GolfLogix Software Won't Download/Save Courses.

UPDATE: Problem Solved!!
I'm using a MAC and have the v3.5 Course Manager software. I haven't had any problems up to this point. However, today I tried to download or save more courses to my course manager. When I hit "Save", I get the message:

"There was an error while saving the course. Make sure there is enough disk space on the hard drive."

Well, I've got plenty of disk space available....177GB to be exact.

Has anyone had this happen? If so, what's the fix?? I've tried reinstalling the software but no luck.

I've just emailed GolfLogix Tech support but I thought maybe I could get a quicker reply here.

Thanks, in advance!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the same problem with my MAC and my Windows XP system. Golflogix hasn't responded to my email.

Hi,

Mine is now working properly..i.e., I'm now able to download/save courses to my Course Manager. Hope this helps you as well!

Here is the reply/solution from GolfLogix Support:

We apologize, but recently due to an issue arising from server upgrades from a third-party company, there may have been some customers who were impacted in there ability to search and load courses. Unfortunately, because of this, it has impacted our call volume and there will be a slight delay. We are diligently attempting to contact every customer that calls and leaves a message. However, the calls will be returned in the order they were received. If you would like, please call our customer service department directly at 1-877-977-0162 option 1. We are open Monday - Friday 7:00AM to 4:00PM PST. If you are unable to hold for a live representative there is an option to leave a message for a call back.

In regards to the issue you are currently experiencing, please complete the following:

1. Visit the below website and select ""Step 2 Download software"" only, follow the on-screen prompts to re-install the new version of the course manager. This version is version 3.5.

http://www.golfgps.com/download.aspx

2. Once you have finished the download and reinstalled the software, please navigate to your ""Documents"" folder.

PC -

XP: Located by clicking on the Start button, and then clicking on ""My Documents.""

Vista: Located by clicking on the Start button, and then clicking on ""Documents.""

Mac -

OS X 10.4+: Located by clicking on the Mac HD or your Finder, and then clicking on the ""Documents"" folder option.

3. Delete the GolfLogix folder located within the Documents folder.

4. After you have deleted the GolfLogix folder, you will then need to open the GolfLogix Course Manager. In order to locate the software, please do the following:

PC - The fastest way to locate this program is to click Start Menu. Then move your mouse over the ""All Programs"" option, in the next sub-window that opens, look for a folder called GolfLogix. When you locate this folder you will see a program named GolfLogix Course Manager, you want to left click that option.

Mac - The fastest way to locate this program is to click Finder menu, located in the bottom left hand corner of your dock, or toolbar. After selecting the finder, select the applications option, a menu will appear with several applications listed. Locate the application labeled ""GolfLogix Course Manager"" and click it.

5. When the GolfLogix program opens it should display, ""Install / Register / Activate"" on the right-hand side. If this is the case, please connect and turn on the GPS device. Then simply reregister the device. If it does not display ""Install / Register / Activate"" on the right-hand side, please complete step 2 and 3.

6. Once you have reregistered the GPS device you will need to contact customer support to obtain a refund of the membership fee.

We sincerely appreciate your patience, and thank you for choosing GolfLogix GPS.

Regards,

GolfLogix Customer Support "

Did you have to cancel your account first. They mention a fee in their response. I reinstalled the software but when I go to reregister my unit I used my existing account info. I still can't save courses.

I reregistered my device and downloaded the courses again. Regarding the fee, I did pay the $29.99 but called up customer service and requested a refund as instructed.

Recieved the unit in April as a present...... downloaded courses without issue. Now the dreaded download error (check disk - too full). Followed directions posted here, paid again, no luck... same error. Sent the president several messages to complain and was told to send him my phone number. Did that.... no call back. Complained via the web site..... no response. Called and left messages... no reply. When it worked it was awesome.... loved it. Now I have $60 sunk into membership fees, and a friend out $400 for AA battery holder, complete with cart holder and padded case. Anyone need a AA battery holder? Yes..... I have become extremely frustrated with the technical issues and lack of support. Going SkyCaddie and not looking back.

Any luck yet? I am on hold with their tech support as I write. This is a very frustrating situation. Played the nicest course in the state of Michigan last weekend and could not download the course. Thankfully the carts had GPS, which I hadn't thought about ahead of time. I really wish they would come up with a patch or at least some better instructions as to how to fix the problem. Regards....... jwalenta

Guys,

I re-read my posts and it seems I left out a big piece of information. When I got in touch with Cust. Service support, they were aware of the problem and they sent me a brand new unit with the firmware already installed. I could have sworn I included that information but I must've been thinking of another post in this forum. I had to send back my old unit (they supplied paid postage).

After receiving the new unit with the firmware already installed, I then followed the instructions they emailed me (the one I posted here).

So, you MUST get in touch with them first. They should send you a NEW UNIT in return for your old unit. THEN, follow the instructions in my earlier post.

I wish you guys the best of luck! I called them twice, both times I waited for about 20 minutes until someone picked up.

noel..... I finally did get through tonight. I have to give an A+ rating to the person that took my call..... granted I was on hold for 30 minutes. Within 20 seconds he told me I have a "bad unit ID" and they would ship me a new one. I was actually stunned to tell you the truth! Of the 7+ attempts I have made to contact them, I guess there is only one thing you can do...... call them and be prepared to wait. Don't leave messages, don't send them e-mails, don't use their website to contact them. Call and wait. I am still a bit apprehensive about how well the new one will work with the download issue, but I will withhold further negative comments until it arrives.

Thanks..... jwalenta

noel..... I finally did get through tonight. I have to give an A+ rating to the person that took my call..... granted I was on hold for 30 minutes. Within 20 seconds he told me I have a "bad unit ID" and they would ship me a new one. I was actually stunned to tell you the truth! Of the 7+ attempts I have made to contact them, I guess there is only one thing you can do...... call them and be prepared to wait. Don't leave messages, don't send them e-mails, don't use their website to contact them. Call and wait. I am still a bit apprehensive about how well the new one will work with the download issue, but I will withhold further negative comments until it arrives.

Thanks..... jwalenta

I'm so glad you FINALLY got thru to their Cust. Service. When I called them, I just put my cell phone on speaker so I wasn't glued to the phone the whole time that I waited for someone to pick up. But, once someone did pick up, their customer service was great.

I've been using (and downloading) my new unit for 3 rounds now. The new unit works great! It took about 4 or 5 business days to get to me via UPS.

To everyone else who has this problem, just as pointed out above, call and WAIT til someone picks up!