Compression and ball help

rwill522rwill522 Members Posts: 175 ✭✭
I am a 6 hdcp and have started using Pro V1's. I have noticed a loss of distance with these balls. All I can say is that believe it or not I love the Pinnacle Exception golf ball. I have posted my best scores with this ball. The problem is, I believe they are no longer produced except for a few double dozens I see on the net. I know the Exception is a 2 piece, ionomer cover, 70's compression ball. Is there another ball out there with similar specs that could be a good swap out for me? I am a high ball hitter and don't have problems holding greens so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• PurePursuit PurePursuit Members Posts: 2,237
    The Pro V is just spinning far too much for you (especially compared to the Pinnacle). Try the new LDP Reds if you want to still play around with a premium ball with great feel. If you want something similar check out the other Pinnacle balls.
  • sk373sk373 Members Posts: 1,413
    edited May 27, 2008 #3
    the Pinnacle Platinum Feel is the successor to the Pinnacle Exception. the Titleist NXT Extreme is also very similar. you might also like the Titleist NXT Tour if you want more control with the irons, but don't wish to sacrifice distance. other options include the Titleist GranZ (the Japanese NXT Tour with more focus on distance, $16.99/dz at GPPGolf.com), the Wilson Zip ($20/dz), Srixon Trispeed ($24/dz), TaylorMade Burner TP ($25/dz), Maxfli Tour Fire (exact same ball as the TaylorMade Burner TP, $20/dz at Dicks Sporting Goods).

if you want to try another urethane ball, the 2007 TaylorMade TP Black or Red may be right up your alley. tgw.com has them for $24.99/dz, and if you order today, you can get an extra 10% off. the Srixon Z-URS and Bridgestone B-330S are options as well.
  • ragu421ragu421 Members Posts: 343
    If you have a Dicks Sporting goods store around {or online} they have the Maxfli tour fire buy one dozen, get a dozen free.Not too shabby an egg I gotta say.Especially for the money.Also, it is a 75 compression ball which will give you a couple extra yards off the box.