Airman from Panama City, FL

Hey everyone! Figured my journey should start here. My name is Chris, I'm 26, active duty Air Force stationed in Panama City, FL and originally from Syracuse, NY. I'm just now picking up the sport and over the last few months I've found my life consumed by it! I'm a terrible golfer, but I have a great time and I guess thats really all that matters. I managed to pick up some new clubs over the past 2 weeks and they are the first I've purchased. Still need a putter but so far I've managed to get these clubs for a steal so I'm happy.

Driver

Nike VRS Covert S-flex

3-4 Wood

Cobra Amp Cell S-flex

2-3 Hybrid

Cobra Amp Cell S-flex

4-GW

Cobra Bio Cell Irons S-flex

Well I hope to be an active participant on here, hopefully I can contribute as much as I can take away however the chance of that at my stage in the game is very unlikely!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris welcome to this site, I was stationed at tyndall about five years ago, too bad they closed the course there. It was a good track with the potential to be great, enjoy the game and play bay dunes until you fine tune your game. Try Elgin and hulbert courses as they are good tracks, also sunny hills is a nice track out in the middle of nowhere. Good luck with this game and your AF life.

[quote name='ezputt4a3' timestamp='1401514023' post='9401227']
Chris welcome to this site, I was stationed at tyndall about five years ago, too bad they closed the course there. It was a good track with the potential to be great, enjoy the game and play bay dunes until you fine tune your game. Try Elgin and hulbert courses as they are good tracks, also sunny hills is a nice track out in the middle of nowhere. Good luck with this game and your AF life.
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah I remember it closing down a while back before I started up the sport. I went and played Bay Dunes last weekend actually. It was terrible. You can distinguish the fairway from the rough, I'll never go back. I've done the majority of my learning at Nature Walk Golf Course. Its a mostly Par 3 course with about 5-6 Par 4's. Went there today actually and shot an 81 (par 60 course). Left about 8 par putts on the green for bogey, pretty disappointing. I'll blame it on the greens though because they were in TERRIBLE shape. ;)

[quote name='seniorgolfer1947' timestamp='1401520898' post='9401413']
Greeting Airman, My time in the AF was 1966 to 1970 THANK YOU for serving.
[/quote]

Its always very humbling to get a "thank you for serving" from a prior veteran. The military is a very different military than it was in the 60's, a lot of us have it very easy thanks to prior Airmen such as yourself. So thank you!

[quote name='Riptide' timestamp='1401580757' post='9404353']
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah I remember it closing down a while back before I started up the sport. I went and played Bay Dunes last weekend actually. It was terrible. You can distinguish the fairway from the rough, I'll never go back. I've done the majority of my learning at Nature Walk Golf Course. Its a mostly Par 3 course with about 5-6 Par 4's. Went there today actually and shot an 81 (par 60 course). Left about 8 par putts on the green for bogey, pretty disappointing. I'll blame it on the greens though because they were in TERRIBLE shape. ;)
[/quote]

Kind of disappointed to hear Nature Walk is in bad condition. That's a pretty fun course and cheap. I will be coming down to PCB on July 5. And was looking forward to taking my wife there. Most of the course in the area are too damn expensive.

Cobra F6 w/ Whiteboard
XR16 5 wood
TaylorMade Jetspeed 3, 4, 5 hybrid
Steelhead XR 6-PW
Ping Glide 50* and 55*
Mack Daddy3 58*
Scotty Cameron Monterey

[quote name='PhillyMac' timestamp='1401882503' post='9427619'][quote name='Riptide' timestamp='1401580757' post='9404353']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Kind of disappointed to hear Nature Walk is in bad condition. That's a pretty fun course and cheap. I will be coming down to PCB on July 5. And was looking forward to taking my wife there. Most of the course in the area are too damn expensive.[/quote]

Nature walk is my course of choice based on price ($15 for 18 holes). The greens you get what you pay for.

If you're visiting July 5 you could always try to Panama City Country Club in Lynn Haven. They're a private course but allow non-members to play if they have openings, I've never had a problem playing when I wanted there and their green fees run about $30-$35.

Holiday golf course in PCB is redoing their greens and will be done by June 15th and aren't badly priced either.

I have to agree with you though, being a golfer here isn't cheap :/

[quote name='TJ_Hooker' timestamp='1401892038' post='9428371']Admiring your driver, i'm looking to get the 2.0 tour version soon. I'm new myself to the forums but welcome![/quote]

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about it. I got it because my local shop had it on sale for $99 brand new, and since it was adjustable I went for it. I have a terrible drive though so it's probably just me. I really want a cobra bio cell and now that they're $200 I'm hoping that drives the prices on eBay even lower!