tw_focus

Unregistered
  • Last visited

• Feedback

0%

Personal Information

• Handicap

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

tw_focus's Achievements

1. I too would like to delete my account. Can you help to make it so? I am fully aware and acknowledge the items in your post. Thanks.
  2. Dude ... it was a 7i last Sept, a year later it's a knockdown 3i ... it's been a rough year. Better players could hit a 7i, 6i, 4i, 3i, 3W, etc. to that hole. The question is what is the best club choice, not what club you can hit at 100% power to reach the green with a flush shot. I have learned that concept in recent months, maybe you have not yet reached that point of your golf game. Knockdown 3i is what I would use today, yesterday I may have chosen something different, tomorrow I may have a new idea. If you aren't learning and getting better as a golfer then you're falling behind. That's the TW ethos.
  3. I have no firsthand knowledge of the events that occurred here and probably neither do you. We are relying 100% on one person's account, which could be truth, could be fiction, we do not know. We have methods of evaluating the consistency of the story presented, and those methods point to major concerns, as I pointed out. Go ahead and believe everything you read though.
  4. "Unbeknownst to Ni and Haefner, Nebraska PGA officials planned to keep a close eye on the group." QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE, not taken out of context in any way. Now supposedly according to the author, the guy and his caddy hit a shank on a par 4, then walked over to the hole and dropped the ball in the hole, claiming a hole in one. So how do you "keep a close eye on the group" and allow that to happen? It doesn't make sense, something is wrong here, the story is NOT internally consistent. It's a clear contradiction that cannot be explained. At minimum, this story is embellished and contains inaccuracies, for all we know it could be 100% false.
  5. So about the Boston event, the big story is whether 4 Aces can 3-peat. It hasn't been done in major pro sports in a long, long time (I think since Jordan's Bulls) and if 4 Aces can pull it off then it could be the sports story of the year. The question is who can stop them. If anyone can do it then it will be Punch GC. You know Cam Smith wants to make a big first impression and ruining 4 Aces 3-peat bid would stun the sports world. I do think the Aces will pull it off BUT the only odds I can find are 1:2 or worse. I would take Aces all day at 1:1, take it if you can find it.
  6. Wow, can't wait for the Boston event! Can the Aces make it a 3-peat? I LIV for this!
  7. Yes, this story doesn't pass the smell test. So the tournament had marshals trailing the guy, so how did they miss the guy or his caddy supposedly depositing a ball in the hole? And again with the guy supposedly throwing a ball down a ball in the fairway? I don't know whether this guy is a cheat or not, but I know with 100% certainty that the published account makes no sense and is likely embellished or not factual in one or more regards. Let's hear the DQ guy's side of the story before we crucify him, ok?
  8. It didn't work out but if he goes over the bunker he probably can't get it within 20 feet of the hole. Give the guy a break. Not the best course management but I have seen worse. Did get get up and down from the sand?
  9. No point in arguing with YOU as YOU are the one who doesn't understand underlying design elements. A muni hole with 30 mph wind is still a muni hole. Prevailing wind is OFF the ocean which makes both EASY holes with little SKILL OR DESIGN, unlike say HMB 17 Ocean Course or 18 Old Course approach shot where you MUST hit a low shot due to the crosswind.
  10. Good on Rors for winning this thing. He's a true TOUR CHAMPION, 3x winner. Maybe someone will care about this event someday and his 3x wins will retroactively become a big deal. Edit: Rors' drop was 100% by the books, not a shred of anything wrong with that. Don't hate the player, hate the rulebook.
  11. Pebble 7 and Pebble 17. First is a pitch and putt, second is an ordinary par 3 with an ocean backdrop. Those could be muni holes if not for the backdrop.
  12. Amazing! Rors was always the heir to TW's throne even if Rors couldn't live up to his potential. Now these two ballers in a league of their own! Can't wait!
  13. Phil is not the best golfer on tour, he was forever eclipsed by TW. But he had the most charisma and honestly he's one of the truly cool guys on Tour that are really likeable. Chuck said it best, everyone wants to know Phil, play with Phil, he's an all around good dude. And yes, he was right.