First of all....has anybody ever seen Tiger Woods throw his ball into the crowd after winning?

-Was this the most exciting tournament so far this year? With so many great shots, over the weekend, in my opinion was the best tournament so far this year...

After Tigers speech he said "I am looking forward to coming back again next year" so hopefully that means he is definitely playing next year.

DISCUSS

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Tiger brought his A-game, or B-game for that matter, and he still won, although it was quite tight at the end there. I can't remember Tiger going bogey, bogey on the last two holes of a third day (apart from the Masters) or ever seeing him miss a couple of 4-5 footers (that one for birdie on 12, and that one for bogey on 13) like he did today.

Still, I'm looking forward to watching the Player's next week.

After Tigers speech he said "I am looking forward to coming back again next year" so hopefully that means he is definitely playing next year.

Why wouldn't Tiger play next year? He's played in every single Wachovia Championships except last year because his dad passed away the day before the tournament started. This is obviously the strongest tournament on TOUR with the exception of The Players (which will inevitably be considered a major championship in a few years' time). I think Wachovia will continue to draw an extremely strong field year after year. The course looks amazing on TV, I'm sure it's spectacular in person.

Vapor Pro 9.5° Aldila Tour Green 65 TX
VR Pro Ltd 15º Fubuki Tour 73 X
Idea Pro 18º VS Proto 80 X
Vapor Pro Combo (3-5) Blade (6-PW) C Taper 130 X
RTX 4 Raw 54°/60° DGTI S400
Byron Morgan 006 Stainless

Why wouldn't Tiger play next year? He's played in every single Wachovia Championships except last year because his dad passed away the day before the tournament started. This is obviously the strongest tournament on TOUR with the exception of The Players (which will inevitably be considered a major championship in a few years' time). I think Wachovia will continue to draw an extremely strong field year after year. The course looks amazing on TV, I'm sure it's spectacular in person.

When you say it will inevitably be a major in a few years..I tend to agree..But I think that with 5 majors it will be easier for Tiger to win 18 majors and it will openn a debate as to who really is the greatest ever golfer, and besides, if they make it a major, Jack will never let it down. :friends:

I believe Tiger has missed more Wachovia's than just last year. I also believe he skipped it the first year as he was in Europe for an event. Not sure beyond that.

yes tiger i believe missed the very first wachovia, came to the second, missed last years ,which was the third, and was obviously here this year for the forth showing.

I wouldn't think they would make the Players a major. It would cause quite a debate about major championship records, etc.

Also, if they did make it a major it would really hurt the Wachovia tournament, as we all know most pros do not play the week before a major. I think the PGA tour is very happy with the way things are right now. No reason to complicate matters any more than they already have.

agreed pingman... i am a charlotte native, although only place quail two times, once with my dad and once with my club freinds. i honestly think that in maybe 10 or 15 years this could be a major championship venue, and obviously the only major that comes to mind that i believe it could host would be the pga champ. with the people in charlotte willing to pay w.e the cost is, the course being in such great shape, and they couldve made it harder, although its a great challenge but fun course for the players. the way the players are treated brings a field about as strong as the pga champ. i think if the course gets a bit harder, softer fws next few years and longer rough, we could see something in a decade or so. i may sound crazy but i honsetly think this has a chance.

anyone know the deal with tiger's knee. the commentators said that i had been bothering him for awhile. hope it doesn't affect this weeks players tourney. yes i have seen tiger throw a ball in the water like that, except it wasn't his it was henrick stenson's ball at the tavistock cup. it was quite funny to see a side of him that u dont see. they joked around and then henrick threw tiger's ball in the water at the 18th hole later in the round.

In another thread I wrote that I spent most of Saturday and Sunday camped behind the 7th tee box. Sunday I watched the last 13 groups tee off before moving over to the back. On Sunday the wind blew pretty good left to right and needless to say, there were not many tee shots hit in the fairway.

Quigley and Olazabal both hit 3 woods, but most everyone else hit driver. Phil hit a pretty nasty hook into the creek on the right and nealry half of the guys I watched hit it somewhere close to the fairway bunker/creek.

Almost all of the guys who hit it over there left the tee dejected but quiet. Jerry Kelly tossed his driver over his head towards his caddie and Phil covered his mouth with his hand and mumbled something. Tiger hits his ball over the bunker on the right (and would go on to make eagle) then proceeds to shout "G*d D$mn It" and "Sh*t"

I wasn't too offended because I've said much worse on a golf course, but there were a lot of kids around. Either way I thought it reflected poorly on Tiger especially since all the other players around the lead managed to keep cool.

I wasn't too offended because I've said much worse on a golf course, but there were a lot of kids around. Either way I thought it reflected poorly on Tiger especially since all the other players around the lead managed to keep cool.

It's one of the few, if not the only complaint I have about Tiger. I am a big Tiger fan and think he has been great for the game, but sometimes his behavior leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn't think they would make the Players a major. It would cause quite a debate about major championship records, etc.

Also, if they did make it a major it would really hurt the Wachovia tournament, as we all know most pros do not play the week before a major. I think the PGA tour is very happy with the way things are right now. No reason to complicate matters any more than they already have.

If you think about it, it's really not up to the PGA TOUR. They don't decide what tournaments are majors. It's the media, players, and general public who've designated the Masters, both Opens, and PGA as the four modern major championships. None of those tournaments are affiliated with the PGA TOUR at all, but they're sanctioned by all of the major global tours. That being the case, I would think the PGA TOUR would want The Players to be a major even more because then they have control over their own major championship and get a piece of the pie. In truth, the media have dictated which tournaments are considered majors by the public and the TOUR itself, time will tell whether The Players will be considered the same, but in my opinion that is a very real possibility and i think it will happen sooner than later.

What will be interesting is, if The Players becomes regarded as a major championship, will we just have 5 majors in a season or will one of the weaker majors eventually fizzle in popularity. None of them are weak right now (in fact the PGA Championship, which was considered the weakest major no more than a few years ago, is stronger than ever), but things like that change over time. Consider this: the four major championships that Bobby Jones won do not make up the current grand slam, it has changed in the last 70 years or however long its been. It will probably change again sometime. Just my $.02...

I believe Tiger has missed more Wachovia's than just last year. I also believe he skipped it the first year as he was in Europe for an event. Not sure beyond that.

yes tiger i believe missed the very first wachovia, came to the second, missed last years ,which was the third, and was obviously here this year for the forth showing.

I was wrong, he did miss the first Wachovia in 2003 (won by David Toms). He finished T3 in 2004 when Joey Sindelaar won, T11 in 2005 when Vijay won, skipped last year when Furyk won, and won it this year. So he's played in 3 of 5 and would've played last year had it not been for his father's ailing health. I think the tournament will be a staple on Tiger's schedule for a while.