Greenmachine's Golf Bag 2006

It's almost set for the year
Well, after looking through this section religiously for the past few months I decided that I finally contributed to it. I am a high school golfer and currently a 9 handicap. I've been playing for 2 1/2 years and hope to continue to get better. Most of my stuff I've saved for and therefore don't change very often. After finding a large dent in my three wood earlier this season I've decided to buy a new one. That's the only club still not finalized in my bag. So I now present to you my bag for 2006:

Driver:
Cleveland Launcher 460 10.5*
Stock Fujijura Stiff shaft
I've had this driver since it came out a couple years ago. I've tried almost everything that's come out in the past few months and haven't been able to find anything that sounds as good as this club. Because of that the only things that I might consider changing would be that shaft in it. I tend to launch everything higher than I'd like to and playing in the wind that we get during the high school season, it balloons easily into the wind. Something about hitting driver 5 wood on par 4s kind of upsets me.

3 & 5 wood:
Titleist 980F 15* & 19*
Fujikura S Flex
I've had these in the bag the longest of any of my clubs. I love the 5 wod out of the rough. It just seems to cut through anything thick and get up quickly. It's also very workable and is easy for my to get to spin on 210-225 yd par 3s or run to get it on the green for a second shot into par 5s. The dent in the three wood short of irked me, so I'm in the process of trying out soe new ones.

Hybrid:
Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*
Stock S Flex Shaft
This club is my baby. I lay up to 200 yards sometimes duing practice rounds just so that I can hit this club. It Cuts through rough well and is better than hitting a 3 iron off the tee.

Irons:
MacGregor 1025 cm
Rifle Flighted 6.0
The short irons in this set are blades (with a moderate amount of offset) and the long irons are cavity backs. They are a great set of irons. They are really heavy which at times prevents me from hitting the ball very far. I only hit 7 iron 150-155 which is one of the shortest yardages on my team (our #3 hits 7 iron anywhere from 170-185) I don't mind the extra weight b/c in tournaments I tend to get really pumped up and my tempo can leave me momentarily. These clubs help keep me swinging within myself. I could potentially see myself playing these clubs through high school and college (even if I don't play for a college team).

This is a top veiw of the 8 iron.

Here's a top view of the 5 iron.

Sand wedge:
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 53*
This is strong by todays standards for a sand wedge and most would consider it a gap wedge. I love it out of the sand. The thin sole make sit really to hit shots that role out of the bunker which is great b/c I tend to catch bunker shots a little heavy. It makes a great sound at impact and spins really well out of the rough.

Lob Wedge:
Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 60* Low Bounce
I love flop shots and this is a great club to pull them off with. It spins the ball incredibly easily and is perfect for tricky pitch shots from 30 to 60 yds. I was given this as a gift from the pro and proshop manager at my home course.

Putter:
Odyssey white hot 2-ball center shafted

I love putting and I keep coming back to this putter. I also have a Cameron TeI3 Newport, but I still seem to hit the ball on line better with this putter. It will be in the bag for awhile.

Here's the complete bag:

Thanks for looking!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• 2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Discussion and Links to all photos
      Please put any questions or Comments here

General Albums

2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3

WITB Albums

Justin Thomas - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Michael Herrera - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Michael Block - SoCal PGA Section Champ - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Carl Yuan - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Joey Vrzich - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open

Pullout Albums

New Taylor-Made putters - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open

• 3 replies
    • 2023 The American Express - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comment here

General Albums

2023 The American Express - Monday #1
      2023 The American Express - Monday #2

WITB Albums

Justin Lower - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Caleb Surratt - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2023 The American Express

Pullout Albums

New Cameron putter - 2023 The American Express
      Cameron putters - - 2023 The American Express
      New Bettinardi prototype putters - 2023 The American Express
      New L.A.B. Golf LINK.1 putter - 2023 The American Express
      New Evnroll putters - 2023 The American Express
      Jimmy Walker testing the Axis prototype putter - 2023 The American Express
      Cameron CT Baller Boy covers - 2023 The American Express
      Richy Werenski's Cameron Timeless putter - 2023 The American Express
      Graphite Design - CQ 6 & CQ 7 shafts - 2023 The American Express
      Titleist TRS hybrids - 2023 The American Express

• 11 replies
    • In-hand photos of 2023 TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus, Stealth 2, Stealth 2 HD drivers + fairways woods
      Check out our front page launch stories here and here. 

What you need to know: For the first time, carbon is the most prevalent material by volume in a TaylorMade driver, and more carbon equals better performance, says the company. Last year, TaylorMade debuted a 60X Carbon Twist Face. With TaylorMade Stealth 2, engineers are bringing carbon to more of the golf club — and unveiling a new-and-improved Carbon Twist Face in the process. Stealth 2 Plus (low spin, most workable) Stealth 2, and Stealth 2 HD (draw bias, high launch, most forgiving) drivers make up the Stealth 2 family.

Stealth 2 

Stealth 2 Plus

Stealth 2 HD

What you need to know: Breakthrough movable weight technologies and versatile designs are the hallmarks of the 2023 TaylorMade Stealth 2 fairway woods. Stealth 2 Plus is branded as “three fairway woods in one” owing to the unique performance characteristics afforded by the 50-gram sole weight. Stealth 2 features a slightly lower profile 3D carbon crown than Stealth. This moves CG down and away from the toe with more weight in the rear of the club for higher launch and MOI. Ultra-high MOI Stealth 2 HD features an oversized 200cc head and low-profile sole, creating an easy-to-hit, draw-biased club.

Stealth 2 fairway

Stealth 2 Plus fairway

• Thanks
      • 47 replies
    • 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions - Discussion
      Please put any equipment questions or comments here

More albums will be added tomorrow

General Albums

2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions at Kapalua – Tues. Pt. 1

WITB Albums

Jon Rahm mini WITB (w/ new Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond driver and fairway woods) – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Ryan Brehm WITB – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions

Pullout Albums

SuperStroke Limited Edition Hawaii Collection covers and grips – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Collin Morikawa's new TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus driver and 3 wood – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Xander Schauffele's new Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond driver – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Xander Schauffele's Odyssey Toulon "XS Proto" mallet putter – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      New Odyssey White Hot Versa and Tri-Hot 5K putters – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Sungjae Im's Scotty Cameron Tourtype F-5 proto putter (with new SuperStroke Zenergy 1.0 PT grip) – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Scottie Scheffler's new TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus driver and Stealth 2 fairway wood – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions

• Thanks
      • 82 replies
    • 2022 PNC Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here

General Albums

2022 PNC Championship - Thursday
      2022 PNC Championship - Friday #1
      2022 PNC Championship - Friday #2

WITB Albums 

Nelly Korda - WITB - 2022 PNC Championship
      John Daly, II - WITB - 2022 PNC Championship
      Tiger Woods - WITB - 2022 PNC Championship