Which fitting should I go for?

So I have the option of either paying £40 for a 90 minute fitting at Silvermere Golf (UK) - or the Mizuno Van will be there in April, and I can pay £30 for a 40 minute fitting.

I’m particularly interested in the Hot Metal Pro’s - and will probably either get those, the standard HM - or perhaps the Forged bent strong?

Would the tour van fitting be better even though it’s shorter?

Comments

• phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 1,810 ClubWRX

10 quid for double the time seems like the better investment no? Further, I would suspect that the fitting at Silvermere would include other brand options on top of just Mizuno. It is always a good idea to try and be as brand agnostic as possible during a fitting, you never know what might work. Don't get me wrong, the Mizuno stuff is outstanding this year, but what if you hit Z585, I500, or P790 better? I guess the only drawback is if Silvermere only does Mizuno, then I would say save yourself the extra 10 and get fit by someone who only works with Mizuno as they will know the product best (or should).

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Accra TZP (TZ5 Prototype) 455
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Diamana Thump 75F
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85F
    Hybrid empty but have a Diamana Thump 90H waiting
    New Level 1031 Black 5-PW - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Prototype 1 of 1 - Stability
  • dannykosdannykos Posts: 236 ClubWRX

@phatchrisrules said:
    10 quid for double the time seems like the better investment no? Further, I would suspect that the fitting at Silvermere would include other brand options on top of just Mizuno. It is always a good idea to try and be as brand agnostic as possible during a fitting, you never know what might work. Don't get me wrong, the Mizuno stuff is outstanding this year, but what if you hit Z585, I500, or P790 better? I guess the only drawback is if Silvermere only does Mizuno, then I would say save yourself the extra 10 and get fit by someone who only works with Mizuno as they will know the product best (or should).

Thanks for responding. Silvermere stock and fit most manufacturers - but they are a Mizuno Performance Centre. I'm pretty set on Mizuno to be honest, so really the question is whether the tour van fitter will be better than the Performance Centre one? I like the idea of getting more time, quality over quantity usually wins?

Might give them a call and see which route they recommend.

• phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 1,810 ClubWRX

@dannykos said:

@phatchrisrules said:

Thanks for responding. Silvermere stock and fit most manufacturers - but they are a Mizuno Performance Centre. I'm pretty set on Mizuno to be honest, so really the question is whether the tour van fitter will be better than the Performance Centre one? I like the idea of getting more time, quality over quantity usually wins?

Might give them a call and see which route they recommend.

Typically your tech reps are very dedicated to one product, but they might not be that well versed on shaft dynamics and such. I still think the extra 10 is worth it for double the time. It's not a quality vs. quantity thing, it's more of an I don't think you can get properly fit in under an hour kind of thing. I think it will be more like "okay swing this Mizuno Optimizer 3 times. Great, we get KBS Tour, Project X LZ, and AMT. What head you like? Alright cool. Hit 7 shots with each. Alright HM Pro with KBS it is, you hit that better. That'll be 30 quid. You can take that spec sheet to the counter over there and place your order, oh and yeah, you might need a degree or two upright."

I've seen some really bad tech rep fittings. I'd personally feel more comfortable doing one with someone who basically just does fittings.

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Accra TZP (TZ5 Prototype) 455
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Diamana Thump 75F
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85F
    Hybrid empty but have a Diamana Thump 90H waiting
    New Level 1031 Black 5-PW - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Prototype 1 of 1 - Stability