905R* with Fuji 757

Shibumi ·  
ShibumiShibumi Members  317WRX Points: 0Posts: 317
<div class="IPBDescription">Anyone else tried?</div>I've always really liked Titleist products, but since quitting my 983K a couple of years ago, had not liked the recent crop of drivers.<br />
<br />
I'm fairly high-launch, high-spin with my driver, so didn't think I'd get on well with the new 905R. However, I got to hit one the other day (9.5* with stock Speeder stiff), and was getting great carry. Was launching a couple of degrees too high, but was surprised to see no ballooning.<br />
<br />
Long story short, I just ordered a new 905R 8.5* with 757 Stiff from Discount Dan's. I've played the 757 in a couple of drivers and it fits my swing. I figure with the degree lower loft and replacing the stock Speeder with the stiffer tipped 757, should bring my launch and spin down to a manageable level. Thought about going to an "X", but thought a stiff would play like "X" in the full bore-thru head.<br />
<br />
Anybody have any thoughts or experience with this combo?
Posted:

Comments

• bpalmer21bpalmer21 Members  413WRX Points: 0Posts: 413
    I love mine, straightest driver I ever played. <br />
    <br />
    I was surprised however that it wasnt longer than my 983E, I can live with that. I should get back in the gym anyway, seems like I lost 15 yards over the winter.<br />
    <br />
    BP
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.