IJGA

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year over christmas time and had a great time. Everyone was great and the coaches were super helpful. We also got to play on awesome courses. The only thing that was bad was that they kind of tried to teach the same swing to every kid, and although it was a good swing, I was kind of dissapointed by that.

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

• 3 weeks later...

i was there for 2 years. 04-06. that place now have really gone downhill. all the good coaches have left! Worked with former PGATOUR pro hugh royer. who is now at myrtle beach. He also offer the same programs for less and better. Champions golf academy there webiste is www.championsgolfacademylbc.com.

I know hank haney as gone in a director of insturction but that just the name! Hilton head island awesume! Pricely but still cheap than david leadbetter (IMG) The school hertiage academy is a joke. slept all thru classes graduated with a 4.04 gpa. I know play of university texas at pan american. haha didnt learn a things in high school. but got to golf everyday.

• 3 weeks later...
i was there for 2 years. 04-06. that place now have really gone downhill. all the good coaches have left! Worked with former PGATOUR pro hugh royer. who is now at myrtle beach. He also offer the same programs for less and better. Champions golf academy there webiste is www.championsgolfacademylbc.com.

I know hank haney as gone in a director of insturction but that just the name! Hilton head island awesume! Pricely but still cheap than david leadbetter (IMG) The school hertiage academy is a joke. slept all thru classes graduated with a 4.04 gpa. I know play of university texas at pan american. haha didnt learn a things in high school. but got to golf everyday.

the school must be a joke, obviously that 4.04 gpa didn't involve any spelling or english classes!!! Also, have seen the championsgolf academy. Not even close to what the IJGA involves. Hank Haney is not only there a lot, they also have Peter Krause, 2005 pga teacher of the year that is there every day

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks I did work there for 3.5 years trained In-Kyung Kim who wont the USGA Jr.Girls championship and now plays the LPGA. I was asked by Jenny Arseneault, Maria-Jose Uribe, and IK Kim to come to the US womens open in Rhode Island was told I couldnt go and so I quit. There is not one person there that can teach the total package of golf, instruction as well as course management. Take up for who you want I know what the place is like. Good luck, Hugh Royer III

the school must be a joke, obviously that 4.04 gpa didn't involve any spelling or english classes!!! Also, have seen the championsgolf academy. Not even close to what the IJGA involves. Hank Haney is not only there a lot, they also have Peter Krause, 2005 pga teacher of the year that is there every day

What does the IJGA currently have that the Champions Golf Academy does not? Aside from the extra tuition costs.

What does the IJGA currently have that the Champions Golf Academy does not? Aside from the extra tuition costs.

They actually have a junior golf academy, nowhere on the champions site did i see junior golf, just pros and gap year. And seeing as thats the main thing, IJGA wins

• 1 month later...
try the core golf junior academy in orlando at orange county national, www.coregolfacademy.com got sean foley who coaches ames, o'hair and now maham and mclaughlin plus has a great year round junior academy, great school at windermere prep, just a great spot, sent some of my juniors there

I've only heard good things from some people I know who are going there/gone there. The only problem I see out of the students is too much fliping though impact from a wide flat backswing, end on a positive really good short games and great overall school.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been impressed with many of the players that come out of the IJGA. Most are just not strong enough. If you look at their tournament records, most of their events are IJGT events which the school basically runs for its players. A few non-IJGA kids play at each event, but at $395 per entry fee, they omit some of te best players. They play in NC a few times a year and the better local kids typically win. Most kids are switching to the Tarheel Jr Tour run by the TGF non-profit. They play the same courses, have deeper fields ( that include multiple AJGA and Junior World winners) and the entry fees are a fraction of the cost.

IT goes to show that you don't need to pay up in entry fees to play in good , college coach "eye catching" competition. You need to take some time to find the right tour with good courses, good competition and good prices that attracts coaches and you will get a shot. I have an older brother that never played AJGA events and he plays Div. I golf on a 75% scholarship at a school in Florida. Our parents work hard and have 5 kids and not a lo of money to "buy" AJGA entries so we play where we know the best players are because college coaches see us when they come out to look at the better know, richer kids.