Mizuno Junior Discount

Gross ·  
GrossGross Members  137WRX Points: 0Posts: 137
Has anyone else heard of the Mizuno junior "staff" discount? I went in the proshop to discuss some new irons and the pro told me he knows there used to be a junior discount, he called the area rep and the discount came out to be 25% of the retail price on mp60s. Certainly a great deal and thought I would spread the word.
Posted:

Comments

• golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    how do we go about recieving this discount? I would be very interested in getting a deal on some wedges or putter possibly.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • shortputtshortputt Jr. Boomers  79WRX Points: 0Posts: 79
    yeah let me know too in a PM or something.
    Posted:
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    you do realize that if the pro sold you the irons for what he buys them from mizuno its probably 25 or more% off the retail price....just so ya know!
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • thatwasreallypinthatwasreallypin Members  57WRX Points: 0Posts: 57
    par36golfdeercreek wrote on Jul 20 2008, 09:33 PM:
    you do realize that if the pro sold you the irons for what he buys them from titleist its probably 25 or more% off the retail price....just so ya know!

what are you talking about image/black eye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • MatziMatzi Matzi Syracuse, NYMembers  350WRX Points: 110Handicap: 7.6Posts: 350 Greens
    I got a discount off my 57/32 combo set.  Supposedly they were supposed to be 1200 since I got the px shafts in them but they came out to be 619ish
    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5* - Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 74x
    Titleist 915F 15* - Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 84x
    Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi - 3i Mitsubishi Tensei White 90TX
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-7 KBS Tour X
    Mizuno MP-18 MB 8-9 KBS Tour X
    Mizuno T7 46/51/54/58
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey
  • nchladeknchladek Jr. Boomers  115WRX Points: 0Posts: 115
    How do you get this? I turn 18 tomorrow
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • GrossGross Members  137WRX Points: 0Posts: 137
    My pro just told me he remembered such a discount existed and he called the mizuno rep who said it was 25 percent off. I dont know if that changes depending on the product but my mp60s ended up being around 600 bucks after the discount. Try and contact your local mizuno rep and see if the same thing exists by you.
    Posted:
  • 7D2 7D2 Members  739WRX Points: 60Posts: 739 Golden Tee
    Matzi wrote on Jul 21 2008, 01:22 AM:
    I got a discount off my 57/32 combo set. Supposedly they were supposed to be 1200 since I got the px shafts in them but they came out to be 619ish

how?
    Posted:
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members  1784WRX Points: 115Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    Guys wholesale on these irons (what shops pay for them) is generally about 40% off the MSRP. For example, Titleist - wedges are $75, putters are $175, FWs are around 140. The discount is most likely a way to get more juniors into their product. The pro is still making a ~15% profit and more kids will be rocking Mizuno, shops are more than likely getting some form of compensation if they give the discount. No biggie.
    Posted:
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    yeaaa good thing i have a titleist book with all their stuff for this year image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' /> lol so i know how much im getting ripped off... but i mean everything titlesit i bought was highly cheapened....

i got 4-pw and 56 spin milled for 575$ last year mid summer....and this year i got a 52 gap for like 85 or sumthin like that....which is why i said earlier u will get more than 25% off:)
    Posted:
  • 7D2 7D2 Members  739WRX Points: 60Posts: 739 Golden Tee
    par36golfdeercreek wrote on Jul 22 2008, 05:31 PM:
    yeaaa good thing i have a titleist book with all their stuff for this year image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' /> lol so i know how much im getting ripped off... but i mean everything titlesit i bought was highly cheapened....

i got 4-pw and 56 spin milled for 575$ last year mid summer....and this year i got a 52 gap for like 85 or sumthin like that....which is why i said earlier u will get more than 25% off:)

PM me with what you did to do that
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RamblerRambler North CarolinaMembers  1750WRX Points: 112Posts: 1,750 Platinum Tees
    Please PM me with info!!

I'm always looking for a deal image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' />
    Posted:
  • pro11acepro11ace Jr. Boomers  506WRX Points: 0Posts: 506
    Rambler wrote on Jul 22 2008, 11:22 PM:
    Please PM me with info!!

I'm always looking for a deal image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' />

Same here
    Posted:
  • MR MIZUN0MR MIZUN0 Members  564WRX Points: 0Posts: 564
    Could you also PM me too.

Thnaks,

Mr MIZZY
    Posted:
  • golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    Count me in for a PM.
    Posted:
  • GrossGross Members  137WRX Points: 0Posts: 137
    same here
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Junior19Junior19 Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    Me to plz
    Posted:
  • DaCorbsterDaCorbster Jr. Boomers  680WRX Points: 0Posts: 680
    if youre gonna pm everyone i wouldnt mind one too, but it seems it would be easier just to post it up here...
    Posted:
    guys for everyone...like i said earlier i am very close with the head pro....he knew i was tight on money and said hed give me a good deal on the irons...so he did...the only thing that i think you could do is ask whomever you are ordering from for a deal on them....

first they have to have an account with titleist so that they can get the discounted prices on everything....if not tough luck trying to get a discount....and id advise you know whomever you are ordering from pretty well cuz otherwise it will seem pretty rude to say yes ill order irons...but i need a discount
    Posted:
  • trevorcorbelltrevorcorbell Members  69WRX Points: 0Posts: 69
    Hey there honestly if you would like to get all of your golf supplies for close to cost, just get a job at a golf course of a golf shop. I started working at a country club last year about this time, worked my butt off and now I am working in the proshop. With this little promotion my boss/club pro not only lets me order direct from the manufactures for people wanting special orders, but I can order things for myself as long as I pay for them. So that shows what getting a good job and working hard can do for not only getting you new clubs for cheap,but burning that paycheck as soon as you get it.:-)
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.