2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

NCJaguar5's WITB

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Gerry and the Pacemakers (you won't remember them as a junior...):

I like it.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

-LBlack and Stekoppite: I ordered the headcovers from the Ogio store (http://www.ogio.com/shop_ogio/product_info.php?cPath=12_21_18&products_id=255). They are $15 for a pack of 3 in red or black, but shipping is another $12 or so. I ended up getting the 6 pack of Ogio towels as well (one is sitting on the bag in the first pic) to justify spending half of my money on shipping :russian_roulette:

-Mat: I'm actually a fan of Gerry and the Pacemakers; I get chills every time I hear "You'll Never Walk Alone." I recently started listening to Chad & Jeremy, and if you're a fan of G&P, you might want to give them a try.

:D

I withdraw my earlier comment, offer an unreserved apology and congratulate you on your retro musical tastes!

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

great looking setup. I am particularly impressed by the srixon 701 tours, I had a chance to hit them a few months ago and thought they are an outstanding iron. (still not kicking the adams out of the bag though :D )

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Pinehurst/Roseman: I hadn't noticed they were in the picture until just now, that's pretty funny. Those are the schools I've gotten into thus far (heard from Wake last Friday, and UNC a week ago); I'm hoping there will be a Northwestern and an Emory hat there come April :rolleyes: (I was actually at the Wake-UNC game last Sunday, it was quite a battle. There is no doubt in my mind they played so well because they want me at their schools ;) ).

One_Putt: I have yet to hit the Adams, but how would you say they compare? I got a ridiculous deal on the Srixons, and they were too good to pass up. I'm especially interested in the hybrids (as you can tell I only carry 13 clubs, and I'm looking for a 2 hybrid)

Mat: I accept your apology fully :lol: I'm always interested in how people react to a teenager liking bands from 30+ years ago; they seem to think I'm some sort of freak!

Emory is an AMAZING school and campus. I played college soccer and we used to play Emory every year. They knocked out my old school in the round of 32 of the NCAA soccer this year in penalty kicks. Great facilities, don't count them out compared to the other two, and good luck in your decision making!

The Adams just feel a tad bit softer to me, and I liked the ball flight a tad better on the adams. I hit it a tad lower with more of a boring trajectory with the adams and black gold combo. A few of the srixons balloned on me. I was hitting them with DG S300, Normally In the S-300 I would have them hardsteped once to get them a tad stiffer, but the black golds play right between S-X so it works out perfect for me. The Hybrids are sweet, I have had the setup for a little over a year now and just realizing their full potential. I was not a hybrid guy at all before this (especially the 23* 4 iron hybrid) But I have come to suck up the shame of hitting a hybrid and no longer fear long 200+ yard par 3's

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Pinehurst: You went to Wesleyan? I have a bunch of friends that went to the game (I used to live in Atlanta), and they said it was really exciting; too far of a drive for me to make. Emory and NW are definitely my first two choices (not necessarily in that order), and then Wake and UNC (but it's subject to change). It'd be difficult to get into NW or Emory, and they are ridiculously expensive so I'd be surprised if I end up at either.

One_Putt: How would you say the trajectory/distance is between your irons and your hybrids? I definitely want something that will replace what would be a 2 iron instead of something that creates too much of a gap from 2 to 3.

The hybrids have a great trajectory on them they do not ballon even for me, very similar to the irons. The best part is I can still bring them in high and soft to stick on the greens better than most guys long irons.

Distance wise I hit my 18* 215-225 and my 23* 190-205 The 18* is a good replacement for the 5wd, 2iron and my 23* replaces the 3-4 irons. I always had a much closer gap in my long irons so the 5* gap in my hybrids works out great for me. I hit my 5 iron 180-185 so gap wise the transition is spot on

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Pinehurst: You went to Wesleyan? I have a bunch of friends that went to the game (I used to live in Atlanta), and they said it was really exciting; too far of a drive for me to make. Emory and NW are definitely my first two choices (not necessarily in that order), and then Wake and UNC (but it's subject to change). It'd be difficult to get into NW or Emory, and they are ridiculously expensive so I'd be surprised if I end up at either.

Yup...graduated in 2000. It was a great NCAA game, I watched it online and Emory really deserved to win so I was not upset at the final in overtime. Emory was around $30,000 when I was in school, so it must be $35-40,000 now right? The cool thing is that the school is DIII but you fly go games and the way you are treated there plus the facilities really make it a DI experience.

• 2 months later...

WITB update: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 2 & 3 (splitting time with the i701 3 iron) and a PL Red in the 905R. I broke 85 for the first time yesterday, with a 5 over 76 at Forsyth Country Club (needless to say this would be a less than average round for a lot of golfers here, but I was pretty proud of myself. I narrowed my stance a little which has allowed me to make a better turn and generate more speed through impact.) And, I decided to attend Chapel Hill next year, so if there are any future/current Tar Heels that want to play a round at Finley, shoot me a PM and we can meet up.

sweet stix. how do you like those irons. i have played blades most of my life but am looking at getting a new set here pretty soon. hows the workability and feel with em. they seem to be very good looking clubs

I love the irons. They aren't as soft as some forgings I've hit, but they are longer than a lot of irons. They are quite workable, but still forgiving enough. They hold up very well to everyday wear and tear, and I think they set up with just enough offset and a thick enough topline to inspire confidence without looking bulky. My only complaint is the stock length is short, especially for me, but that is easily rectified. I would recommend them 100%.