Sanding the post on my putter to fit a shaft

I have a .370 shaft and the post on the putter is still slightly too big.

What would the best way to sand down the post evenly so I can fit it into the shaft?

Is by hand the best, or can I use a Dremel or tool similar?

Comments

• majicmajic Charter Members Posts: 1,217 ✭✭
    If you don’t have a belt sander you can do it with a file. Good sharp one. What kind of putter do you need to fix
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,304 ✭✭
    I just did this with an O Works 7s that I needed to re-shaft. My shaft fit, but was extremely snug and pushed out too much epoxy to allow a sufficient bond. The post on mine even had a flat part on it (that I assumed was put there to allow air to escape and give more surface area for the epoxy to bond to), but was still a little too tight to allow a good bond. I used a belt sander to take a little off the entire circumference, then added another flat spot on the opposite side of the original and all worked out well in the end.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • BearPigBearPig Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Thank you for the reply’s.

I have an old Walter Hagen by Tad Moore blade putter and was trying to put a black shaft on it. Just kind of a small project.

I ended up getting a Wilson 8882 recently though so I am going to reshaft it and regrip it
  • Stu-CoStu-Co Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    BearPig wrote:

Thank you for the reply's.

I have an old Walter Hagen by Tad Moore blade putter and was trying to put a black shaft on it. Just kind of a small project.

I ended up getting a Wilson 8882 recently though so I am going to reshaft it and regrip it

haha - ironic that you got Tad Moore himself responding to your post!
    Driver: 917 D3 - 9.5* (B1)
    FW: 917 FD - 15* (B1)
    Hybrid: 816 - 18*
    Irons: Titleist (4-PW)
    Putter: SGC Custom 902
    Wedges: Vokey 52*, 56* & 60*