Have the option to get a great deal on M1 440 from friend, which loft?

JinxyJ08JinxyJ08 Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭
edited Feb 23, 2018 in Equipment #1
Long story short, friend has the new driver bug so he is willing to sell me his 2017 M1 440 with Rogue Silver for a solid deal (he has played it like 3 times so almost new.) I have been looking to drop a bit of loft from my i20 as it is a 10.5* and it is a little higher and more rainbow flight than what I want. So just looking to see if the 10.5* M1 440 is a lower launch than most other 10.5* or if I should pass on it and grab a 9.5*? I need to know by today which is why I don't go do a huge demo session. (he got his bonus today so if I don't buy hes trading in.)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Tagged:

Comments

• BookerBooker Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    Yes it does launch and spin low. Remember those ping heads have more actual loft than the stated 10.5. My I 25 10.5 had actually 12 degrees. At least with the m series you can loft it down, it will open the face up though. Go try one at a local place first and see what the launch is like for you. It is one of the lowest spin heads around.
  • seslwr1seslwr1 Members Posts: 112 ✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind is what hosel setting you use and what effective loft it creates. In my M1, I play it in the “higher” setting which creates an effective loft of +2*. As a result, I chose the 9.5* in order to keep the ball flight optimal. My angle of attack is also +3* or higher.

If you’re someone who plays an open or square club face, the 10.5* might work for you. Also, the Rogue Silver is advertised as a low launch shaft so it should keep the ball down some.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TourEdge Exotics CBX 15* 3-Wood w/ HRZDUS Yellow 75 6.0[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75h Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged w/ Project X LZ Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 54*, & 58*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron X7[/font]