2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

got my pbs today! gonna go use it for a bit! Thanks Jeff.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

got my pbs today! gonna go use it for a bit! Thanks Jeff.

Jake,

Keep us post and I am here if you have any questions!

Took it to the golf dome with me this evening for a trial run. Interesting results from just messing around... including a lower ballflight, which was great. I'm sure I am going to have questions later on down the road, but so far so good! Starting to understand what exactly I am supposed to feel.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

Deadpool_25 Jan. 10th, 2009

Jeff,

Got my PBS yesterday morning. I only hit a handful of shots using one. After just a few shots I could tell what I was supposed to be feeling. I like that the PBS is a training aid that doesn't PUT you in the right positions. Rather, it allows you to feel when you are doing the right thing and feel when you aren't. Because of this it allows you to understand how to generate the correct feel on your own. This is better than something that forces you into certain positions and such.

I didn't use the PBS much because day before yesterday I had my first lesson with a TGM instructor and am working on two specific things. I'm glad I have the PBS in my bag though because one of my problems is a bit of clubhead throwaway and the PBS will help with that for sure!

Just found this thread and have tried to follow it, but man, 20 pages is too much to absorb. I will go ahead and order and then try to figure out what I need to know! :rolleyes:

When you get your PBS, just come back and ask questions if you don't understand it right away. Jeff is here all the time, and boneheads like me will jump in and try to help as well.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I have one question for Jeff and others TGMers: I have discover in these links http://www.lynnblakegolf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26202 and http://www.lynnblakegolf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3927 the following info by Lynn Blake and others. I copy it since this forum are not open at first; it needs free registration but the info is quite useful. As you may know according to the TGM there are two types of players: swinger and hitters depeding on the type of motion of the club:

Note: Power Accumulator #1 - the straightening of the right elbow.

PP#1 - the base of the right thumb pressing against the left thumb.

------------------------Copied from that forum:

What causes the right wrist to move to flat?I'm fighting a move to flatten the right wrist.

Blake answer: Improper #3 Pressure Point Pressure causes the Right Wrist to Flatten. Remember, Power flows from its source (the Accumulators) and is applied against the Pressure Points that directly and indirectly drive the Club through Impact. Almost always, the Clubhead Lag (and Acceleration Control) is assigned to the #3 Pressure Point (6-C-2-0). This becomes the Indirect Drive of the Lever Assemblies. All other employed Pressure Points are the Direct Drive.

For Hitters, Power Accumulator #1 (6-b-1-0) drives both the #1 and #3 Pressure Points (6-C-2-C). Therefore, to maintain the Bent Right Wrist, focus through Impact on the Bent Right Arm's Direct Drive against the #1 Pressure Point (6-C-1) -- the heel of the Right Hand against the Left Hand thumb. Keep the Right Forefinger 'easy' on the Club and allow the Clubhead Lag and its Indirect Drive to be accepted by the #3 Pressure Point. When you have learned to properly maintain these Direct and Indirect Drive Pressures, you will have learned to maintain the inert and Bent Right Wrist. And if you don't Feel the heel of your Right Hand Driving against your Left Thumb and your Unstressed and Bent Right Wrist trailing along behind, well...you ain't got it yet.

And how will you know when you've got it? It will sound like a 'war' in your practice area. You'll notice people staring. Maybe even gathering around. Asking you for a tip or two after you've wrapped up. Things like that. Meanwhile, while you're learning, it wouldn't hurt to watch Lee Trevino's Downstroke motion on video tape a few hundred times.

For Swingers, the Indirect Drive of the Clubhead Lag is once again assigned to Pressure Point #3. The Direct Drive is supplied by the Downstroke Right Shoulder Turn (Accumulator #4) and by the Wrist **** (Accumulator #2). Focus on the Start Down Lag Loading (Drag the Butt End of the Club Down Plane per 10-19-C) and the Sequenced Release (Uncock and Roll per 4-D-0) through Impact. Allow the Indirect Drive of the #3 Pressure Point to accept the Lag Loading and the Direct Drive of Centrifugal Force to Power the Clubhead .

I cannot urge strongly enough the benefit of video work in this area. Much of what is done with the video is cosmetic and ineffective. But used properly, it can lead you to Golf's Promised Land. If you can dispassionately watch through Impact your Bending Left Wrist and Flattening Right Wrist -- trust me, that is almost certainly happening -- and determine to correct it, then it can be done. Put your Stroke on video. Try to correct your Motion as I've prescribed. It didn't work, did it? Do another video. No good. Try again. No good. Try again. Closer. More #1 Drive Out Pressure for Hitters. More #2 Throw Out Pressure for Swingers. No good. Try again. Better. Again. A lot better!

I never realized how much pp#1 needs to be pushed all the way through to both arms straight with a frozen bent right wrist

With so much emphasis on PP3, which is the Clubhead, PP1 gets overlooked especially by Swingers that live and die by throw out. Swingers flirt with disaster as PP3 is thrown then rolled by CF.

But PP1- used by Hitters- is the SHAFT. And Hitters hit the ball with the whole club so PP1 is their Boss.

So Swingers need PP1 to move the ‘Hands’ holding the shaft. Without it throwaway gets ugly.

Blake: Pressure Point #1 drives the Left Arm. Pressure Point #3 drives the Club. Both Pressure Points #1 and #3 are the product of Accumulator #1 (the Right Elbow). If only Pressure Point #3 is used in the Hitting Stroke, it drives the entire Primary Lever Assembly (Left Arm and Club) and the Clubhead Lag

I’ve been working so hard on trying to direct PP#3 at my aiming point I have neglected PP#1. After seeing the clip yesterday I hit some balls last night focusing on both pressure points and I was very pleased with the results of being able to keep the right wrist bent into impact. I looked at some old video had done a month ago and notice I was quitting at the ball when trying to use only PP#3. Now my hands are getting ahead of the club head into both arms straight

this a great point and one that should emphasized. you can use pp#3 when hitting, as yoda stated, to both drive and sense clubhead lag, but if it's not properly executed it makes quitting much easier. if you use pp#1 to drive then you have a bent right wrist automatically and can sense lag via pp#3

---------------------------

Sorry for the long post but I think it´s wortwhile a lot. My question: Are these statements true? It seems that for hitters the main pressure point is #1 -not PP#3- because I have understood that it keeps the right wrist bent more easily. Please I am quite interested in your comments. I have noted that if I keep my PP1 by pushing my right hand down it is easier to stop flipping the wrists and thus maintaining a bent right wrist. Thanks in advance for your replies and hope that all this info will be useful for everybody

Sorry for the long post but I think it´s wortwhile a lot. My question: Are these statements true? It seems that for hitters the main pressure point is #1 -not PP#3- because I have understood that it keeps the right wrist bent more easily. Please I am quite interested in your comments. I have noted that if I keep my PP1 by pushing my right hand down it is easier to stop flipping the wrists and thus maintaining a bent right wrist. Thanks in advance for your replies and hope that all this info will be useful for everybody

My opinion, If Lynn Blake says something, LISTEN!

IMHO, PP#3 is instrumental in both hitting and swinging, but felt in different ways. accumulator #1 drives the shaft through PP#3 in hitting. In swinging, the shaft pushes against PP#3 when the club sets at the top, and the shaft keeps putting pressure on #3 PP on the down stroke past follow through.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I received my PBS last week but haven't had a change to get to an indoor range yet. I have been taking full swings (with my 50* wedge) in the house. I'm wondering if what I'm felling is correct. I have been playing golf for a lot of years with about a 8 year layoff in the middle. The biggest issue with my swing seemed to be balance, I would end up hanging back on my right foot killing my power and looking like I'm stepping out of my swing.

Since I have started swinging with the PBS, it seems like I'm staying more connected to the club with a more powerful downswing. I not sure if I'm lagging the club more, but the constant pressure on the PBS forces me to perform a proper weight shift (the feeling that I'm fully finishing my swing). One of my golf buddies would tell me that it looked like I was quitting on my swing (this past season) and I couldn't figure on why. I even tried to forcefully finish my swing and that would turn out terrible. Before the PBS I didn't know what I was doing, in not finishing my swing. Since the PBS (albeit in the House) the feeling of the pressure on the PBS almost makes it a no-brainer to finish the swing. I hope once I get to the indoor range I hit the ball better, we'll see!

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

I received my PBS last week but haven't had a change to get to an indoor range yet. I have been taking full swings (with my 50* wedge) in the house. I'm wondering if what I'm felling is correct. I have been playing golf for a lot of years with about a 8 year layoff in the middle. The biggest issue with my swing seemed to be balance, I would end up hanging back on my right foot killing my power and looking like I'm stepping out of my swing.

Since I have started swinging with the PBS, it seems like I'm staying more connected to the club with a more powerful downswing. I not sure if I'm lagging the club more, but the constant pressure on the PBS forces me to perform a proper weight shift (the feeling that I'm fully finishing my swing). One of my golf buddies would tell me that it looked like I was quitting on my swing (this past season) and I couldn't figure on why. I even tried to forcefully finish my swing and that would turn out terrible. Before the PBS I didn't know what I was doing, in not finishing my swing. Since the PBS (albeit in the House) the feeling of the pressure on the PBS almost makes it a no-brainer to finish the swing. I hope once I get to the indoor range I hit the ball better, we'll see!

andre2you,

Homer Kelley wrote that Lag Pressure is the secret to the golf swing. You are proving him right, thanks to Jeff for helping us find it. Keep up the great work!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

For people having trouble with the PBS, here are a few pointers that have helped me sense the correct feeling. Make sure you hold the club lightly. Death gripping will impair your ability to feel the proper pressure, which took me a few weeks to figure out. In a previous post it showed a picture of the pressure point that you should be feeling, and I would look at that picture and keep in your mind where you should be pressing against the PBS. Most importantly, I would start with short chips and work your way up to full shots. For the first few days of using the PBS I would only hit chips until you get the proper feeling. Good luck.

I have known Jeff for many years. I even remember when he came to Macon and started playing golf at Bowdens Golf Course where his uncle Jim Hickman was the pro at the time. He had some good training over the years as Jim is a very good instructor also. Jeff gave me a PBS earlier during the summer when he was at the course I play at. Told me to give it a try. I used it off and on for a few weeks and started hitting the ball much more solid. To make a long story short the PBS worked for me and during the summer I won the Club Championship at The Club at River Forest shooting 67-67 and 8 shots over 2nd place. Thanks Jeff, Benny

My opinion, If Lynn Blake says something, LISTEN!

Amen, Kevin. For those who haven't seen Lynn Blake's Alignment Golf, I find it very helpful (thanks Jeff).

For people having trouble with the PBS, here are a few pointers that have helped me sense the correct feeling. Make sure you hold the club lightly. Death gripping will impair your ability to feel the proper pressure, which took me a few weeks to figure out. In a previous post it showed a picture of the pressure point that you should be feeling, and I would look at that picture and keep in your mind where you should be pressing against the PBS. Most importantly, I would start with short chips and work your way up to full shots. For the first few days of using the PBS I would only hit chips until you get the proper feeling. Good luck.

I actually had the opposite experience. Today while practicing my chipping I would really focus on the pressure that the I felt in my hands, while using the PBS. The more pressure I would exert in hands the crisper the chips. I'm not advocating a death grip, but I think the PBS is great for allowing me to feel where the pressure in my hands needs to be. I can't say enough good things about it. Thanks Jeff.

i think i'm finally starting to get "it", yeah.

reading the clampett book really helped.

after two days of hitting the ball into the net with a launch monitor, i've noticed my ball flight is lower and the sound and feel is better.

if anything, the pbs really helped with my grip and putting the pressure on the proper places. The KEY for me is to keep a bent right wrist which prevents throwing away my clubhead.

however, doing it this way... is slowly turning me into a hitter where i push with my right towards the aiming point instead of pulling with my left.

i can hit it further pulling with my left but i'm more consistent/straight pushing with my right.

i will continue to work on this and see how it translates on the course.

i haven't gotten it to work with my driver yet, only up to my 5 iron. my driver's launch is too low when usng this method and there is quite a bit of grip pressure, hopefully it's because it's a new thing/feeling for me.

i think i'm finally starting to get "it", yeah.

reading the clampett book really helped.

after two days of hitting the ball into the net with a launch monitor, i've noticed my ball flight is lower and the sound and feel is better.

if anything, the pbs really helped with my grip and putting the pressure on the proper places. The KEY for me is to keep a bent right wrist which prevents throwing away my clubhead.

however, doing it this way... is slowly turning me into a hitter where i push with my right towards the aiming point instead of pulling with my left.

i can hit it further pulling with my left but i'm more consistent/straight pushing with my right.

i will continue to work on this and see how it translates on the course.

i haven't gotten it to work with my driver yet, only up to my 5 iron. my driver's launch is too low when usng this method and there is quite a bit of grip pressure, hopefully it's because it's a new thing/feeling for me.

jacksonlui,

Great update, I'm very happy to hear that you have figured it out! Keeping the right wrist bent is the key for me as well. I find that if I INCREASE the bend in my right wrist as I start the downstroke, it's even easier! Don't tell anybody though, it's our secret. :lol:

jacksonlui, keep plugging, you are doing all the right stuff. Don't worry about the height of the driver yet, you are going to be surprised, once you really get those impact alignments solid, you are going to be able to experiment with small changes in set-up to get that ball flight back up. For now, stay on track, you are doing great!

BTW, loving your terminology. TGM is cool again!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I find that if I INCREASE the bend in my right wrist as I start the downstroke, it's even easier! Don't tell anybody though, it's our secret. :lol:

It seem that you are referring to something like the motorcycle drill:

http://www.mytpi.com/mytpi05/ask/qadetail.asp?xid=306#

TGM don´t recommend to increase the right bent (in theory) . But anyway ... it can be used to compensate the flipping tendency at impact. I haven´t tried yet but I will do in my next range sesion. A friend of mine put his hand in a more than flat position at the top -like the drill suggests- and he is getting a nice draw. So, although the theory is not telling to do it, it it seems to work. I will tell you when I try it.

andre2you,

Homer Kelley wrote that Lag Pressure is the secret to the golf swing. You are proving him right, thanks to Jeff for helping us find it. Keep up the great work!

Kevin

I thought I'd give a quick update on my progress swinging with the PBS.

So far, I have yet to goto to the range but I think I have found the feeling of lag pressure in my swing. For me the feeling of lag pressure is on the pointing finger, where the finger and palm meet (right at the joint). I am finding that if I keep pressure at that point I have lag in my golf swing, if not there is no lag and no feeling of power. I will continue chipping and putting in the house until I can get the the range, this is fun.

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

I find that if I INCREASE the bend in my right wrist as I start the downstroke, it's even easier! Don't tell anybody though, it's our secret. :lol:

It seem that you are referring to something like the motorcycle drill:

http://www.mytpi.com/mytpi05/ask/qadetail.asp?xid=306#

TGM don´t recommend to increase the right bent (in theory) . But anyway ... it can be used to compensate the flipping tendency at impact. I haven´t tried yet but I will do in my next range sesion. A friend of mine put his hand in a more than flat position at the top -like the drill suggests- and he is getting a nice draw. So, although the theory is not telling to do it, it it seems to work. I will tell you when I try it.

This motorcycle drill can be found in TGM under Left Wrist Action as "Standard"

As the bend in the right wrist is concerned there is maximum and minimum.

Great Drill!

I have known Jeff for many years. I even remember when he came to Macon and started playing golf at Bowdens Golf Course where his uncle Jim Hickman was the pro at the time. He had some good training over the years as Jim is a very good instructor also. Jeff gave me a PBS earlier during the summer when he was at the course I play at. Told me to give it a try. I used it off and on for a few weeks and started hitting the ball much more solid. To make a long story short the PBS worked for me and during the summer I won the Club Championship at The Club at River Forest shooting 67-67 and 8 shots over 2nd place. Thanks Jeff, Benny

Benny,

That was along time ago, almost 20 years. Benny you are a player and thanks for the boost! BTW congratulations on the Club Championship this year I had no idea. Well done!

Jim sure did open the door for me in many ways. He is and outstanding instructor and I own him for all he did.

Thanks for the support!

I have one question for Jeff and others TGMers: I have discover in these links http://www.lynnblakegolf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26202 and http://www.lynnblakegolf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3927 the following info by Lynn Blake and others. I copy it since this forum are not open at first; it needs free registration but the info is quite useful. As you may know according to the TGM there are two types of players: swinger and hitters depeding on the type of motion of the club:

Note: Power Accumulator #1 - the straightening of the right elbow.

PP#1 - the base of the right thumb pressing against the left thumb.

------------------------Copied from that forum:

What causes the right wrist to move to flat?I'm fighting a move to flatten the right wrist.

Blake answer: Improper #3 Pressure Point Pressure causes the Right Wrist to Flatten. Remember, Power flows from its source (the Accumulators) and is applied against the Pressure Points that directly and indirectly drive the Club through Impact. Almost always, the Clubhead Lag (and Acceleration Control) is assigned to the #3 Pressure Point (6-C-2-0). This becomes the Indirect Drive of the Lever Assemblies. All other employed Pressure Points are the Direct Drive.

For Hitters, Power Accumulator #1 (6-b-1-0) drives both the #1 and #3 Pressure Points (6-C-2-C). Therefore, to maintain the Bent Right Wrist, focus through Impact on the Bent Right Arm's Direct Drive against the #1 Pressure Point (6-C-1) -- the heel of the Right Hand against the Left Hand thumb. Keep the Right Forefinger 'easy' on the Club and allow the Clubhead Lag and its Indirect Drive to be accepted by the #3 Pressure Point. When you have learned to properly maintain these Direct and Indirect Drive Pressures, you will have learned to maintain the inert and Bent Right Wrist. And if you don't Feel the heel of your Right Hand Driving against your Left Thumb and your Unstressed and Bent Right Wrist trailing along behind, well...you ain't got it yet.

And how will you know when you've got it? It will sound like a 'war' in your practice area. You'll notice people staring. Maybe even gathering around. Asking you for a tip or two after you've wrapped up. Things like that. Meanwhile, while you're learning, it wouldn't hurt to watch Lee Trevino's Downstroke motion on video tape a few hundred times.

For Swingers, the Indirect Drive of the Clubhead Lag is once again assigned to Pressure Point #3. The Direct Drive is supplied by the Downstroke Right Shoulder Turn (Accumulator #4) and by the Wrist **** (Accumulator #2). Focus on the Start Down Lag Loading (Drag the Butt End of the Club Down Plane per 10-19-C) and the Sequenced Release (Uncock and Roll per 4-D-0) through Impact. Allow the Indirect Drive of the #3 Pressure Point to accept the Lag Loading and the Direct Drive of Centrifugal Force to Power the Clubhead .

I cannot urge strongly enough the benefit of video work in this area. Much of what is done with the video is cosmetic and ineffective. But used properly, it can lead you to Golf's Promised Land. If you can dispassionately watch through Impact your Bending Left Wrist and Flattening Right Wrist -- trust me, that is almost certainly happening -- and determine to correct it, then it can be done. Put your Stroke on video. Try to correct your Motion as I've prescribed. It didn't work, did it? Do another video. No good. Try again. No good. Try again. Closer. More #1 Drive Out Pressure for Hitters. More #2 Throw Out Pressure for Swingers. No good. Try again. Better. Again. A lot better!

I never realized how much pp#1 needs to be pushed all the way through to both arms straight with a frozen bent right wrist

With so much emphasis on PP3, which is the Clubhead, PP1 gets overlooked especially by Swingers that live and die by throw out. Swingers flirt with disaster as PP3 is thrown then rolled by CF.

But PP1- used by Hitters- is the SHAFT. And Hitters hit the ball with the whole club so PP1 is their Boss.

So Swingers need PP1 to move the ‘Hands’ holding the shaft. Without it throwaway gets ugly.

Blake: Pressure Point #1 drives the Left Arm. Pressure Point #3 drives the Club. Both Pressure Points #1 and #3 are the product of Accumulator #1 (the Right Elbow). If only Pressure Point #3 is used in the Hitting Stroke, it drives the entire Primary Lever Assembly (Left Arm and Club) and the Clubhead Lag

I’ve been working so hard on trying to direct PP#3 at my aiming point I have neglected PP#1. After seeing the clip yesterday I hit some balls last night focusing on both pressure points and I was very pleased with the results of being able to keep the right wrist bent into impact. I looked at some old video had done a month ago and notice I was quitting at the ball when trying to use only PP#3. Now my hands are getting ahead of the club head into both arms straight

this a great point and one that should emphasized. you can use pp#3 when hitting, as yoda stated, to both drive and sense clubhead lag, but if it's not properly executed it makes quitting much easier. if you use pp#1 to drive then you have a bent right wrist automatically and can sense lag via pp#3

---------------------------

Wow!

Great Stuff!

I am glad I talked about the power package earlier in the thread this is wonderful support information.

I KNOW THIS MAY NOT WORK BUT HAS ANYONE TRIED A DIY PBS.

I MEAN- SOMETHING LIKE PUTTING BLUETACK UNDER YOUR TRIGGER FINGER OR A FAT MARKER PEN.

WOULD THIS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT?

ANYWAY - I AM STILL GONNA GET THE REAL THING.

ROSS

Great idea w/ the marker effect maybe similar but not sure. Consider feel subjective and mechanics objective!

I bought the Kelley book last night on Amazon in order to get a bit more perspective into the whole ordeal while I am sidelined due to the snow and winter weather up here. As they said in GI Joe... knowing is half the battle.

Combine it with my offseason workout plan and the PBS and I should be ready to rock!:)

I bought the Kelley book last night on Amazon in order to get a bit more perspective into the whole ordeal while I am sidelined due to the snow and winter weather up here. As they said in GI Joe... knowing is half the battle.

Combine it with my offseason workout plan and the PBS and I should be ready to rock!:)

Take your time with The Golfing Machine and if you have any questions we are here to help!

andre2you,

Kevin

I thought I'd give a quick update on my progress swinging with the PBS.

So far, I have yet to goto to the range but I think I have found the feeling of lag pressure in my swing. For me the feeling of lag pressure is on the pointing finger, where the finger and palm meet (right at the joint). I am finding that if I keep pressure at that point I have lag in my golf swing, if not there is no lag and no feeling of power. I will continue chipping and putting in the house until I can get the the range, this is fun.

Keep building slowly until you get the chance to get to the range. When get to the range continue to build slowly Chipping Pitching and Total Motion. Keep us posted so we can share in your successes.

I just noticed that a few of the Pure Ball Striker orders that went out this week was shy the instruction manuals. Apologizes for overlooking that important piece of information. However, the instructions can be found at THIS WEBSITE at the bottom left hand corner of the page. Once again I apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused!

I have read all of this thread (I think I might have missed a couple of weeks in the late Nov. timeframe). For the most part this all rings true to my own experience so I placed my order today.

My situation is that I am a 5-6 handicapper with a moderately early release and somewhat weak impact position - shaft pointed at my lead ear rather than lead shoulder at impact.

For some time now I have been personally convinced that I am "wedded" to that impact position - I know how to hit the ball from there and any movement away from that position degrades my ballstriking (at that point) so I revert.

What is really interesting is that when you see my practice swing on video you see very good lag and a pretty darn good impact position. I am hopeful that I can use the PBS as my major feedback mode where I can take my practice swing (and I assume that I will feel good PP3 pressure). Then I'll try to duplicate that when addressing the ball. If that fails then it will be back to the smaller shots, but I can already handle those pretty well (much better lag and impact position). My problem is the full swing.

Has anyone ever taken that specific approach (using it as a bridge between practice and real swings) to the device?

Thanks.

dave

ps. You just wouldn't believe the extremes that I went to in trying "to take my practice swing to the ball". Some, I thought, were quite clever except that they didn't work. I ultimately came away believing that the relationship between my practice swing and real swing is no better than the relationship between Tiger Woods practice swing and my real swing.

I have read all of this thread (I think I might have missed a couple of weeks in the late Nov. timeframe). For the most part this all rings true to my own experience so I placed my order today.

My situation is that I am a 5-6 handicapper with a moderately early release and somewhat weak impact position - shaft pointed at my lead ear rather than lead shoulder at impact.

For some time now I have been personally convinced that I am "wedded" to that impact position - I know how to hit the ball from there and any movement away from that position degrades my ballstriking (at that point) so I revert.

What is really interesting is that when you see my practice swing on video you see very good lag and a pretty darn good impact position. I am hopeful that I can use the PBS as my major feedback mode where I can take my practice swing (and I assume that I will feel good PP3 pressure). Then I'll try to duplicate that when addressing the ball. If that fails then it will be back to the smaller shots, but I can already handle those pretty well (much better lag and impact position). My problem is the full swing.

Has anyone ever taken that specific approach (using it as a bridge between practice and real swings) to the device?

Thanks.

dave

ps. You just wouldn't believe the extremes that I went to in trying "to take my practice swing to the ball". Some, I thought, were quite clever except that they didn't work. I ultimately came away believing that the relationship between my practice swing and real swing is no better than the relationship between Tiger Woods practice swing and my real swing.

Dave,

Thanks for giving the Pure Ball Striker a test run!

When I was testing the very first prototypes I would take dry swings trying to feel the clubhead lag pressure in the #3 Pressure Point/Trigger Finger. Over time it became automatic I would play rounds with the Pure Ball Striker on the club for all strokes from Driver thru Putter. What I learned was my feeling of lag pressure. Many of the guys I taught were amazed at how much more distance I had with the prototype after time I was able to blend the feeling of my stroke without the Pure Ball Striker into my normal swing. This sense was hard to duplicate at first so I used a 32 Ball Drill that can be found here in this thread page 19 or 20.

Many times in a casual round of golf I will take practice swings with the Pure Ball Striker on and blend that feeling into my play swing. If I lose the feel or sense I just grab the Pure Ball Striker out of me pocket and regain the sense/feel of clubhead lag pressure against #3PP before each stroke.

Keep us posted on your results and I hope this is what you were thinking about!