2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

OK Jeff, I read the thread, watched the info.

I'm taking the plunge, and purchasing.

Remember folks training aids only work if you use them repetitively in practice not just once in a blue moon (although that may help).

I've been guilty of this in the past, hoping to 'find' something. Check your fundamentals, incorporate whatever training methods work for you and do exactly that. PRACTICE. (somehow I believe that speech was for me as much as anyone else sitting on the fence of purchasing...lol)

Continue the input everyone.

Thanks!

Ok after alot of time deliberating i decided to give it a go also. I am striking the ball well atm but am struggling with distance a bit because i have little or no lag in my swing. I will order now and let you know the results in a week or so ;)

EDIT/ Just tried to order one but seems there is a problem. Obviously they can be shipped to the UK [Josh has one]. But on the site its saying my postal code is wrong and i need to enter a 'state'.

Sorry to hear that Jeff I am sadly one of the very few that is not getting this aid at the moment.

Practice range tomorrow to think about keeping the pressure on the PBS and directing my arms towards my front foot.

With all the plaudits I'm not throwing the towel in yet - Fingers crossed !

Think about more than keeping pressure on it. Think about creating an immense amount of pressure between the base pad of your index finger and the pbs. Sergio and the like who have a lot of lag have so much pressure in there it is scary. The more you get the more lag you will have. And the more pressure you hold, the better your strike will be. Also direct your PBS or your hands to the aiming point if directing your arms is not working.

hey Jeff, just got my PBS :)

1) i've got some skinny grips (JDM clubs) on 1/2 my iron set and the PBS will fall off if my right hand isnt there. is this ok? worry about it flying off since all ranges here are multi-storied. would like to let my girl try it too and her grips are even smaller.

2) regardless of how 1 grips the club, the position to aim for would be pressure on the 1st (lowest) section of the index finger + perhaps maybe the joint under the knuckle (ala 5 lessons). does the amount of spacing between the right index finger and middle finger matter much?

3) Dont think you need a DVD just yet. a downloadable video would do fine. just as long as the content is easily understood and answers the customers questions/concerns.

All the best for your upcoming meetings with retailers and distributors.

hi

is there a drill using the PBS or some aiming point to fix the following off balance issue?

at the finish of a swing for a righty:

- instead of being on your right toe, you over rotate and it feels like you've twisted yourself into a pretzel and your ankle is going to snap.

- instead of the weight being in the left heel, you have most of you weight on your left toe and you feel as if you're twisting counterclockwise and the angle of your left foot opens up a little more.

thanks in advance

Jack

1) i've got some skinny grips (JDM clubs) on 1/2 my iron set and the PBS will fall off if my right hand isnt there. is this ok? worry about it flying off since all ranges here are multi-storied. would like to let my girl try it too and her grips are even smaller.

2) regardless of how 1 grips the club, the position to aim for would be pressure on the 1st (lowest) section of the index finger + perhaps maybe the joint under the knuckle (ala 5 lessons). does the amount of spacing between the right index finger and middle finger matter much?

3) Dont think you need a DVD just yet. a downloadable video would do fine. just as long as the content is easily understood and answers the customers questions/concerns.

How about taping it in place for use on the driving range ?

Sorry to hear that Jeff I am sadly one of the very few that is not getting this aid at the moment.

Practice range tomorrow to think about keeping the pressure on the PBS and directing my arms towards my front foot.

Instead of doing anything active with the hands, think about LETTING the weight of the club keep moving back on the back swing and feel the build up of pressure between the PBS and your finger as this happens with the club pulling back against your finger/the PBS. As you move into your down swing (possibly even as the club is still moving back) the pressure mounts and will increase as you continue the downswing, you are storing up lag. then just swing through to your finish. You dont have to do any more than that as far as I can tell.

Then without the PBS just try and LET the club do what it needs to to try and replicate that feeling of pressure, it wont be quite as strong but you should feel the grip pushing on the index finger. Again this is lag in your swing and it helps with swing speed, the purity of your strike (go figure) and from my limited experience so far it also helps hit it straighter.

This is excellent for full shots but truely amazing for chipping and pitching.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the support.

For some of my junior golfers and those with smaller grips I will in-lay masking tape along the inside of the notch. A little tape works well thanks for the help hoges11!

Instead of doing anything active with the hands, think about LETTING the weight of the club keep moving back on the back swing and feel the build up of pressure between the PBS and your finger as this happens with the club pulling back against your finger/the PBS. As you move into your down swing (possibly even as the club is still moving back) the pressure mounts and will increase as you continue the downswing, you are storing up lag. then just swing through to your finish. You dont have to do any more than that as far as I can tell.

Then without the PBS just try and LET the club do what it needs to to try and replicate that feeling of pressure, it wont be quite as strong but you should feel the grip pushing on the index finger. Again this is lag in your swing and it helps with swing speed, the purity of your strike (go figure) and from my limited experience so far it also helps hit it straighter.

Hope this helps.

Great description Hoges! I copied and saved for future use. I hope you don't mind if I pass your description on in the future?

Thanks,

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Hope this helps.

Exactly. It's the change in direction of your hands going back to the ball while the weight of your club is still dragging down that causes the pressure. For me initially I had a death grip so I wasn't allowing the club to lag. Once I relaxed my grip I could feel the pressure.

Thanks for well written description, this will help alot of people understand.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

hi

is there a drill using the PBS or some aiming point to fix the following off balance issue?

at the finish of a swing for a righty:

- instead of being on your right toe, you over rotate and it feels like you've twisted yourself into a pretzel and your ankle is going to snap.

- instead of the weight being in the left heel, you have most of you weight on your left toe and you feel as if you're twisting counterclockwise and the angle of your left foot opens up a little more.

thanks in advance

Jack

Sounds like you need to go and check out the SEVAM1 thread above this one. Well worth your time!!!

After getting my PBS, i spent 4 days waiting for the rain to stop. Those 4 days I was swinging it in doors in my garage. In those 4 days my grip went from a weak bottom hand to a more neutral grip. This is something I talked to Jeff on the phone about. So I went to the range today and sure enough the PBS works. My grip felt great, my misses were still straight and I probably picked up some yardage. I couldn't tell how much since the weather was still crappy but the feeling I was having through impact was a quick and effortless feeling. It felt so good I hit the whole bucket with the PBS.

I would recomend the PBS to anyone looking to improve their grip, impact, distance and ball flight.

Thanks Jeff

Titleist TS2 9.5* Diamana White 72
Titleist 913 F-d 13.5* Diamana White 82
Titleist 913 H 18* Diamana White 92
Srixon 785 4-PW Modus 120
Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60
Odyssey 2-ball putter

After getting my PBS, i spent 4 days waiting for the rain to stop. Those 4 days I was swinging it in doors in my garage. In those 4 days my grip went from a weak bottom hand to a more neutral grip. This is something I talked to Jeff on the phone about. So I went to the range today and sure enough the PBS works. My grip felt great, my misses were still straight and I probably picked up some yardage. I couldn't tell how much since the weather was still crappy but the feeling I was having through impact was a quick and effortless feeling. It felt so good I hit the whole bucket with the PBS.

I would recomend the PBS to anyone looking to improve their grip, impact, distance and ball flight.

Thanks Jeff

I would like to say thanks to everyone that has tested the Pure Ball Striker. I am pleased with the results of this training device! The Pure Ball Striker seems to be better than I thought.

Thanks for the support!