North Florida Golfers?

mrkle

Cary Splane is the Director of Golf at Marsh Creek (not Marsh Landing). Cary is a heck of a golfer but an even nicer guy. Have played quite a few times with him. Brian Cooper is a good friend of mine. He's out at Marsh Landing. I love that course. I just did a demo day out there a couple months ago.

Btw I'm always up for a local Wrx get together/skins game

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond  USTMamiya LIN-Q Blue 6F5
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond  15*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Red  7F5
Callaway Apex UW 19*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Blue  8F5
Callaway Apex Pro 24*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Black 105F5
Callaway Apex Pro CB 5-11 USTMamiya Recoil Dart V 130 F5
Callaway MD5 Jaws Black 56W, 60LW
Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas H7
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Why don't we plan on a round NEXT Saturday. I have to pick my kid up at the airport at 330. So I can drive over for a round. Marsh Creek, Eagle Landing, Marsh Landing, hell sounds like there needs to be an Eagle Creek. Let me know, was a bad month at work, so needs to be reasonable price wise. Would love to play at Marsh Creek, if just to be able to say hey to Cary Splane...its been 20 years...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Cary Splane is the Director of Golf at Marsh Creek (not Marsh Landing). Cary is a heck of a golfer but an even nicer guy. Have played quite a few times with him. Brian Cooper is a good friend of mine. He's out at Marsh Landing. I love that course. I just did a demo day out there a couple months ago.

You arent the Cally rep are you.. that bag looks awful familiar.

T1100 HZRDS Apex MB (are they lefty)

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Got room for another player next weekend?

Hey. I'm in. Let me check with the wife and make sure she wasn't planning on going with me to the airport. I think she has to work that day.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Got room for another player next weekend?

Looks like Saturday Is a go. Haugh is going to set up a place. I have to play early, as I have to be at the airport at 230 at the latest to pick up my son.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I got a team set for Friday... sorry you can't make it bud... but let me know when and where for Saturday...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

My course has a big "Irish Open" so no tee times, but Im trying to get a tee time at Laurel Island. If that doesnt work out we can play in the mens group shotgun at our little course here in Callahan. But I will let you know either way by tomorrow.

My course has a big "Irish Open" so no tee times, but Im trying to get a tee time at Laurel Island. If that doesnt work out we can play in the mens group shotgun at our little course here in Callahan. But I will let you know either way by tomorrow.

I played Laurel Island last week and it was in good shape, so that's a solid option.

I would like to personally invite everyone in the area to play my home course.

The Country Club at Lake City

Saturday April 1st

I need to know how many people are coming. I will set up tee times and lunch for everyone and get you a package deal or at least a copy of the menu. Food is good, and not overly expensive

Dress Code is simple.. wear some damn clothes, Collared shirt recommended. Greens are rye oversees, but the bermuda will be coming soon.

The course is located at the intersection of I-75 and US90, 6 miles south of I-10

Takes about an hour from 295 in Jacksonville.

I will set everything up for you, range balls, carts, and even a "skins game" or "trash game" if we have enough people coming. There is even breakfast on Saturday morning (eggs, bacon, etc cooked to order)

Let me know as soon as you can and I will get it together

I played Laurel Island last week and it was in good shape, so that's a solid option.

Are there any north florida golfers here? Looking for golfers that want to have fun but don't mind a newbie tagging along. Jacksonville area.

Gainesville here too

See above,,, only allows 4 quotes

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Jax, FL here.

Would love to meet them if theyre open to it. Im an auburn grad so I follow Barber when I can

I can get us on Marsh LAnding no problem, would love to get a wrx group out there.

orange park fla here. were almost neighbors

I will be in Jax for 6 or so months starting july firstish. I would love to meet some WRXs from here and play a TON of golf.

Let me know if you are interested in playing with us... Its a good course, I know you guys are spoiled in Jacksonville, but the layout of our course is tough and fair... don't have as much grass as say Eagle Landing... but the course is fun.

I will even see if I can get you guys a deal if we get enough people (course is normally around $45 including cart)

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

here is our website...

http://www.thecountryclubatlakecity.com

flyover

hole by hole flyover

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Man you know I would love to play but I have a huge Multi vendor demo day at Timiquana CC. But you guys have fun and lets get together soon and play again.

and for the record... OffTheDole KICKED MY a** on my own track......

he shot his best round ever... ON MY COURSE.....

*mutters to self

the boy can play...

(course I know the lines to take on the course, and he actually can hit them..... must be nice)

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

and for the record... OffTheDole KICKED MY a** on my own track......

he shot his best round ever... ON MY COURSE.....

*mutters to self

the boy can play...

(course I know the lines to take on the course, and he actually can hit them..... must be nice)

Hey, I had the benefit of your local knowledge and a full belly. Thanks again for your hospitality.

Yeah, but if someone points and says "hit it here," i can try and hit it there... but the ball goes where the ball goes.

You, on the other hand... hit it everywhere I pointed... I should've started pointing 50 yards left and into water hazards.

Breakfast is pretty good at our place.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Ok,

Next outing will be in Jax...

I will be:

playing championsgate Sat may 6th

at the Players on Friday may 12th

my clubs Players "blitz" is the 13th I am title sponsor, so I have to be there

so last saturday of the month is the 27th, so that could be a possibility ?

Eagle Landing

South Hampton

Some of the places that Ryan and Damon are closed to would be fine. I just have to play "early" so i am not gone all day.... the boss gets fidgety if I am gone all day

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Ok,

I will be:

Eagle Landing

South Hampton

Some of the places that Ryan and Damon are closed to would be fine. I just have to play "early" so i am not gone all day.... the boss gets fidgety if I am gone all day

Can you do Sunday the 28th? May is always the craziest month of the year for me with events, especially The Players.

Brian is a great guy! Been an awesome addition to Marsh Landing. I didnt know it until he started working there, but he coached one of my rival HS teams and we had known each other briefly back then.

Would be down for a skins/golfwrx grouping sometime. Just starting to play a little again. I dont check the forums much but am down to host a group out at ML, I can get everyone a good price and course is in fabulous shape right now

Lets Do it bud...

Ok,

I will be:

Eagle Landing

South Hampton

Can you do Sunday the 28th? May is always the craziest month of the year for me with events, especially The Players.

We just need to plan it. I generally try to play saturday mornings, and then walk after church... but I can usually get away with one Sunday here and there. Playing Kinderlou this Sunday....

You going to be at the TPC for the Friday round on the 12th? Im pretty sure thats the day my buddy got us tickets.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Lets Do it bud...

Ok,

I will be:

Eagle Landing

South Hampton

We just need to plan it. I generally try to play saturday mornings, and then walk after church... but I can usually get away with one Sunday here and there. Playing Kinderlou this Sunday....

You going to be at the TPC for the Friday round on the 12th? Im pretty sure thats the day my buddy got us tickets.

Very likely to be at TPC on Friday, though it'll be in a working capacity (photographing the tournament). I can hang out a bit though.

My demo season is starting to wind down. Ive got a demo day at South Hampton this Saturday and a demo day May 6th at Hidden Hills. So other than that let me know. The kiddos are in full little league swing but that will be finished soon. And Ill be out for the summer in just a little over a month, then I can play anytime lol. Looking forward to getting out and meeting you guys and playing some good golf.

I can attest to Marsh Landing being in phenomenal shape. I played during my Spring break and had a fantastic time. I always love playing that track.

Brian is a great guy! Been an awesome addition to Marsh Landing. I didnt know it until he started working there, but he coached one of my rival HS teams and we had known each other briefly back then.

Would be down for a skins/golfwrx grouping sometime. Just starting to play a little again. I dont check the forums much but am down to host a group out at ML, I can get everyone a good price and course is in fabulous shape right now

Marsh Landing has always been one of my favorites in the area. Any time you need a second, third, or fourth, feel free to shoot me a line.

My demo season is starting to wind down. Ive got a demo day at South Hampton this Saturday and a demo day May 6th at Hidden Hills. So other than that let me know. The kiddos are in full little league swing but that will be finished soon. And Ill be out for the summer in just a little over a month, then I can play anytime lol. Looking forward to getting out and meeting you guys and playing some good golf.

I can attest to Marsh Landing being in phenomenal shape. I played during my Spring break and had a fantastic time. I always love playing that track.

Marsh Landing has always been one of my favorites in the area. Any time you need a second, third, or fourth, feel free to shoot me a line.

I have never played there. so Im in its hard for me to get over there to play but if I don't do that but once in a blue moon, I don't catch any grief.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

South Hampton

North Hampton

Eagle Landing

Marsh Landing

Marsh Creek

Amelia Island Somethingorother

Any place I am overlooking?

We need to make it a regular thing to get together and play.

Damon, you are the IT guy... might have to make us a google calendar so we can all decide what days are what. with Ryan being out for the summer soon, I'm sure his handicap will drop back down into the plus range (i hate you all)

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Sounds good to me. I'm ready to get out and play.