Best option long term

Mevo+ would definitely be up there on the list. But does depend on what matters to you. Decent accuracy and low barrier to entry? As mentioned the r10 is a great option. If more data, to include more accurate data, is what you're going for, the the Mevo+ is likely the winner.

Another consideration could be resale value. Both the R10 and Mevo+ seem to be holding their values well. However, accessibility to reasonably priced LMs seems to have grown by leaps and bounds in recent years. Which has created a market where you can get a lot for very little money. Assuming that trend continues, the value proposition can only grow. 

So if in 2-3 years, there are options in the $500 range that perform every bit as good as a Mevo+, you may be taking a big hit on resale. But at the same time, maybe my hunch is entirely off. As Skytrak units still seem to be holding their value pretty well. And they're tech that's around 10+ years old.

My 2 cents? If you can, hold off for just a bit. There are a handful of new LMs coming to market over the next few months. Particularly would keep an eye on the Swing Caddie SC4 and Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro. The latter seems to be generating a ton of buzz. Namely because it appears it'll rival the likes of GC Quad for spin and spin axis numbers. At the same time, they're locking that data behind a paywall. So you're out another $200 every year. Which if you factor that into resale, you'll never make that money back. And the subscription isn't even transferrable. So the MLM 2 Pro basically depreciates $200 the minute you take it out of the box.

Which is why I think the SC4 may prove to be a huge sleeper. Not only is it priced lower, but none of the data looks to be locked in a subscription. And given that the SC300i is already pretty well regarded for what data it gives you. If the SC4 improves upon that, it could be an outstanding value. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

Mevo+ would definitely be up there on the list. But does depend on what matters to you. Decent accuracy and low barrier to entry? As mentioned the r10 is a great option. If more data, to include more accurate data, is what you're going for, the the Mevo+ is likely the winner.

Another consideration could be resale value. Both the R10 and Mevo+ seem to be holding their values well. However, accessibility to reasonably priced LMs seems to have grown by leaps and bounds in recent years. Which has created a market where you can get a lot for very little money. Assuming that trend continues, the value proposition can only grow. 

So if in 2-3 years, there are options in the $500 range that perform every bit as good as a Mevo+, you may be taking a big hit on resale. But at the same time, maybe my hunch is entirely off. As Skytrak units still seem to be holding their value pretty well. And they're tech that's around 10+ years old.

My 2 cents? If you can, hold off for just a bit. There are a handful of new LMs coming to market over the next few months. Particularly would keep an eye on the Swing Caddie SC4 and Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro. The latter seems to be generating a ton of buzz. Namely because it appears it'll rival the likes of GC Quad for spin and spin axis numbers. At the same time, they're locking that data behind a paywall. So you're out another $200 every year. Which if you factor that into resale, you'll never make that money back. And the subscription isn't even transferrable. So the MLM 2 Pro basically depreciates $200 the minute you take it out of the box.

Which is why I think the SC4 may prove to be a huge sleeper. Not only is it priced lower, but none of the data looks to be locked in a subscription. And given that the SC300i is already pretty well regarded for what data it gives you. If the SC4 improves upon that, it could be an outstanding value. 

Sc4 sounds like a great deal but id wish they put a little more info out like coming summer. Playbetter did a YouTube unboxing of the sc4. Currently building a big shed for sim so I definitely have some time to wait on the new products

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Garydean said:

Is mevo plus the best long solution for launch monitor and occasional sim play since it comes with free e6? 

After weighing as much data as I could, the Mevo+ made the most sense to me--someone who is going to rely on whatever I get to be both a LM and a simulator for junior golfers who are 11 and almost 10, with a 2 yo who will be swinging a club in a couple of years.  That I wouldn't have to pay any monthly fees was one of the things stopping me from going with a Launch Pro, although it would have been nice to have.

After watching all the videos I could comparing Mevo+ vs TM, BLP, R10, and SkyTrak, I was sold that it would be the training tool we needed to get my older kids through HS and my youngest--when he's ready--up and going in USKids locals.  This thing is going to have to last me like 6 years minimum, but it would be great if it lasted much longer.

Having the room in my garage for a Mevo+ was a big factor, and after about six weeks it is performing as expected.  I haven't even tried E6 yet, but the Skills app has been gold.  If I had less room, probably would have went SkyTrak unless I could talk myself (read: my wife) into a BLP.

What pushed me over the edge to buy were the nice sales FlightScope had during the PGA Show, knocking the price down to $1699 (not the 2023 version).  A $50 code knocked it down to $1649.

Previous to this, we had spent a lot of time (and money) going to Big Shots (we are lucky to have one 10 minutes from us) to put in a session per week on their commercial FlightScope units.  I have the kids a lot, and with a two-year-old it was worth it to me to be able to sit on a couch with him while the kids hit (and I was able to at least somewhat digest the numbers they put up).  With the Mevo+ setup in the garage now, not having to leave the house to hit and get feedback from a FlightScope platform unit (after four years we are pretty familiar with how the data spits out) is a major luxury for us.  I mean, it's not perfect (but I don't think it spits out inferior data to the commercial units, it's just not TM) and the kids definitely prefer to hit outside, but for like $1765 shipped to my door it's a major value.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Garydean said:

Sc4 sounds like a great deal but id wish they put a little more info out like coming summer. Playbetter did a YouTube unboxing of the sc4. Currently building a big shed for sim so I definitely have some time to wait on the new products

The thread here someone posted that April is the rough timeline. Since Playbetter already had an unboxing, I'd suspect it's not far off. 

• Like 1