4th Hawaii GolfWRX Outing

pitbull808

[quote name='mach 1' post='821230' date='Dec 11 2007, 07:01 PM']Hey I justed wanted to bump this topic as the deadline is soon. For those of you who are hesitant to come out because you dont know anyone, or you are afraid of playing bad [b]dont worry, just come out and have fun and meet the Hawaii WRX'ers.[/b] Trust me you guys will have a blast.[/quote]

:) Just look at todays round Bobby.....lousy golf but a helluva lot of laughs! Bruddah's....look how far these outings have come already for a few of us. We'd have never met each other if not for GolfWRX and a few of us have now turned those meetings into regular weekly outings. It's really a great way to meet a bunch of golf nuts. We're not out there for bragging rights...heehhee...we all know Da Master is the The Master and Tony is the biggest ho because he comes to the outings with plastic on his clubs. Me...the only question is what putter I'll have in the bag. :welcomeani: No be shame...nobody going make A..I'll top one off the 1st hole to make everyone feel comfortable. :rolleyes:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mach 1' post='821230' date='Dec 12 2007, 12:01 AM']Hey I justed wanted to bump this topic as the deadline is soon. For those of you who are hesitant to come out because you dont know anyone, or you are afraid of playing bad dont worry, just come out and have fun and meet the Hawaii WRX'ers. Trust me you guys will have a blast.[/quote]

It's not that I'm "afraid of playing bad", it's just that I never know how bad I'll be playing on any given day/hole. . .

So, if you guys don't mind and there's still an opening, you can sign me up.

[quote name='tundraguy' post='821718' date='Dec 12 2007, 07:27 AM'][quote name='mach 1' post='821230' date='Dec 12 2007, 12:01 AM']Hey I justed wanted to bump this topic as the deadline is soon. For those of you who are hesitant to come out because you dont know anyone, or you are afraid of playing bad dont worry, just come out and have fun and meet the Hawaii WRX'ers. Trust me you guys will have a blast.[/quote]

It's not that I'm "afraid of playing bad", it's just that I never know how bad I'll be playing on any given day/hole. . .

So, if you guys don't mind and there's still an opening, you can sign me up.
[/quote]

YOU'RE IN! See you on Saturday!

Tee Times...by order of sign up....sort of since Carl's making his own group. :)

2nd Group should have the most fun...considering they get to laugh at shots ahead and behind. :rolleyes:

12:03 TEE TIME
tbc777/Carl
Carls friend
Carls Dad
Mauiatheart/Chad

2nd Group
808golfer/Sean
deptwo808/Ernie
kschang/Kevin
"Snake" Habu/Kevin's Friend
Tundraguy/Keith

3rd Group
pitbull808/Reid
mach1/Bobby
Xsfspeed/Tony...barring flight delays etc...he is IN.
da master 808/Joey

CHANGES MADE...per TBC's request. Also made just in case Tony's running late.

[quote name='rok78' post='826104' date='Dec 15 2007, 07:17 PM']So how'd it go? You must've gotten rained on a bit.[/quote]

Well...I just got home and showered. It felt nice to have a hot shower instead of that darn rain. :) Actually it wasn't too bad out there. I think the town side got it much worse then we did in Mililani. It seemed everytime I put on my raingear, the rain would let up which was twice. It seemed like just quick passing showers but all in all a very nice day out at the course.

Da Master/Joey took home the best score AGAIN :) ...I think that makes four Gwrx outings that he's attended. He didn't like his score..which actually could have been much better if his G10 wasn't falling apart during the round. NO...Carl didn't do the reshaft. :D Joey gave us a chance by hitting 3 woods off the tee on a few holes and letting us barely outdrive him. Nice smooth 72 for him.

Closest to the pins were won by
3rd Hole- Kevin
6th hole- Ernie
12th hole- Reid
16th hole-Chad

Long drive on the 9th hole- Reid who followed it up by duffing his 3 wood then 3 putting for bogey. ;)

Joey won the grand prize giveaway...Gauge Whitlam Proto Putter
Bobby won the 2nd prize- Chikara Designs Shirt
Ernie won the 3rd prize- Chikara Designs Visor
Joey won the 4th prize DTRIC Umbrella
Everyone took home a DTRIC towel
Sheriff T Shirts were also given to a few lucky guys.

All in all, I felt it was a great time. Great food at the course restaurant. I hope to see everyone plus a few new faces next year for the 5th outing! :hi:

OH..and sorry..no pics were taken. Just a little too wet to be taking covers off of bags. Top club used by most in attendance...Chikara Wedge(s). :D

Today, I was the true definition of hack. I played to my true handicap. :D I hit a number of trees, killed a bunch of grass, hit my ball out of the water, hit from several hazards, hit more balls into the water, and to top it all off, I think my longest drive may have been about 200 yards. So basically, it was a good day! :)

Seriously, it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one.

[quote name='Xsfspeed' post='826191' date='Dec 16 2007, 12:10 AM']Today, I was the true definition of hack. I played to my true handicap. ;) I hit a number of trees, killed a bunch of grass, [b]hit my ball out of the water[/b], hit from several hazards, hit more balls into the water, and to top it all off, I think my longest drive may have been about 200 yards. So basically, it was a good day! :)

Seriously, it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one.[/quote]

LOL...Tony...I was wondering if you hit that one out of the edge of the water. I didn't want to hang around and watch after I found it....just in case you pulled a Woody Austin. With the "luck" you were having yesterday, that wasn't an impossibility. :hi:

[quote name='mach 1' post='826213' date='Dec 16 2007, 01:33 AM']Yep I had fun hacking it up too today. The G10 may be going out of the bag soon but I still think its the swing. I think the only thing that I hit solid all day was the ground. [b]The hamburger steak looks mighty good too guys.[/b][/quote]

Bobby BE BRAVE! Joey is a phone call away! Forget the scorn you will get and enjoy the comaraderie of your fellow Hamburger Steak users! :) I will be the first to admit the Cray E One is one heckuva ugly stick..but the darn thing strokes well. Last night after getting home...I was rolling it for about an hour on my putting mat. I tried hitting balls purposely off the toe and heel and was totally impressed how the ball still rolled in the cup. Darn thing really is an impressive stick. :D

Just remembered I did take a couple of pics yesterday so I figured I'd post them.

Here's Chad's/Mauiatheart.... Reggae Chikara...matched his headcovers perfectly......:)

chikararetails007.jpg

Here's the retaill I added to my bag...of course I had to make it a little different looking then everyone else's. :D

chikararetails001.jpg

chikararetails002.jpg

chikararetails004.jpg

chikararetails005.jpg

[quote name='Xsfspeed' post='826191' date='Dec 16 2007, 05:10 AM']Today, I was the true definition of hack. I played to my true handicap. :hi: I hit a number of trees, killed a bunch of grass, hit my ball out of the water, hit from several hazards, hit more balls into the water, and to top it all off, I think my longest drive may have been about 200 yards. So basically, it was a good day! ;)

Seriously, it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one.[/quote]

I was in the trees so much, I was beginning to feel like "Survivorman" from the Discovery Channel. . .
But, it was still a fun day :) .

Just want to thank Joey and Reid for putting everything together :D.

As usual I had a great time hacking it around, having some laughs and stuffing my face with a bunch of great guys.

Reid, thanks for the putter! I'm not worthy of it.

Oh, one final thing...since I didn't win the long drive or any of the greenies, I declare Tony and myself the undisputed winners of cart racing! :) Hey guys, how did our dust taste? :D

[quote name='tundraguy' post='827362' date='Dec 16 2007, 08:49 PM']I was in the trees so much, I was beginning to feel like "Survivorman" from the Discovery Channel. . .
But, it was still a fun day :) .

Just want to thank Joey and Reid for putting everything together :D.[/quote]

You're very welcome and thank you for joining us Keith! :hi:

[quote name='da master 808' post='827394' date='Dec 16 2007, 11:09 PM']As usual I had a great time hacking it around, having some laughs and stuffing my face with a bunch of great guys.

Reid, thanks for the putter! I'm not worthy of it.

Oh, one final thing...since I didn't win the long drive or any of the greenies, I declare Tony and myself the undisputed winners of cart racing! ;) Hey guys, how did our dust taste? :)[/quote]

You're more then worthy of the putter Joey...even though you were sinking some great one's with that Redwood Piper! :D

As for cart racing...no fair using the brown one! :butcher: Plus..you and Tony I believe one the cart golf match at by two holes! We're going to be asking for strokes next time for sure! :bigwhack: