a bit harder to hit and they feel a lot heavier which I don't like (maybe it's the shafts). Also it's hard for me to find my old draw again. Everything seems to go to the right with the MP-32's (again maybe it's the shafts). You should try bot sets and don't let the good looks of the Mizzy's decieve you...looks can be decieving :kewlpics:

has anyone done a combo set of the cavity and the blade?

i don't care for the feel and especially don't care for the look of the combo set, but i think the blade and cavity are pure sex. i think a combo set of the blade and cavity could really rock out. i haven't looked to see how the lofts set up between them, but with the chart, 8-pw in forged and 7-3 in cavity could be good times.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]