GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

been a while...8yrs

-dustin ·  
-dustin-dustin Members  32WRX Points: 65Posts: 32 Bunkers
My last post here was in back in late 2007, I believe.<br />
<br />
In the late 90s and early 2000s I had a 3 handicap and was playing/ practicing religiously. helps when you work at a course.<br />
<br />
Burned out. Big time. Never sold my clubs, though. Probably because they were fairly new - 962s, generic 2i, 976R and a 12* steel shaft Warbird, some 56 and 52* RTGs, some rather old 60* something or other from Titleist...and my trusty Snake Eyes quarter mallet. <br />
<br />
In 2007 I tried to get back into it, but life got in the way.<br />
<br />
I think it's time to pick it back up, again. Technology has advanced hugely, and it's kind of blowing my mind. at the moment, i'm just trying to find some shoes. <br />
<br />
Let's see how this goes.<br />
<br />
After I get shoes.<br />
<br />
10986222_1431447310480424_778447307_n.jpg
Posted:

Comments

• ArafelArafel Members  4290WRX Points: 169Posts: 4,290 Titanium Tees
    Just buy a cheap but somewhat recent driver and 3 wood and you'll be fine.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • -dustin-dustin Members  32WRX Points: 65Posts: 32 Bunkers
    Nah, I'll stick with the 976R and the 12*er. If anything, I'll reshaft the 976R. Might be putting lipstick on a pig, but I figure there will be bigger issues to tackle first.
    Posted:
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Las VegasMembers  2208WRX Points: 115Handicap: 6.3Posts: 2,208 Platinum Tees
    Welcome back bud. My brother used to play all the time and was scratch at his best and then he fell out of it and ended up selling his clubs, regrettably. They were the DCI 990s and he still, to this day, maintains his opinion of they were the best feeling irons he'd ever hit.
    Posted:
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • Roadking_6Roadking_6 Members  2483WRX Points: 81Posts: 2,483 Platinum Tees
    Welcome back. I had the same thing. Played very seriously as a youth, got close but never quite got to scratch. Just started playing serious again last year (in September after softball ended). 8 years and didn't even touch a golf club. It has been a struggle trying to get my game back on track. Best of luck to you and hopefully you are finding fairways better than I have been.
    Posted:
  • -dustin-dustin Members  32WRX Points: 65Posts: 32 Bunkers

So that last return ended up in a miserable failure, as free time was slim, and other pastimes were more important. This time around, however, all-in. Got myself a mat from DW Quail, a net, and some shoes. Been trying to bring things back around in my garage for the past few weeks...an hour a night, minimum...stretch, SW, 9i, 7i. Couple hours a day on the weekends. Finally built my way up to hitting a 5i comfortably. Have recently developed some soreness in my right hand that I think might be from overuse. Trying to address problems that were persistent in the younger days (little hip/ shoulder rotation, weight shift). Anywho....let's see how this goes.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.