seriously look at those numbers again for both guys LOL

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The perfect team for a guy like Carmelo is Phoenix. I mentioned the Celtics also last page since they are a big market. But Rondo only and Carmelo isn't getting it done unless they mortgage their picks for another guy and i wonder if the Celtics aren't smarter then that now anyway (to build around Carmelo).

Phoenix actually makes sense. They have the best cap situation of any team. They need to re-sign Bledsoe, but i believe they can do that aswell as sign Carmelo without paying the tax

Dragic signed 2 more years after this one, Morris twins 2 more years, Plumlee 3 more years, 4 first round picks which will result in cheap labor. Alex Len is cheap labor

By the time Carmelo's contract is up in 4 years they won't have had to let anyone walk.

Phoenix makes the most sense, for both them and Carmelo. Him and Bledsoe/Dragic with all that cheap talent could be really really good

which means he'll probably re-sign in New York for max money and never win anything

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1393975810' post='8798671']
at the end of the day if OKC ends up with a similar , or especially, better record then Miami, i think Durant will get it. I just think that this is "Durant's year" and the voters grow tired of the same guy winning it all the time. Sometimes guys get it for reasons other then simply being the best guy. I think people want to give it to Durant and Westbrook's injury was the icing on that cake

Even though arguably OKC without Russ is a better team then Miami without Wade (they will both miss similar amounts of games)

But, i do think Durant gets it unless Lebron throws up even more insane numbers in the next month

As sick as Lebron's year is (27-7-7, 4th in NBA in FG percentage!!!!!![i] FOURTH!!!!!).....[/i]Durant is 31-8-6 and close to 50-40-90 shooting

both guys are otherworldly, basketball is so spoiled right now
[/quote]

Unless your name is Barkley and you're turning into an old curmudgeon.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Philly is just really really bad LOL....Westbrook triple double in 20 minutes. KD 42 points in 3 quarters

Apparently Carter Williams was trash talking Westbrook while they were down 20+ points. Even his own coach questioned it.

They are an awful team

Today Bill SImmons wondered in his mailbag if they could finish the year with 36 straight losses. I'm sure they'll win 1-2 games. But 2-34 or 3-33 is in play

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

BTW, updated best teams in the NBA by point differential

1) Indiana +8.2
2) OKC +7.9
3) Miami +7.8
4) Clippers +7.0
5) San Antonio +6.8

Clippers making some noise!

OKC highest combined offensive and defensive ranking

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1394073832' post='8808205']
What is the Record for the Fastest Triple Double. Westbrook's was super impressive. On the topic of triple doubles. Joakim Noah got another one today.
[/quote]

Dude, he is playing some of the most inspired and passionate basketball I love to watch him play. I LOVE guys that play on the NBA NO FRIEND ZONE team. He's averaging like 14 12 and 7 over the past 4-5 weeks.

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1394078973' post='8808981']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1394073832' post='8808205']
What is the Record for the Fastest Triple Double. Westbrook's was super impressive. On the topic of triple doubles. Joakim Noah got another one today.
[/quote]

Dude, he is playing some of the most inspired and passionate basketball I love to watch him play. I LOVE guys that play on the NBA NO FRIEND ZONE team. He's averaging like 14 12 and 7 over the past 4-5 weeks.
[/quote]

Bulls are really fun to watch right now, they literally run their offense through Noah. I can see them knocking Miami or Indiana out if they score consistently.

Speaking of...who's all in on the NO NBA FRIENDS on the court team? These days guys have the same agent, party together, go to sneaker parties, do commercials together, train together, etc etc etc (the whole AAU culture).

Kobe has been the captain of this team for years now. I think the torch is passing to both Noah AND Rose (if he ever gets healthy). I think Paul George might be on this team. Rondo definitely is...

This team is for guys that actually can't stand having the whole Friends On Other Teams Six Step Handshake Before The Game thing - this is a team for them. Guys that have ZERO issue with causing getting in someone's face and trying to fight another teams best player (like...LBJ would never ever run up on KD, Paul, etc - they know each other too well).

Kobe
Rose
Noah
Rondo
Hibbert? maybe
George? maybe
mayyyyyyyyyyyybe Russ?

There were like 20 of these guys when I was in college in the NBA - but my generation was the first of the "AAU era" where things started to change.

Obviously, Artest is the coach of this team.

The owner, is obviously MJ.

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1394127350' post='8812001']
Speaking of...who's all in on the NO NBA FRIENDS on the court team? These days guys have the same agent, party together, go to sneaker parties, do commercials together, train together, etc etc etc (the whole AAU culture).

Kobe has been the captain of this team for years now. I think the torch is passing to both Noah AND Rose (if he ever gets healthy). I think Paul George might be on this team. Rondo definitely is...

This team is for guys that actually can't stand having the whole Friends On Other Teams Six Step Handshake Before The Game thing - this is a team for them. Guys that have ZERO issue with causing getting in someone's face and trying to fight another teams best player (like...LBJ would never ever run up on KD, Paul, etc - they know each other too well).

Kobe
Rose
Noah
Rondo
Hibbert? maybe
George? maybe
mayyyyyyyyyyyybe Russ?

There were like 20 of these guys when I was in college in the NBA - but my generation was the first of the "AAU era" where things started to change.

Obviously, Artest is the coach of this team.

The owner, is obviously MJ.
[/quote]

I would take George out.

My Attempt at No Friends Squad

Rose - Rondo
Kobe - T.Allen
Pierce - Deng - Granger
Cousins - Garnett - West
Noah - Hibbert

Fun list!

I'll try

G: Patrick Beverley (definitely)
G; Dwayne Wade
G: Kobe
G: Kyle Lowry
F: Matt Barnes
F: Zach Randolph
F: Blake Griffin (everyone hates Blake Griffin, for various reasons)
F: David West
C: Joakim Noah
C: Kendrick Perkins

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So, question.....if you were building a team for next season and could have any center in the NBA.....who do you take?

This came up on the podcast yesterday. Is Dwight Howard the best center in the NBA again? Do you take Roy Hibbert despite his recent shooting slump?

Or is Noah the best center in the league now? He's averaging 12-11 with a lot of assists and great defense

I try to imagine what would happen to both teams in Noah got traded for Howard straight up

I actually think Noah is better

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1394155413' post='8815457']
So, question.....if you were building a team for next season and could have any center in the NBA.....who do you take?

This came up on the podcast yesterday. Is Dwight Howard the best center in the NBA again? Do you take Roy Hibbert despite his recent shooting slump?

Or is Noah the best center in the league now? He's averaging 12-11 with a lot of assists and great defense

I try to imagine what would happen to both teams in Noah got traded for Howard straight up

[/quote]

I don't think Houston says yes to that deal. Chicago just stick Noah at the top of the key and run a ton of stuff through him, not sure how he would do in Houston. I don't think they'd get the most out of him just because of how their offense is set up, he'd be wasted there IMO.

[/quote]

Coming from a bulls fan if I had to choose between Howard and Noah, its Jo hands down.

I don't know if he's the 'best' center in the NBA, but he definitely possesses the most skills. It seems the NBA is moving towards small-ball; it wouldn't hurt to build around a center who can switch out on the pick and roll and defend ball handlers, as well as initiate the fast break and distribute the ball. He's also no slouch when it comes to traditional center responsibilities like post defense, rebounding intensity, and rim protection. And you can't question the heart and intensity with which he plays.

Would like it if he could shoot a tad better from 15-18 feet though.

Callaway Razr Hawk Tour 9.5
Adams Idea Pro 23, 20, 18
Bridgestone J40 CB 5-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 50, 56, 60
Yes! Callie

At this point, I still think Howard is the best center in the league. He's close to putting up similar numbers as he did in Orlando, yet he's playing on a team with much more talent than he ever had there. He's still one of the top 2 defensive centers in the league (Hibbert). It's amazing how many shots that he alters with his length and athleticism.

I honestly think I'd take a healthy Pekovic in Minnesota over Noah. That guy can really, really play. I've watched him a handful of times and he's fantastic. He can score, shoot FTs well and is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.

That's obviously just my opinion though. Noah is fantastic. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those guys.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Howard has More Talent. However I have more faith in Noah in a big game. Love this tweet by Steve Kerr the other day

[twitter]SteveKerrTNT
[/twitter]
[quote]If I had to pick 1 player to play a Game 7 on the road, I'd take LeBron 1st, KD 2nd and Joakim Noah 3rd. Noah is an amazing player/winner.[/quote]

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1394157617' post='8815757']
I honestly think I'd take a healthy Pekovic in Minnesota over Noah. That guy can really, really play. I've watched him a handful of times and he's fantastic. He can score, shoot FTs well and is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.

[/quote]

Disagree with Pek over Noah, but completely agree that Pekovic can play. The guy is really underrated. Also, a bit of a bummer that Minnesota hasn't done more recent years, as it always seems that they are considered to be on the verge of relevance.

Bridgestone J40 CB 5-PW
Yes! Callie

[quote name='hotsauce26' timestamp='1394159207' post='8815981']

[/quote]

Disagree with Pek over Noah, but completely agree that Pekovic can play. The guy is really underrated. Also, a bit of a bummer that Minnesota hasn't done more recent years, as it always seems that they are considered to be on the verge of relevance.
[/quote]

But the thing is, they haven't done things for a reason. Neither Pekovic or Love is a real defensive player. They are currently the worst team in the entire NBA at contesting shots from 5 feet and in. That is not hypothetical that is an actual fact. They allow teams to shoot almost 65% against them on close shots ---worst mark in the league.

That has to do with Pekovic and Love. Great offensive tandem no doubt. But almost no one has won an NBA title without being a top 10 defense.

I agree that Howard needs to be respected. He has the Rockets to the cusp of being a top 10 D, with the same team that was 16th last year with Omer Asik (himself a good defender). So D12 can still really play

Noah has won me over the last few weeks though

BTW if you want offensive centers, where is Al Jefferson in the discussion? He has the most complete post game of anyone

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

http://www.nba.com/games/20140306/OKCPHX/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

nice to have Russell back.....3 of the first 4 highlights are Westbrook steals where he looks like he's moving twice as fast as anyone else. He may get another triple double tonight

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1394157144' post='8815705']

[/quote]

I don't think Houston says yes to that deal. Chicago just stick Noah at the top of the key and run a ton of stuff through him, not sure how he would do in Houston. I don't think they'd get the most out of him just because of how their offense is set up, he'd be wasted there IMO.
[/quote]

Yeah you're not wrong. Dwight does well there because they chuck a lot, and he is a very active rebounder and roller to the rim for alley oops, not really Noah's game.

But i don't think Chicago improves with Dwight either. He doesn't have the skillset to do what they ask Noah to do

I remember there being a big debate when he was at Florida about who would be better, he or Al Horford. Billy Donovan famously said Horford would be the better pro. In the end both guys have been great.

BTW, not a bad frontcourt from that championship Florida team. Noah-Horford-Brewer

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1394162472' post='8816445']
BTW if you want offensive centers, where is Al Jefferson in the discussion? He has the most complete post game of anyone
[/quote]

The art of the post game- a rare find in the nba these days. But I couldn't agree more, Al Jefferson has one of the best array of moves in the post.

[media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdz7IAnsZs
[/media]

Bridgestone J40 CB 5-PW
Yes! Callie

Bah , trade Westbrook!!!!!

LOL , poor basta*d.... He goes 13-22 for 36-9-9 with the highest +/- on the team and they fall to 2-4 with him back in the lineup. He'll probably get rocks thrown through his window tonight

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1394168453' post='8817145']
Bah , trade Westbrook!!!!!

LOL , poor basta*d.... He goes 13-22 for 36-9-9 with the highest +/- on the team and they fall to 2-4 with him back in the lineup. He'll probably get rocks thrown through his window tonight
[/quote]

I would love to see Westbrook be the Number 1 option on a team like Boston. Boston could be scary in a few years time.

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1394162472' post='8816445']
[quote name='hotsauce26' timestamp='1394159207' post='8815981']

[/quote]

[/quote]

But the thing is, they haven't done things for a reason. Neither Pekovic or Love is a real defensive player. They are currently the worst team in the entire NBA at contesting shots from 5 feet and in. That is not hypothetical that is an actual fact. They allow teams to shoot almost 65% against them on close shots ---worst mark in the league.

That has to do with Pekovic and Love. Great offensive tandem no doubt. But almost no one has won an NBA title without being a top 10 defense.

I agree that Howard needs to be respected. He has the Rockets to the cusp of being a top 10 D, with the same team that was 16th last year with Omer Asik (himself a good defender). So D12 can still really play

Noah has won me over the last few weeks though

[/quote]

Al Jefferson is a great player. 2 Fantastic games against Indy and Miami this week. If he played D. He would be the best Center in the game. Drummond in Detroit is going to be a superstar. Great Season from him.

Dwight has done great this season in Houston looks fit and happy. I Like this Houston Team. The West playoffs are so hard to predict.

Spurs
Thunder
Rockets
Clippers
Warriors
Can all win it. I have Doubts with Portland. However Memphis can always surprise.