Anyone Sporting Adidas Rain Gear?

Picked this up today for $99:

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Golf-Mens-Gore-2-Layer/dp/B00HJ30QY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452634810&sr=8-1&keywords=adidas+Golf+Men%27s+Gore+-+Tex+2-Layer+1%2F2+Zip+Jacket

Anyone have it or another Adidas rain product and care to comment on quality? I don't typically buy anything outside of Puma shirts and Nike pants, so it was a small gamble...but with free returns, I figure it's not a lost cause at all. Not bad for a Gore-Tex jacket!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Gore-Tex two layer jacket and I love it. It's lightweight, fits well, and is truly waterproof. The biggest positives are that the sleeves can be tightened at the wrists with velcro and the bottom of the jacket can be tightened with a wraparound elastic wire which makes the jacket less of a PITA when you're trying to swing a club.

I am 5'8" with a 40" chest and the small fits perfectly.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I have the Gore-Tex two layer jacket and I love it. It's lightweight, fits well, and is truly waterproof. The biggest positives are that the sleeves can be tightened at the wrists with velcro and the bottom of the jacket can be tightened with a wraparound elastic wire which makes the jacket less of a PITA when you're trying to swing a club.

I am 5'8" with a 40" chest and the small fits perfectly.

Awesome. We're almost the exact same size, it seems. Nice to know the fit is good!

Finding things that fit (I think my chest is a little smaller) is so difficult. I loved Puma gear, and then last year they changed their cut and created the "performance fit" which just meant a bigger shirt. Seriously, you can't fool me. Bigger in the shoulders, chest, and sleeves...that's just sizing the shirt up!

I have the full zip two layer jacket and pants that I picked up locally for $99 for the pair. You won't mistake it for Galvin Green or some of the higher end gear but for the money it's pretty nice.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

I am still looking for a decent pair of pants though...I am hesitant to get the matching adidas goretex pants because I've read that they run big...i.e., long and baggy...and I'm not about to go out in public with my pants bunching up around my ankles and a serious case of diaper butt. Unless that make an X-Small, I don't think even the smalls would fit...

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I am still looking for a decent pair of pants though...I am hesitant to get the matching adidas goretex pants because I've read that they run big...i.e., long and baggy...and I'm not about to go out in public with my pants bunching up around my ankles and a serious case of diaper butt. Unless that make an X-Small, I don't think even the smalls would fit...

I heard terrible things about the pant fit. Didn't even bother. Half the time any pants look slim fitting, I discover that definitely isn't the case; even more so for rain gear, it would appear.

I bought a gore-tex one, used it once then sold it. I found it really noisy.

Currently using an Under Armour Storm Tips gore-tex suit. The jury is still out. It's a lot quieter than the Adidas, but I'm not entirely convinced by the fit of the jacket. I also dislike the zips somewhat.

In all likelihood I'll persevere with it until spring, then sell it and go back to a Galvin Green next autumn.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I have the S/S white Gore-text Jacket, i love it. So much and i looking at getting a L/S Jacket for spring and fall golf. As for pants i have a pair of Foot Joy and they are baggier then i like, so i will one day be looking for a new pair.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I have a full zip Goretex Adidas jacket and love it. It is noisy but its is lightweight, doesnt hamper my swing and keeps my comfortable and dry! I have a pair of the Nike rain pants (Id have to look to see the exact ones) and they fit great. They arent baggy, arent too long, zippers at the bottom to get them over your shoes and just plain work. I would recommend them. If you want I can find the "model" pants. Its not their super expensive ones. I only paid like $50 for them.

I've got the 2L GoreTex half zip (same as yours, but in the grey/ blue colorway) and the matching pants in black with blue logos. I'm 5'10" 165, and got the jacket in medium and pants in small. I'm glad I did get the pants a size smaller, as the small fit perfect (I wear pant size 30" waist 32" length). The pants are the perfect length so that the backs of the legs don't drag through the mud, but have enough room to layer and still fit comfortably. I like the double buttons on the waist of the pants, and it's nice that they're plastic (don't ask why, they're just easier to snap in cold weather).

I like that the jacket not only has a drawstring in the waist, but also in the pockets to cinch up the midsection as well, to keep it from being cumbersome. No hood is a bonus as well- I've never been one to pull a hood on and they usually just get in the way in rain gear. Makes me feel claustrophobic. The neck is not too tight when zipped up all the way either, which is a bonus when the wind is blowing.

I played this past fall a few times in 50*-55* weather with some drizzle, and the suit plus my Zero Restriction GoreTex hat made it extremely manageable with some UA compression layers beneath. The suit worked perfect at a unseasonably cold football game this past fall, as well, where there was a chance for rain. The suit is really not overly warm at all on it's own, but with the breathability of the GoreTex and wind blocking it makes a perfect outer layer.

I agree with someone above who posted that the suit is a little noisey, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I consider it the price you pay when playing in the weather this suit is designed for. Completely watertight, and a great outer layer for cold days. I have an UnderArmour rainsuit (non-GoreTex), which works great for warmer days and lighter rain, so I have all the inclimate weather that I'll play in covered.

I got a fantastic deal on the suit (around $200 total for the top and bottom), and the quality is well worth the price I paid. I'm sure that other brands offer just as much quality, but I'm extremely happy with this suit. Perfect function, comfortable, and looks good.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I used to have a ClimaProof rain suit....full zips on sides of legs and micro fleece lined chin and inner collar. Matching jacket and pant in XXL, fit me well and never leaked on me.

Unfortunately, it got "donated" when we moved :-(

So, I recently took a flier on the pants that were field tested by the caddy force @ Bandon Dunes several years ago. They are also XXL...and my waist is 37"...length 33"....these were way too big.

I think the quality of them is amazing!

Every single seam is taped. The pockets are extremely well-placed and designed with a some thought behind them.

I really wish they could have worked for me.

They come with a three-year waterproof warranty and are waterproof to 20,000 mm....that is a WICKED high level of waterproofness!

Here's a link to the article that first piqued my interest in them.

http://www.golf.com/equipment/course-style-adidas-unveils-caddie-tested-really-waterproof-gear

So, for what it is worth...I would say Adidas makes some very solid and reliable rain gear.

However, after doing some more research, I took another gamble and ordered the Trophy Jacket and Trophy Trousers from ProQuip and could not be more pleased with this combo. My initial impression is that they are both going to serve my purposes very well for years to come!

The sizing of the pants is the key...they offer a true variety of waist/inseam combos....I know this has been mentioned on here before, but it really can't be overstated just how helpful this is when it comes to grow ups trying to find rain gear that fits!

(And I'm not saying the type of "fit" Dustin Johnson/Henrik Stenson are sporting in their apparel on the course!)

I know Adidas makes both Gore-Tex and non-Gore-Tex offerings in their rain gear lineup....and there are a lot of people who have VERY strong opinions one way or the other.

I also have an Under Armour Storm3 full zip rain jacket that has been outstanding for me...it is not Gore-Tex, but breathes well and keeps me dry...even after a full round in the pouring rain.

This was part of the reason I went with ProQuip, even though the stuff of their that I bought is NOT Gore-Tex, I figured all those Ryder Cup teams had to have SOME faith in the company.

Whatever you decide, be sure to balance the need to be dry, with the need for breathability. You can stay dry with the yellow Gorton's fisherman bibs and slicker...but you'll swear like a pig and end up clammy and/or cold.

Many of the garments out there today will serve your purpose...Adidas, FJ, U/A, Galvin Green, Sunice, Mizuno, Zero Restriction and ProQuip to name a few!

Best of luck in your search.

• 2 weeks later...