Local girls HS golf invitational going on 20+ yrs

A-Train ·  
A-TrainA-Train Members  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
Need help w/ ideas to promote and support it locally...
I recently learned that our local girls HS golf invitational was started over 20 years ago.

As a local booster member I'd like to do something to heighten the awareness of it and definitely have some fun!

The local paper's doing a story but when I asked the coach what we could do to support it he said to just come out and watch. The coach is obviously proud of his girls and the event though.

Any ideas on what we could do for the girls to show our community support for them and the event?

By the way, it starts at 9:00 am on a weekday. Come to think of it, perhaps a post round cookout would be nice?

OTHER IDEAS?
Posted:

Comments

• bub72ckbub72ck Members  2481WRX Points: 161Handicap: +1.4Posts: 2,481 Platinum Tees
    A cookout would be a great idea. Plus, like the coach said you could drum up some fans to come out a support the girls.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Diamana S+ 60X
    Taylormade Jetspeed TI 16* Speeder 869 X
    Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron
    Titleist 714 AP2 TT DGX100 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
    SIK Pro Custom
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
    One thing that I always thought was cool when I would go to tournaments was to see who sponsored the event. Having businesses make donations (even if they are small) and placing a sign with their name on it along the main enterance to the course will show everyone just how much the community supports the event/team. As a player, seeing that local community members supported the event, be it with their time/ money/ whatever always made me feel good. I liked the coaches idea of finding people to come out and watch. Players love to have galleries, especially if its people that they know, but aren't necessarily related to.
    Posted:
  • A-TrainA-Train Members  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    Good stuff guys, thanks.

Host Golf Club is providing chow. We're having a big banner made to hang on a large fence near the first hole.

Though the tourney starts on a weekday morning we're trying to get as many folks there as we can to at least greet them before the match and watch them tee off.

Again, thanks for the response! image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':black eye:' />
    Posted:
  • mrbmrb Members  506WRX Points: 0Posts: 506
    Atrain...how about a banner to place either in the center of town, like on the green or in front of town hall. Or, just on the course, but maybe closer to a main road that casual passers-by would see.
    Posted:
  • A-TrainA-Train Members  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    Funny you should say! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

I borrowed a banner from the gymnasium taday, stating our school and it's nickname, and zip-tied it to the fence next to the no 1 tee.

We also gave each girl a large 22x44 golf towel from last Saturdays fundraising scramble.

Should be a great day!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.