2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Hands Up Aussies

AussieGolfPunk

Introduce Yourselves
As my title suggests I am from Australia, Gold Coast region, just wondering how many others are out there.
Why not introduce yourselves so we can get some Aussie Forums going.
I play off 9 but looking to get down low and really work hard on my game over the summer. I have played since I was 10, 23 now and have worked in golf retail and would like to do something career wise in the industry, ideal job would be working in a tour van on PGA Tour. Anyone know anything about getting in to clubmaking, I have looked at the Professional Clubmakers Society website but don't know how I would start in Australia, any help would be appreciated. Would it be a prerequisite to get the handicap down and apply for professional status? You can PM me or just hit me up with a post.
Cheers! :drinks:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AussieGolfPunk,

How are you mate im in Melbourne! Can't really give you any advice on your club making quest.. But all the best. :drinks:

I also play at the Heritage down here!!

Cheers

Dan.

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

AussieGolfPunk,

How are you mate im in Melbourne! Can't really give you any advice on your club making quest.. But all the best.  :drinks:

I also play at the Heritage down here!!

Cheers

Dan.

52273[/snapback]

Hey Dan. Heritage is a pretty good track. I've played there once and I love the par three with the giant rock next to it. I live in Melbourne too, playing off 8, steadily going out until I get my driver under control and get the up and down ratehigher, and am still at school. I'm a member of Kingswood GC and just recently joined Victoria GC as a junior.

Josh

Greetings from the only one in Perth (so far). This site rocks and I enjoy logging on to look at stuff I can only dream about ! My handicap isn't even worth mentioning, but I hope to finally get some lessons after my fellowship exams next year (training as a surgeon). Golf course-wise we have fantastic courses, like The Vines, Araluen, Joondalup & pretty decent public ones too. Equipment-wise we only seem to get stock retail stuff without anything too exotic. One of these days I'm going to pull the trigger on getting some of that beautiful Japan stuff from TSG. I'll be happy to recommend some courses if any of you decide to spend a few days here.

Good golfing!

Hi AussieGolfPunk

My name is Addam smith and I manage a golf shop on the gold coast. I am a registed club maker as well. Where do you play out of? I am at Colonial Golf Club and I may be looking for staff at the shop. Give me a email, I would love to catch up with all the aussie Golfwrx guy's for a great golf day. I am good friend's with vy-blue (jimmy) on this site and he use to work for me (great worker). As far as getting started in clubmaking in Australia I do know the right people to help you to get started. If you contact Troy Domonick at Golf Solution's on racecourse road , Bundall. Tell he that I sent you and he will be able to help you get started, on the Coast he is one of the best Club maker's there is. This guy taught me what I know.

Best wishes

Addam smith

Hi guys

I'm another Aussie playing off 9; I'm currently living in London but moving back to Melbourne early next year. I'd be interested in hearing more about Heritage; I just checked out their website and the course looks fantastic. I planning on taking a few months off when I get back to Oz to do nothing but play golf.

I'd be interested in hearing about which are some the better clubs to join that don't have long waiting lists and a need for at least 5 contacts; as I haven't lived in Oz for some time now. I've been looking at both Sandhurst and Moonah Links. I think the latter will be too far to travel to from the inner suburbs - the same applies for Heritage. Sandhurst looks like less of a hike - if anyone has played there I'd like to hear what they thought of the course and facilities.

----------------------------------

A Brazillian - shaved the hole

Hey Guy's, good to see some aussies out there, one of you i already know, hey JJ, i'm a Sydneysider, not as good a golfer as the rest of you, pretty regular 15 handicapper and only play socially, although after playing for just over 20 yrs i've put an application in to join my local club, which will hopefully will come up for reveue early next year.

I've got a few golfing problems, one is i'm a lefty and the other is i'm a mad collector of Scotty Cameron putters (i've got 7 and looking at #8), divot tools, headcovers etc, can't wait until the new staff bags are released i might have to rob a few banks or mug a couple of kids for their lunch money but i'm really keen to get one (did i say that last bit out loud?) hahahaha.

Keith.

:drinks: Rules!!!!!!!

Hi guys

I'm another Aussie playing off 9; I'm currently living in London but moving back to Melbourne early next year. I'd be interested in hearing more about Heritage; I just checked out their website and the course looks fantastic. I planning on taking a few months off when I get back to Oz to do nothing but play golf.

I'd be interested in hearing about which are some the better clubs to join that don't have long waiting lists and a need for at least 5 contacts; as I haven't lived in Oz for some time now. I've been looking at both Sandhurst and Moonah Links. I think the latter will be too far to travel to from the inner suburbs - the same applies for Heritage. Sandhurst looks like less of a hike - if anyone has played there I'd like to hear what they thought of the course and facilities.

----------------------------------

A Brazillian - shaved the hole

53317[/snapback]

Hi bluprint,

I went thru that delema when I was looking for a private club to join! As I live in the inner city and didnt want to travel to far the Heritage was an easy decision. Not as windy and open as the Sandhurst. And with the second course open late next year the place will be even better.

More then happy to take you out for a round when you return to Melb.

Cheers

Dan.

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

Hey fellas, good to see so many Aussies on the forums. My name is Tim and I'm 19, living in Melbourne. I am playing off 18 at the moment but that will come down as I get back into it over summer, aim to be around 12 which is possible if I play more regularly. I have played The Heritage a few times, I've got a mate with a house just by the 18th tee of the St John course, haven't played the new course though. I like the 16th holes most because that is always our playoff hole, but all the par 3s there are pretty cool! I also play at the Dunes, especially during winter when it has that great deal and is an awesome links course, I'm a uni student so.... I also have a mate whose a member at Riversdale and that is a pretty good track, if a little hilly. For a little touch up to my game I play at Malvern Valley, because its cheap but still has a couple of decent holes, and is also in good knick most of the year. This summer I am going to try and get at least one round in at Moonah Links, I have a mate on the board so I'll have to see what I can organise with him... both courses look awesome though, but I might tackle the Legends Course first.

Also, for all you guys living in Melbourne start watching The Golf Zone, a show all about golf on Channel 31, I know one of the guys producing it, Sam Letorneau and he is a great bloke, plus the show is pretty interesting and the only golf show on free to air TV. He is opening a new training school in the city above Drummond Golf, which also happens to be where I will be working this summer, employee discount = new clubs. You might want to check out if you work in Melbourne because it will be open all day for practice and lessons, I know I will be going for breaks during the day (I'm at Melbourne Uni).

Hey everyone.

My name is brent and live in Mildura Victoria, I do get up to Melbourne a few times a year if anyone wants to have a hit next time im up there let me know.

Im 16 years old and play of 12 but will hopefully be of single figures by the end of summer.

If anyone is planning a trip up the murray river this summer shoot me a pm and we could tee it up.