4th Hawaii GolfWRX Outing

pitbull808

[quote name='mach 1' post='807736' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:32 PM']Damn, I am still wishing that my girlfriend will call and tell me that they dont want to go tomorrow. I guess I better wish really hard now.

Have fun tomorrow guys, I wish I could be there.[/quote]

Well Bobby..you didn't miss too much. It rained like HECK on us today. Of course Sensei Tadeo gave us even more reasons why he needs to give us 5 a side...especially after his play today! ;) You would have thought it only was raining on the rest of us! But then again....he was the only one with full rain gear. ;) I will definitely have to invest in an umbrella or start packing my Zero Restriction in my car in case of rain. :D

[quote name='RKTL' post='808127' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:59 AM']I really wanted to join you guys at this outing, unfortunately my club's Ace of Aces tournament is the same day. Oh well, maybe I can play in the next outing.

Go Warriors!

Ryan[/quote]

No problem Ryan...WIN the Ace of Ace's!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Reid,

I guess you didn't see be duff my hybrid on 17 or putt my ball in the bunker on 3. Conditions today were pretty awful but lunch was awesome...especially the fried snickers a la mode. Once again the only decent shots were with my chikaras to get up and down from the garbage can. Maybe if I learned to not hit "that looks like a 9 iron" ballooning drives, i could score a little better.

[quote name='da master 808' post='808676' date='Nov 30 2007, 07:11 PM']Hey Reid,

I guess you didn't see be duff my hybrid on 17 or putt my ball in the bunker on 3. Conditions today were pretty awful but lunch was awesome...especially the fried snickers a la mode. Once again the only decent shots were with my chikaras to get up and down from the garbage can. Maybe if I learned to not hit "that looks like a 9 iron" ballooning drives, i could score a little better.[/quote]

;) You've got to be the most humble Pro I've ever met! Okay...yes..I saw the duff...but geesh..you were going for it in two on the Par 5..which you ended up making par on. I too duffed my hybrid...probably worse then you on the same hole. :D Yes..saw the putt in the trap..was wondering about that but damn...wouldn't you know DA MASTER gets it out to a "it's good" range for bogey. Something most of us would have settled with double on. And that driver...yup...what a trajectory but outdriving us by 10-20 yards when there's absolutely ZERO roll is some damn good driving! Almost as good as hitting your 3 wood ten yards past our drivers! :shok: I'd take your score on a sunny day.....in today's rain..that was just awesome! ;)

OH..and yeah..that Fried Snickers...it's da winnahs! I was just thinking a minute ago about that piece that fell off my fork and on the table. I shorted myself one bite! ;)

[quote]OH..and yeah..that Fried Snickers...it's da winnahs! I was just thinking a minute ago about that piece that fell off my fork and on the table. I shorted myself one bite![/quote]

I was thinking the 5 second rule was in effect. I guess you didn't notice me looking at it wondering if you were going to eat it or waste it!

Hey Tony, you are Da Man! I've never seen anyone so gracefully put away a one pound sizzling hamburger steak. When I attempt it I get the gravy all over my shirt. We need to get you on trackman to make sure your fork is approaching at the right angle of attack. Perhaps PING will make a Wrx fork and knife set for Da Man! ;)

[quote name='da master 808' post='808718' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:18 PM'][quote]OH..and yeah..that Fried Snickers...it's da winnahs! I was just thinking a minute ago about that piece that fell off my fork and on the table. I shorted myself one bite![/quote]

I was thinking the 5 second rule was in effect. I guess you didn't notice me looking at it wondering if you were going to eat it or waste it!

Hey Tony, you are Da Man! I've never seen anyone so gracefully put away a one pound sizzling hamburger steak. When I attempt it I get the gravy all over my shirt. We need to get you on trackman to make sure your fork is approaching at the right angle of attack. Perhaps PING will make a Wrx fork and knife set for Da Man! ;)
[/quote]

Hey, Tony doesn't get a skin for that. It's a push because I finished mine too. It was very wet out there and fun despite my score. I still don't know what happened to the 2 pop up 3 woods on 17. I've never put an idiot mark on a club before. Thank god it's so cheap I don't feel bad. And Reid, I still think something's up with the yardages on the Sky Caddie, I don't hit my 7 iron that far.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

[quote name='rok78' post='808728' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:36 PM']And come to think of it, it's only right that Tony finished the one pound hamburger steak, he was putting with one the whole round ;).[/quote]

;) seriously I am :D You know what the SICKEST thing about Tony's putter??? Its seriously making me want to HO one too! ;)

Rick..the skycaddie was hitting the same yardages as your bushnell. I told you....use the cream..stay away from the clear! :shok:

Again...for those in doubt about these GolfWRX outings...we may not play good (all of us except for Da Master) but we sure do have a TON of laughs and we eat VERY good! :shok:

[quote name='mach 1' post='808754' date='Nov 30 2007, 09:49 PM']Fried Snickers ala mode, One pound hamburger steak, Tony with a new putter ;) !!!!! Damn I missed out today.

Joey any word on the driver? Well it does it really matter since I cant play golf any time soon.[/quote]

C'mon Bobby...do I have to teach you everything......just pack golf clubs and clothes in the trunk and tell the GF "Honey..I'm going to a job interview". Get a round in...shower at Carls, do laundry at laundromat and go home!. ;) Then again...I am the divorced guy telling you this. :D

[quote name='pitbull808' post='807717' date='Nov 29 2007, 09:20 PM'][quote name='pm hacker' post='807542' date='Nov 29 2007, 05:53 PM']Yep....after playing a round with "T" on Monday, the Chikara's are the only safe clubs in the bag for now with the exception of his new putter. C'mon, do you think those puppies will come out of anyone's bag once they've played 'em?

Well, I hope y'all have fun at the Outing :wub:[/quote]

LOL..Tony is one of the few guys I've seen other then Joey who actually show how good a Chikara can work if used properly. I may hit one a round but those guys can make the ball hop, skip and jump! I'm not complaining though....I'll take a thud and 5" roll any day. :yes:

We're going to miss you bro! Don't worry though...if my game goes to hell..I'll toss a club for you! :D

By the way...you're also missing the Practice Round for the outing tomorrow with Me, Carl, Rick, Big T and Sir Joey who I heard will be offering a nice 6 a side tomorrow morning! ;)
[/quote]

Carl, as you saw today, your wedges are the only solid keepers in the bag. I played like total crappolla today, but it is always a great time with this motley crew.

[quote name='da master 808' post='808718' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:18 PM'][quote]OH..and yeah..that Fried Snickers...it's da winnahs! I was just thinking a minute ago about that piece that fell off my fork and on the table. I shorted myself one bite![/quote]

[/quote]

:D I managed to eat all of it quite rapidly and neatly. That was a neat trick. The snickers was a winner, as usual. Let me know when my forged and tine balanced fork arrives from WRX! ;)

[quote name='rok78' post='808726' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:34 PM']Hey, Tony doesn't get a skin for that. It's a push because I finished mine too. It was very wet out there and fun despite my score. I still don't know what happened to the 2 pop up 3 woods on 17. I've never put an idiot mark on a club before. Thank god it's so cheap I don't feel bad. And Reid, I still think something's up with the yardages on the Sky Caddie, I don't hit my 7 iron that far.[/quote]

:yes: Yes Rick, you did finish it all. Although after I finished, I did have to wait patiently for you to get the job done. ;)

[quote name='rok78' post='808728' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:36 PM']And come to think of it, it's only right that Tony finished the one pound hamburger steak, he was putting with one the whole round :shok:.[/quote]

Ouch! I did roll it well. Come to think of it, you guys shouldn't get one of these putters. They are horrible and they look sooooo biiiiggg. You don't want to use this putter...especially when you are playing against me.

[quote name='pitbull808' post='808733' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:55 PM']:shok: seriously I am :shok: You know what the SICKEST thing about Tony's putter??? Its seriously making me want to HO one too! :wub:

Rick..the skycaddie was hitting the same yardages as your bushnell. I told you....use the cream..stay away from the clear! :bb2:

Again...for those in doubt about these GolfWRX outings...we may not play good (all of us except for Da Master) but we sure do have a TON of laughs and we eat VERY good! :D[/quote]

You know you want one! :shok:

;) Hey Rick, the next time you talk to Victor Conti, tell him I need some "Flax Seed Oil" too! I want to hit my irons as far as you do! :D

[quote]Hmmmm.....I got the first two parts down. Now the part about the job interview I guess I will tell her that I am interviewing with the head pro at Mililani ok.gif[/quote]

Hey Bobby, I didn't think you were that desperate, but you're hired! Is $1.25/hour and free golf acceptable?

Hey Tony, I see that you gave up on the TFC 129D - X. I guess it wasn't enough shaft for your immense clubhead speed!

[quote name='da master 808' post='809495' date='Dec 1 2007, 05:56 PM'][quote]Hmmmm.....I got the first two parts down. Now the part about the job interview I guess I will tell her that I am interviewing with the head pro at Mililani ok.gif[/quote]

Hey Bobby, I didn't think you were that desperate, but you're hired! Is $1.25/hour and free golf acceptable?

Hey Tony, I see that you gave up on the TFC 129D - X. I guess it wasn't enough shaft for your immense clubhead speed!
[/quote]

Make it $1.75 and I will consider.

[quote name='da master 808' post='809495' date='Dec 1 2007, 05:56 PM']Hey Tony, I see that you gave up on the TFC 129D - X. I guess it wasn't enough shaft for your immense clubhead speed![/quote]

Actually Joey, the TFC 129 D was too much shaft for me. ;) Keep in mind that it was originally intended for someone with a much higher clubhead speed than I possess...YOU! :beach: I went to the Whiteboard due to the lower shaft frequency to accommodate my 87 mph clubhead speed. I also shortened it to what my Ping fitter referred to as the "Ladies' length" of 44.5" instead of the standard 45.75". :drinks:

Hey Hawaii Guys, I don't think it is too late to sign up. I'm giving this a bump because I think these golf outings are a great way of meeting your fellow Ho's. Don't be afraid if you think you're skill level isn't up to par. We all come out to hack it around, talk story and have some great grinds afterwards.

[quote name='da master 808' post='812029' date='Dec 4 2007, 08:08 AM']Hey Hawaii Guys, I don't think it is too late to sign up. I'm giving this a bump because I think these golf outings are a great way of meeting your fellow Ho's. Don't be afraid if you think you're skill level isn't up to par. We all come out to hack it around, talk story and have some great grinds afterwards.[/quote]

Good thinking with the bump Joey. GUYS!!!! I need to confirm the tee times by Friday. After all the people who have run into me and asked when the next outing was, I really thought we'd get more replies of "I'm In!" I realize Christmas is right around the corner but hey..give yourself a break from the hectic shopping scene and come out and play. :drinks:

TWO DAY LEFT guys to get in on the 4th Hawaii Outing. For all the guys listed as "tentative" please post here if you're IN or OUT. Hopefully it will all be IN's.

I hope everyone made it through the rainstorm. I know I woke up this morning to find the rain coming in through my closed louvers and hitting me in the face. Some other guy we all know slept through it. Called me up early this morning and everything I told him was news to him. :drinks:

[quote name='da master 808' post='812029' date='Dec 4 2007, 10:08 AM']Hey Hawaii Guys, I don't think it is too late to sign up. I'm giving this a bump because I think these golf outings are a great way of meeting your fellow Ho's. Don't be afraid if you think you're skill level isn't up to par. We all come out to hack it around, talk story and have some great grinds afterwards.[/quote]

Joey, I'd hop on a plane tomorrow and play.....but I know you watched Carol and me hit our first balls off 10......and I'm sure y'all could do without my 118 strokes.

Not sure if you were in the shop when Carol came back and got me the UH Trion Z.....helping the 'Bows however we can.

Thanks again for letting me demo the Chikaras........

Have fun out there guys!!

Mike

I am not sure how you want to classify me, as I have every intention to be at the outing...but I am leaving for the mainland this weekend and I will be flying back to Hawaii on the morning of the outing. So barring flight delays, overly heavy traffic, and simply passing out due to exhaustion, I will be there. I may need to drive to the course straight from baggage claim ;) but I intend to participate. I may shoot 110, but heck, that's not much worse than my average score anyway. :drinks:

[quote name='alpha_pro' post='814081' date='Dec 5 2007, 10:18 PM']I will definitely let you guys know before the deadline. sad thing is I havent been golfing much at all lately.[/quote]

Dwight..hope to see you there. No worries about not golfing much lately....I'll still ask you for five a side. :partytime2: Seriously though..this isn't for bragging rights. Just a nice way to end the year with a bunch of guys with a great thing in common.

[quote name='Xsfspeed' post='814153' date='Dec 6 2007, 02:41 AM']I am not sure how you want to classify me, as I have every intention to be at the outing...but I am leaving for the mainland this weekend and I will be flying back to Hawaii on the morning of the outing. So barring flight delays, overly heavy traffic, and simply passing out due to exhaustion, I will be there. I may need to drive to the course straight from baggage claim :partytime2: but I intend to participate. I may shoot 110, but heck, that's not much worse than my average score anyway. :russian_roulette:[/quote]

Now that's the spirit I like to see! Tony..just give me a call on the morning, evening..whenever to update yourself. As for 110??? Nope..still doesn't qualify you for giving me less then 5 a side. Especially since you'll have your hamburger steak in your bag! :ok:

Okay..just got the word from Da Master....the IN/OUT has been extended to Dec. 12/WEDNESDAY. If you can join us, please do! Anyone coming and who wants to bring a guest..by all means. We'd love to help get the word out about GolfWRX to more Hawaii guys. :russian_roulette:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. That deadline came and went quick. It was a crazy week. Anyway, it still is not looking good for me and it's hard to commit that far out. If it looks like I can make it, I'll let you know before the 12th. Have fun guys.

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs
TP Mills Custom Soft Tail

[quote name='tracys' post='817383' date='Dec 8 2007, 06:23 PM']Sorry I didn't respond sooner. That deadline came and went quick. It was a crazy week. Anyway, it still is not looking good for me and it's hard to commit that far out. If it looks like I can make it, I'll let you know before the 12th. Have fun guys.[/quote]

I hope you can make it Tracy. I know it's a busy time of the year but from all the "When's the next outing???" questions I was getting everytime I ran into someone from the forum, I had thought everyone wanted another one before the end of the year. Hopefully the weather will agree with us and Mililani will dry out by next Saturday. :russian_roulette:

Yeah. I didn't know anyone before the last outing at Kapolei, but I decided to make the leap and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great chance to see some high end gear, both JDM and domestic (tour issue). OnOff, Miura, Tourstage and G Field/Gauge will all be in attendance. If you haven't played the new Chikara wedges, I am sure you will find someone in your group, if not everyone will have at least on in their bag. Don't worry about the state of your game. No judgements are made, just a fun day out on the course with fellow club hos.