2017 Summer Memberships - Palm Beach/Martin

QuieTSToRM33

I've been looking into picking up a summer golf membership this year. I'd prefer something all inclusive (greens/carts/practice/etc..).

So far, this is what I've found online and via email with certain clubs.

1. North Palm Beach CC - $995+, includes carts/green fees, range discount. Sun -Thurs anytime. Fri-Sat & Holidays after 11AM. May 1st - Sept 30th. Add OCT for $160.
  2. PGA National - $1250+, includes green fees. Pay cart fees which vary depending on course. Not sure about practice privileges. May 1st - Sept 30th
  3. Eastpointe - $2000+, all inclusive. May 15th - October 15th
  4. Jonathan's Landing - $2000+, all inclusive. May 15th - October 15th
  5. Turtle Creek - $1800+, all inclusive. May 1st - October 31st
  6. Hobe Sound Golf Club - $1800+, all inclusive. No tee times. May 1st - October 15th
  7. Champions Club at Summerfield - $1000, all inclusive, May 1st - October 31st. Pay in/before April, and get April free too.
  8. Wellington National (formerly Binks Forest) - $1800+ for family membership (no single plan), carts are $14/rd. May 15th-Oct 15th.
  9. Indian Spring - $1500+, all inclusive. May 1st - October 1st
  10. Quail Ridge - $1600+, $23/rd cart fee. April 29th - October 30th.
  11. Abacoa - $799+, $25 cart fee, includes warm up bucket of balls. May 1- October 15. Includes 20% off merchandise & 10% off food/beverage.
  12. Ironhorse - 5 months free (May 1-Sept 30 2017) if you pay for next year's membership. (Oct 1 2017 - Sep 30 2018)
  13. Breakers West - $1750+, separate cart fee, May 1st - Sept 30th. Access to both West/Ocean courses. ($1275+ for West only).
  14. Bear Lakes - $2445/$3540+, all-inclusive. May 12 - Oct 31. Includes a one-hour golf lesson, and a $200/400 food credit. Bag/locker included. Limited to first 50 applicants.

Does anyone know of any other clubs that offer summer memberships in Palm Beach and Martin county ?

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 130MSI 70 TX
Taylormade Sim2 3W 15* w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue Stiff
Srixon H65 3H 19* w/ Mizayaki Kaula 7S
Ping i500 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw Milled Grind 50-54-58 
Bettinardi Model 1 Armlock 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making the list, I'm also thinking about trying this out for the summer. How is Jonathan's Landing? I've never actually met anyone that's played there. Also,

Abacoa - $1250, all inclusice. April - October

LTD Pro - Fuji Motore Speeder TS 7.2
M2 5W - Black Tie
TM UDI 2
Mizuno 850F 4-P]
TM EF 52, 56, 60
Bettinardi QB9

I just added Champions Club at Summerfield as well as Abacoa that blah mentioned.

Just played Abacoa over the weekend. Course is great and greens are lightning fast, but fair! Great deal if you can afford it...

Titleist TSR2 9*  

Taylormade BRNR 13.5*

Titleist TSR2 15*

Titleist TSR2 24*

Srixon ZX5 MKII (4-7)

Srixon ZX7 MKII (8-PW)

Bettinardi T-Hive Skull & Bones 54*/58*

LAB Golf DF3 w/ TPT Shaft

Those are great prices, considering everyone has almost doubled their membership fees in the last two years.

Unfortunately, I go back north for the summer.

Turtle Creek and Abacoa are two of my favorites on your list.

You should add Hammock Creek to it. Always a good round there!

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 50R

Ping G430 5W 

Callaway Edge 24* Hybrid R
Mizuno JPX921HM w/Recoil 780S 6-LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
Vice Pro Plus

I'm not sure about Abacoa. Perhaps Blah can fill us in. They don't have any info on their website. I might call tomorrow.

I'm not sure about Abacoa. Perhaps Blah can fill us in. They don't have any info on their website. I might call tomorrow.

I saw it on their Facebook page a few weeks ago and apparently they took it down. Just called and they haven't officially decided on if they're going to do summer memberships this year. Sorry about that.

LTD Pro - Fuji Motore Speeder TS 7.2
M2 5W - Black Tie
TM UDI 2
Mizuno 850F 4-P]
TM EF 52, 56, 60
Bettinardi QB9

The problem with some of these summer memberships is that even after you pay the membership fee they hit you with $25 for the cart fee per round. A lot of courses in the area only charge $25-$35 to play in the Summer so the memeberships don't always make sense.

Half of the ones I posted are all-inclusive, carts and green fees included.

Do you know about anything further south in the Broward area?

I heard Deer Creek is offering some type of summer deal, although most likely not all-inclusive.

I just received info on Wellington National which used to be Binks Forest. $1800 plus tax for a family membership. Cart fee is $14 per round. May 15th through October 15th. They do not have a cheaper membership for singles.

Thanks VinRR, I've added it to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Added details for Indian Spring in Boynton.

Quail Ridge offers summer memberships as well. Not a big fan but just an fyi

Sounds good. I'll try and make contact and then add it to the list once more information is available.

Added Quail Ridge details

Tentatively added Ironhorse ... still waiting to hear back regarding summer package.

I just received an email from Abacoa regarding their summer membership. It is $799+ tax for May 1- October 15. Cart fee is $25 per play and includes a warm up bucket of balls. Includes $20% off merchandise and 10% off food and beverage.

Thanks VinRR .... added to the list.

Heard back from Ironhorse .... not so much a summer membership ... more like an incentive to join.

added Breakers West

i like quail ridge and if i remember correctly they have half a dozen or so clubs you can play at on certain days as part of their reciporical play program. my old man always had a summer membership at a nice private club (for many you must be invited or at least have a sponsor). he always walked after work though so the cart fee never really affected him.

added Breakers West

Breakers West is stupid nice! Lushest fairways I've ever played. Pretty pricey private club though I believe... could be wrong though

Titleist TSR2 9*  

Taylormade BRNR 13.5*

Titleist TSR2 15*

Titleist TSR2 24*

Srixon ZX5 MKII (4-7)

Srixon ZX7 MKII (8-PW)

Bettinardi T-Hive Skull & Bones 54*/58*

LAB Golf DF3 w/ TPT Shaft

Added Bear Lakes information.

Have you made any decisions yet? I am on the fence myself about purchasing a summer membership. I am having trouble justifying it now that I am back in management working a normal schedule. The last 3 years I was a small business owner and had a much more flexible schedule. I was thinking about Indian Spring due to cost and location (I live in Boynton) but I would really have to play there at least 2 times per week. I was thinking about just getting the SFPGA pass and utilizing some of my contacts to get on different prvt clubs. I wish I had a more flexible schedule!!!!

Have you made any decisions yet? I am on the fence myself about purchasing a summer membership. I am having trouble justifying it now that I am back in management working a normal schedule. The last 3 years I was a small business owner and had a much more flexible schedule. I was thinking about Indian Spring due to cost and location (I live in Boynton) but I would really have to play there at least 2 times per week. I was thinking about just getting the SFPGA pass and utilizing some of my contacts to get on different prvt clubs. I wish I had a more flexible schedule!!!!

I'm still on the fence honestly. There's a slight chance that I might take a job in NY so that's weighing into the equation as well.

Thanks for making such a great list!

I was a summer member at Jonathan's Landing at Jupiter last year, it was great and there were three 18 holes to play, well there were summer maintenance going on from time to time but there were always two courses open for play. (The village course close on Monday so I never get to play that because my day-off in summer is Monday; the old trail is close on Thursday in summer) Golf course and driving range are in top condition all the time, the staffs are mostly friendly (those who work outdoor); a few who work indoor are not too friendly, somewhat arrogant, but these factors might not hold true now because I don't know if those staffs are still there this year, however the club pro is very professional and friendly, guess you can't avoid a few bad apples on an apple tree. Note if you wish to join this club as a non-resident member, it costs over 20,000 in initiation fee plus dues. They also have special discount for guests in the summer, I remember there was guest day on every Wednesday, guest pay cart fee only so it was $25+tax, lower than most reciprocal pricing but limited to 6 plays per guest per membership year. (So you can always invite your buddy to play with you)

Another club is not on your list: Jupiter Country Club, a toll brother private golf community has a Greg Norman Designed 18 holes where is just west of Indiantown Road turnpike exit, the club house looks really nice now and there is a resort style pool at the 9th hole turn, cost $1700 + cart fee for family summer membership (I am not sure if they have single or not, Coz' I am always checking on couples') I have friends who play there year round, a few years ago they paid $10000 initiation fee to join as members, (husband and wife) now their yearly dues is around $8000, plus cart fee going out each time.

Also there was a club used to called President Country Club off Palm Beach Lakes Blvd on I-95 exit, now called Banyan Golf Club, under new ownership and may take summer membership, (I don't know about this year 2017, but last year they had summer membership for $1500 plus cart fee for family (husband and wife) They have an Eagle Course which was Robert Trent Jones designed, very challenging very pretty the last time I played it. (That was before the new ownership takes over, I am not sure about the condition now)

Thank you very much for your list, very informative. This time, I decided to join Ironhorse Golf Club not because of the summer membership, it is like a young executive membership they have and I would be able to play all year round, with cart fee included. Even I can't play much in winter months, where my work load was much higher, but it kind of even it out with joining now, it allows me to play 17 months from May 2017 for a reasonable cost and cart fee included.

JW

I've been looking into picking up a summer golf membership this year. I'd prefer something all inclusive (greens/carts/practice/etc..).

1. North Palm Beach CC - $995+, includes carts/green fees, range discount. Sun -Thurs anytime. Fri-Sat & Holidays after 11AM. May 1st - Sept 30th. Add OCT for $160.
  2. PGA National - $1250+, includes green fees. Pay cart fees which vary depending on course. Not sure about practice privileges. May 1st - Sept 30th
  6. Hobe Sound Golf Club - $1800+, all inclusive. No tee times. May 1st - October 15th
  7. Champions Club at Summerfield - $1000, all inclusive, May 1st - October 31st. Pay in/before April, and get April free too.
  8. Wellington National (formerly Binks Forest) - $1800+ for family membership (no single plan), carts are $14/rd. May 15th-Oct 15th.
  11. Abacoa - $799+, $25 cart fee, includes warm up bucket of balls. May 1- October 15. Includes 20% off merchandise & 10% off food/beverage.
  12. Ironhorse - 5 months free (May 1-Sept 30 2017) if you pay for next year's membership. (Oct 1 2017 - Sep 30 2018)
  13. Breakers West - $1750+, separate cart fee, May 1st - Sept 30th. Access to both West/Ocean courses. ($1275+ for West only).
  14. Bear Lakes - $2445/$3540+, all-inclusive. May 12 - Oct 31. Includes a one-hour golf lesson, and a $200/400 food credit. Bag/locker included. Limited to first 50 applicants.

Does anyone know of any other clubs that offer summer memberships in Palm Beach and Martin county ?

Thanks for making such a great list!

I was a summer member at Jonathan's Landing at Jupiter last year, it was great and there were three 18 holes to play, well there were summer maintenance going on from time to time but there were always two courses open for play. (The village course close on Monday so I never get to play that because my day-off in summer is Monday; the old trail is close on Thursday in summer) Golf course and driving range are in top condition all the time, the staffs are mostly friendly (those who work outdoor); a few who work indoor are not too friendly, somewhat arrogant, but these factors might not hold true now because I don't know if those staffs are still there this year, however the club pro is very professional and friendly, guess you can't avoid a few bad apples on an apple tree. Note if you wish to join this club as a non-resident member, it costs over 20,000 in initiation fee plus dues. They also have special discount for guests in the summer, I remember there was guest day on every Wednesday, guest pay cart fee only so it was $25+tax, lower than most reciprocal pricing but limited to 6 plays per guest per membership year. (So you can always invite your buddy to play with you)

Another club is not on your list: Jupiter Country Club, a toll brother private golf community has a Greg Norman Designed 18 holes where is just west of Indiantown Road turnpike exit, the club house looks really nice now and there is a resort style pool at the 9th hole turn, cost $1700 + cart fee for family summer membership (I am not sure if they have single or not, Coz' I am always checking on couples') I have friends who play there year round, a few years ago they paid $10000 initiation fee to join as members, (husband and wife) now their yearly dues is around $8000, plus cart fee going out each time.

Also there was a club used to called President Country Club off Palm Beach Lakes Blvd on I-95 exit, now called Banyan Golf Club, under new ownership and may take summer membership, (I don't know about this year 2017, but last year they had summer membership for $1500 plus cart fee for family (husband and wife) They have an Eagle Course which was Robert Trent Jones designed, very challenging very pretty the last time I played it. (That was before the new ownership takes over, I am not sure about the condition now)

Thank you very much for your list, very informative. This time, I decided to join Ironhorse Golf Club not because of the summer membership, it is like a young executive membership they have and I would be able to play all year round, with cart fee included. Even I can't play much in winter months, where my work load was much higher, but it kind of even it out with joining now, it allows me to play 17 months from May 2017 for a reasonable cost and cart fee included.

JW