Titleist adjustable sleeve snapped

Any of you club fitters ever have an adjustable sleeve snap in half right where the bottom of the shaft is? I picked up a brandnew 818h1 in a tensi atomix 85 stiff shaft. Might have hit 30 balls total. Went to the range today and on first ball strike the head flew about 100 yards. Looked down and the black metal adjustable sleeve was busted right around the shaft bottom. Shaft wasnt hurt. Club is less then 30 days old. Im hoping carls golfland helps me out or if not maybe titleist warranty. Never seen an adjustable sleeve snap.

Comments

• mogc60mogc60 Members Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess it was cracked a bit on that bottom piece of the adapter when it was installed on the shaft. A little torque in tightening it and a few contacts and that small crack gave way. Contact Titleist...they will get it taken care of. No blame in my opinion...just a hairline crack no one would have seen.

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4”
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5”
    WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S
    SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5
    CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X
    SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38”
    SNELL MTB-X

• shellbmbshellbmb Members Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭

This happened to a shaft of mine that I sold on eBay. Same Titleist adapter. The buyer hit just a few balls on the range and it snapped mid-adapter. Thankfully the shaft was OK. I just mailed him a new adapter.

M4 Kuro Kage XD 60 TX
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file