2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Is Shot Scope ever going to be ready?

Just wondering if any of you that pre-ordered Shot Scope have heard from the company about when you're going to get your unit? I'm very interested in the product, but because it's apparently still not ready for prime-time, I'm beginning to wonder if they're having problems with it.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on pre-order ... just heard from them today ....

----------------

Shot Scope will ship all pre-ordered units by the 14th of May. Unfortunately our custom batteries from China were significantly delayed but we have now received them and final manufacturing has begun. We will send you an email when the units are shipped out.

The Shot Scope team received official confirmation this week from the R & A that Shot Scope is conforming for use in all golf tournaments. So if you are playing in a weekly competition or a Major (we are hoping Shot Scope is used in a major this year!) then you can track your performance! We should also confirm that the USGA and R & A have an agreement so Shot Scope will be conforming for use under USGA tournaments.

----------------

Thanks bsa and ilove for the updates; will be eagerly awaiting your reviews :nyam:

Titleist ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump - just checked the Shot Scope website, and it appears that it still isn't ready.

Just wondering if those of you who pre-ordered have heard anything new about its status?

Titleist ProV1x

Bump - just checked the Shot Scope website, and it appears that it still isn't ready.

Just wondering if those of you who pre-ordered have heard anything new about its status?

Shipped by the 30th of June, is what I have heard. The support site and everything is up and running so there has been definite movement.

Shipped by the 30th of June, is what I have heard. The support site and everything is up and running so there has been definite movement.

I emailed the CEO 3 days ago asking for an update. Impressed to get a reply within 5 minutes. He said they ship on June 30th

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if any of you that pre-ordered Shot Scope have heard from the company about when you're going to get your unit? I'm very interested in the product, but because it's apparently still not ready for prime-time, I'm beginning to wonder if they're having problems with it.

At last! Got mine today. Excited to be able to try it out tomorrow in the Seniors Open at Forfar GC, Angus. (A hidden gem, 12 miles from Carnoustie originally laid out by Old Tom in 1871 and altered by James Braid in 1926. Always a delight to visit.)

At last! Got mine today. Excited to be able to try it out tomorrow in the Seniors Open at Forfar GC, Angus. (A hidden gem, 12 miles from Carnoustie originally laid out by Old Tom in 1871 and altered by James Braid in 1926. Always a delight to visit.)

Mine hasn't arrived yet :( but I am playing at the weekend. Let us know how it goes tomorrow and good luck in the event!!

Mine hasn't arrived yet :( but I am playing at the weekend. Let us know how it goes tomorrow and good luck in the event!!

I'm in NE Scotland. Arrived by Parcel Post this morning. Sure you'll get it tomorrow. And thank you

Was wondering if anyone had received their Shot Scope yet, since some posts above indicated that they were due to be shipped June 30. Glad to hear that some of you are ready to fire them up, and I'm eager to hear how they perform!

Titleist ProV1x

Was wondering if anyone had received their Shot Scope yet, since some posts above indicated that they were due to be shipped June 30. Glad to hear that some of you are ready to fire them up, and I'm eager to hear how they perform!

Set mine up last night and went off to try it out today. I don't wear a watch and I was initially very aware of this thing on my wrist. It's a bit of a lump and I felt a little like an electronially tagged offender. But, it has 5 blue LEDs which flash and that was cool enough to compensate, I thought.

In fact it's light and comfortable and I soon forgot I was wearing it. Switched it on in the car park and it had a GPS fix by the time I was set up.

It's supposed to work in the background and my only task was in relation to the "pincollect" function. When you retrieve the ball from the hole you press buttons 1, 2, 3 or 4 to both mark the pin position and to confirm the number of putts taken. "A successful pincollect button push results in all the LEDs flashing at once."

Two problems with this. Firstly, and of course I'm new to this, I didn't remember pincollect half the time. (When I did remember I was a little worried that my playing companions were becoming mildly agitated as I hung around the hole waiting for my light show.) Secondly, the LEDs didn't always reward my efforts. It might have been me but I suspect the buttons may prove recalcitrant.

Anyway, I played poorly and scored worse but on the positive side I missed only one fairway. On the drive home I thrilled to the knowledge that I had stats to record and the makings of a database which is going to smooth my progression to golfing excellence.

In the event I got a "SyncError" message and "Thank you for your email, I have passed this onto the team. We will look into it immediately and I will report back once we have sorted it."

I hope this is going to have a happy ending.

Thanks for posting early impressions. Let us know if you get your round posted.

About an hour and a quarter after my getting in touch they got back to me as follows:

"Sorry for the delay and the system not working first time - this was totally unexpected.

Our software developers have resolved the upload bug. Please connect your band and upload your performance data.

If there are any further issues please let me know.

Many thanks for your patience as I know this will have been frustrating."

And the problem has been resolved.

First impressions? I need to take a closer look but overall I'm impressed. I don't take many practice swings so I'm not likely to confuse the device that way. I think it picked up every shot I played today bar the putts and with no errors I can quickly spot. Nor did it credit me with shots I did not play.

It uses google maps ,I think, and it had me on turf on a couple of occassions when in fact I was bunkered but I could forgive it that. On this first outing I've found it much more user friendly than Game Golf.

Further, though I don't think this has been an easy launch, I'm impressed that these guys are going all out to make this work. Every time I have been in touch they have been immediately responsive.

Tomorrow, on Shotscope, I get to play my K15 against the XR. Can't wait to get up! The retired life is just one adventure after another

That's great. Were the missed putts the ones where you either forgot or the button press didn't register? (you said recalcitrant, assuming you meant a little stiff, not easy to press?)

I thought they were non-responsive from time to time. I need to go back over it in my mind. It was a poor round over a course I don't know terribly well, so I'm not sure where I erred and where it might have done. Looking at it though, whatever putting issues I may or may not have with it, I am generally impressed.

Thanks for the responses.

Tracking normal shots is pretty easy to do. Everybody and their mother has some electronic tracking system for that.

One of the primary differentiators with ShotScope is the accuracy of putting statistics (which is the hardest part to get right for any electronic shot tracking system). Technically, you need 3 pieces of information:

- location of first putt (on the green)

- location of the hole

- # of putts

Shotscope seems to have the best current system for evaluating those three factors and providing useful/accurate putting stats, which is why I am especially curious about the putting tracking performance.

Tracking normal shots is pretty easy to do. Everybody and their mother has some electronic tracking system for that.

One of the primary differentiators with ShotScope is the accuracy of putting statistics (which is the hardest part to get right for any electronic shot tracking system). Technically, you need 3 pieces of information:

- location of the hole

- # of putts

Shotscope seems to have the best current system for evaluating those three factors and providing useful/accurate putting stats, which is why I am especially curious about the putting tracking performance.

if it works. We'll see.

- location of the hole

- # of putts

if it works. We'll see.

Played on Friday. "Pincollect" works, I've discovered. I'm really impressed in a way I never was with gamegolf.

- location of the hole

- # of putts

if it works. We'll see.

Played on Friday. "Pincollect" works, I've discovered. I'm really impressed in a way I never was with gamegolf.

Hi Shrinkwr4p,

Can you share any pics of the stats? If you don't mind sharing.....thanks sir!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

- location of the hole

- # of putts

if it works. We'll see.

Hi Shrinkwr4p,

Can you share any pics of the stats? If you don't mind sharing.....thanks sir!

I was going to say that I lack the tech skills to do so (and that may be the case). But it's also true that I'm not immediately keen to parade my inadequacies before what is otherwise, and very clearly, a heavy hitting, elite, golfing group. It would be a bit like "You show me yours and I'll show you mine". So, I'll think about it.

I hear ya Shrink.....you can black out your stats.....don't care about you performance either way, just trying to understand which stats are displayed. I wanted this so bad, but with the several delays I ended up buying Arccos. Trying to decide if I should buy the Shotscope and test them head to head.

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

Yeah, I'm also curious, like Trane5, to see the stats displayed. The Shot Scope team hasn't really showed much and I want to see how their 'Shots to Finish' compares to Broadie's Strokes Gained and also a drill down in to stats displayed. You can just right click on the images on your desktop view and save the images. You're the only person that I know who has it and no one else has posted any reviews of the product, nor has Shot Scope broadened their web site or posted any videos to highlight the products' stats keeping features.

You're basically our only avenue at this time to gaining more insight into the product.

I'm currently a 18.7 handicap, btw, so you don't need to be shy around me.

Thanks in advance for anything you might care to post. Glad you're enjoying your retirement.

Yeah, I'm also curious, like Trane5, to see the stats displayed. The Shot Scope team hasn't really showed much and I want to see how their 'Shots to Finish' compares to Broadie's Strokes Gained and also a drill down in to stats displayed. You can just right click on the images on your desktop view and save the images. You're the only person that I know who has it and no one else has posted any reviews of the product, nor has Shot Scope broadened their web site or posted any videos to highlight the products' stats keeping features.

You're basically our only avenue at this time to gaining more insight into the product.

I'm currently a 18.7 handicap, btw, so you don't need to be shy around me.

Thanks in advance for anything you might care to post. Glad you're enjoying your retirement.