Whats your opinion

poloshankey

Golf Channel announcers
I'm curious to know what everybody thinks about the new GC announcers. I personally am a little disappointed in Nick Faldo. Seems to me that he is trying to be somebody(an announcer) that he's not. Also, why did Kelly Tilghman get the job over all the other GC staffers? Maybe a woman gives a little different perspective on things but something is just a little frustrating about listening to the two of them interact. I, for one, can't wait for networks like CBS to start picking up weekend coverage. Am I wrong? Tell me what you think!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind Kelly and Nick but Rich has got to go! Personally, I wish that they would've hired Judy Rankin and Andy North. And what happened to Mark Rolfing?! Did he stay in Hawai'i? Can't blame him if he did.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

I agree with you. When the networks start covering the weekends we are going to really see how cheesy the coverage is. And by the way, don't even get me started on the "winzone," that has to be the biggest waste of time I have ever seen. Who cares if someone has a 2.7% chance of winning the golf tournament in the second round?

Faldo is very good, if you dont have to listen to him all the time, what he`s trying to do now is to be to funny, some of his joking has a european twist to it and doesn`t make much sence some time. Tillman, to be honest I just dont like to hear a womans voice all the time. What she says isn`t intresting. Rankin is one of the only females that does a good job but I still wouldn`t want to listen to her all the time either.

Faldo is very good at explaining what a tour players are doing and going through and I think thats what many want. He has started to get into the good and bad points of a particular players swing and the choices made, which I think most would like to hear about but hes either joking about it to much or nasty critical like Miller can be. So he`s new and will get settled into what he does best, we`ll have to see.

Lerner needs to "Do That" at home, with the mute on, while watching golf on TV.

Rolfing doesn't need his own show. How many shows can they do on the state of Hawaii and golfing in that state? He's decent on TV, but not great.

The Champions Tour - with Nicklaus and Palmer done, Irwin on the way out, I don't see any excitement anymore. Thier new slogan could be "These guys are old".

Nobilo is okay at this point, he's getting better too.

Chamblee needs to hang it up. He's a Johnny "I love myself" Miller in the making.

KT is alright, but she hasn't a clue. Faldo has to continue to correct her.

Vince Cellini(sp) is not as talented as he appears to think he is. He drives me insane and I thank the higher being that he isn't on this coverage.

This "Win Zone" and putting line thingy....I personally don't care. The putting line clutters up my tv screen and the win zone doesn't mean squat to me. The leader could knock 10 O.B. on the 72nd hole and lose.

Why does TGC insist on being "Rerun Central"? Why are we watching final round coverage from the week before on Monday, Tuesday, etc.?

Faldo - I like him on TV...a lot...but can he stop plugging the Faldo Institute. Next thing we'll have is Dave Pelz doing all of the calls for all of the putts from the booth and promoting his "O Balls".

Aside from that, I like it...it's golf!

-mini

PS

George Lopez - Go Away!

OK heres my opinion...Kelly should go...Nick is good most of the time...Rocko kinda of annoys me sometimes (the two skip finjoozler comments make me want to punch him in the face). The fact of the matter is that TGC's coverage in general has just been sub-par. The poor commentating in my poinion stems from their lack of coverage. You watch an hour of coverage on TGC and you might see 15 mins of actual golf. They focus too much on Nick and Kelly carrying the coverage and the commentating gets quite annoying since you have to listen to them and watcht them most of the time. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they showed more actual golf. Kelly doesn't know anything and shouldn't really talk. Nick knows a lot and has a lot to offer but sometimes goes overboard with dumb jokes. Overall TGC just needs to show more actual golf less of Nick and Kelly in the commentating booth giving us updated WInZone numbers

OK heres my opinion...Kelly should go...Nick is good most of the time...Rocko kinda of annoys me sometimes (the two skip finjoozler comments make me want to punch him in the face). The fact of the matter is that TGC's coverage in general has just been sub-par. The poor commentating in my poinion stems from their lack of coverage. You watch an hour of coverage on TGC and you might see 15 mins of actual golf. They focus too much on Nick and Kelly carrying the coverage and the commentating gets quite annoying since you have to listen to them and watcht them most of the time. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they showed more actual golf. Kelly doesn't know anything and shouldn't really talk. Nick knows a lot and has a lot to offer but sometimes goes overboard with dumb jokes. Overall TGC just needs to show more actual golf less of Nick and Kelly in the commentating booth giving us updated WInZone numbers

And the bazillion shots of the pond. Come on! Show more GOLF SHOTS already!

ímo kelly behaves like a robot. always tries to keep her composture too much (while nick is slouching next to her :)and when her face is on air and listening to nick or a guest; every 10-20 seconds she looks into the camera with this fake expression and nodding... she needs to loosen up or the people in charge should loosen up.

Please for the love of god, TGC bring in Feherty and McCord, and try to get Scott Van Pelt back from ESPN! Fire Inga Hammond, Vince Cellini, Rich Lerner, Give Kelly and Nick some time to shape up, Rocco don't try so damn hard, and Dottie keep on rocking you are doing great.

You said it! Great post! We want the dynamic duo back!