2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Collo1992's WITB

Thanks everyone for the help and plz comment
I finally figured this out thanks to a few people so i thank them alot.

Here is my bag plz take the time to look and comment.

Driver- Titleist 905T with Aldila NV 65g R flex
DSCF0426.jpg
DSCF0428.jpg
DSCF0429.jpg

3 Wood- Taylormade V Steel 15* with Diamana 63g Mitsubishi Raynor R Shaft Tipped 1"
DSCF0423.jpg
DSCF0424.jpg

3 Hybrid- King Cobra TWS Baffler 20* with Aldila DVS-HL 65g R
DSCF0424.jpg
DSCF0432.jpg

Irons- Mizuno MP-60 3-PW with Project X Flighted 5.5 Shafts
DSCF0415.jpg
DSCF0416.jpg
DSCF0414.jpg
DSCF0412.jpg

Wedges- Taylormade Rac Tp 56* Wedge and Titleist SM 58* wedge
DSCF0417.jpg
DSCF0418.jpg
DSCF0420.jpg

Putter- Ping O-Blade with Lamkin Grip
DSCF0433.jpg
DSCF0434.jpg

Headcovers- DSCF0435.jpg
DSCF0436.jpg
DSCF0437.jpg
DSCF0438.jpg

Complete Bag- Stored in a Bridgestone carry bag - <<< Found on rubbish pile
DSCF0439.jpg
DSCF0440.jpg
DSCF0441.jpg
DSCF0442.jpg
DSCF0443.jpg
DSCF0444.jpg
DSCF0445.jpg
DSCF0446.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice lefty setup. I love the grips in the mizzys.

Titleist TSi3, 9.0*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 75 x stiff;
Titleist TSi2 13.5*/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Black 85 x stiff;
Titleist U505 3 iron/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff:
Cobra Forged Tec 4- PW/ KBS C Taper 120 stiff/ hard stepped once;
Vokey SM9 50*F/TKBS C Taper 120 x stiff;
Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200;
Vokey Custom Grind 58*T/ TT DG Tour Issue s400;
Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro Pro V1

There red new decade golf pride grips but look more orange :-S i got them off ebay for 80 AUS dollars which was a good price. Could of got blue grips which would of suited the mizuno's a bit more but im happy with the way they turned out. although im about to put my Titleist 735.cm's back in the bag. Thanks for all the comments so far.

Well darn; your pic's didn't show up on my computer.

1) Hard to go wrong with Titleist, however there drivers have a small sweet spot. The positive being when you hit the sweet spot, (and you will know it when you do), the ball seems to explode off of the face. The negitive being when you don't hit the sweet spot you don't get quite the distance. Aldila are good shafts, but if you have a high ss they get a little too whippy.

2)V steels are great old fw metals, nothing wrong with them at all and you have a great shaft in it. I can't help but wonder if it is a little stiffer than your Aldila?

3)Cobra TWS baffler, not my favorite hybrid, but still a damn good one. DVS, one of my favorite shafts, very stable and relieable.

4) Again, hard to go wrong with Mizuno, especially the MP 60's, stupid easy to hit. Mizzy and PX shafts go together like peanut butter & jelly IMO; I have 5.0's in mine and they seem to be around a half or more a club in distance compared to my DG's.

5)TM & Titleist both make good wegdes.

6) Putters, IMO, more than any other club in the bad is more a matter of what sets up best to your eye.

You have very good quality equipment, now make them proud to be in your bag, lol. Play well :clapping:

[quote name='78blades' post='2141785' date='Dec 24 2009, 06:41 AM']Well darn; your pic's didn't show up on my computer.

1) Hard to go wrong with Titleist, however there drivers have a small sweet spot. The positive being when you hit the sweet spot, (and you will know it when you do), the ball seems to explode off of the face. The negitive being when you don't hit the sweet spot you don't get quite the distance. Aldila are good shafts, but if you have a high ss they get a little too whippy.

2)V steels are great old fw metals, nothing wrong with them at all and you have a great shaft in it. I can't help but wonder if it is a little stiffer than your Aldila?

3)Cobra TWS baffler, not my favorite hybrid, but still a damn good one. DVS, one of my favorite shafts, very stable and relieable.

4) Again, hard to go wrong with Mizuno, especially the MP 60's, stupid easy to hit. Mizzy and PX shafts go together like peanut butter & jelly IMO; I have 5.0's in mine and they seem to be around a half or more a club in distance compared to my DG's.

5)TM & Titleist both make good wegdes.

6) Putters, IMO, more than any other club in the bad is more a matter of what sets up best to your eye.

You have very good quality equipment, now make them proud to be in your bag, lol. Play well :clapping:[/quote]

78blades, sorry about the photos i dont know why they wont show.

Driver shaft to tell you the truth is an average shaft in my opinion dont like it at all and planning on changing soon.

V steel is a great club that is still finding peoples bags and i can see why and with a shaft like mine in it not much can go wrong all in all its a great club i love this combo. and no suprisingly it isnt to stiff.

Irons are great although my swing speed is a little slow for these shafts im working on swinging harder so only time will tell.

wedges are nothing special but they do there job.

Putter is old and maybe not look like royalty but man it works!!!! wont be going anywhere soon. planning on doing a recon on this beauty so look out for that!!

I must agree the hybrid isn't the best but at the end of the day what works is what works so you game it. I bet 95% of people would rather clubs that work for them instead of clubs that look the part the other 5% are people with no brains.

Understandable about the Aldilah shaft. Many ppl don't like them b/c they are too whippy. Presonally, I like whippy, but not too much. If you have access to a big golf store that have different shafts go and try them. Don't worry about which club head is on the shaft cuz its mostly the shaft you are feeling. Then hit a bunch until you find one that feels good to you. Going on a launch monitor will also work and be more specific.

I was wondering about the PX 5.5. You could aways soft step them. Figure around 2 cycles per minute per step, i.e. 5.5 soft stepped x1 =~5.3, soft stepped x2 ~5.1. If you decide to sell them let me know. FST makes very good shafts, (they make the KBS shafts) for half the price of PX or KBS, however they only come in .370 and to my knowledge Mizuno's are .370. I've read good reports on the pro 115 & 125 series of shafts. And of course there will always be DG's, but spine them before putting them in, it will make a difference.

As you play more you will develope your likes and dislikes, but the most important thing is that your present equipment works for you. (I like Nicket for a hybird cuz some of them were mid weighted).

Yup, I'd rather have really really shinny irons, 1-sw, all blades and big brand name head covers on my other clubs so they look really cool outside of the Pro shop. Heck I'll even push them around the 1st tee on my Sun Mtn cart. Can't hit them at all, but I bought them to look really really cool. And of course I have all the most recent golf attire cuz as Billy Crystal on SNL said years ago, "I'd rather look good than feel good". And if you believe this last paragraph I have 5 bridges I'll sell you here in Portland Or.

[quote name='78blades' post='2141841' date='Dec 24 2009, 08:29 AM']Understandable about the Aldilah shaft. Many ppl don't like them b/c they are too whippy. Presonally, I like whippy, but not too much. If you have access to a big golf store that have different shafts go and try them. Don't worry about which club head is on the shaft cuz its mostly the shaft you are feeling. Then hit a bunch until you find one that feels good to you. Going on a launch monitor will also work and be more specific.

I was wondering about the PX 5.5. You could aways soft step them. Figure around 2 cycles per minute per step, i.e. 5.5 soft stepped x1 =~5.3, soft stepped x2 ~5.1. If you decide to sell them let me know. FST makes very good shafts, (they make the KBS shafts) for half the price of PX or KBS, however they only come in .370 and to my knowledge Mizuno's are .370. I've read good reports on the pro 115 & 125 series of shafts. And of course there will always be DG's, but spine them before putting them in, it will make a difference.

As you play more you will develope your likes and dislikes, but the most important thing is that your present equipment works for you. (I like Nicket for a hybird cuz some of them were mid weighted).

Yup, I'd rather have really really shinny irons, 1-sw, all blades and big brand name head covers on my other clubs so they look really cool outside of the Pro shop. Heck I'll even push them around the 1st tee on my Sun Mtn cart. Can't hit them at all, but I bought them to look really really cool. And of course I have all the most recent golf attire cuz as Billy Crystal on SNL said years ago, "I'd rather look good than feel good". And if you believe this last paragraph I have 5 bridges I'll sell you here in Portland Or.[/quote]

soft stepping them was an option but id rather just practice with what ive got and see what happens. My other irons im refunking atm as you know from my other thread have nippon ns pro 100 shafts which i dont know much about in regards as the kick points or spining. Aldila shafts to me are to heavy and have poor feel but thats a personal opinion. My mizuno's have .355 tips btw.

[quote name='Collo1992' post='2141853' date='Dec 24 2009, 04:42 AM'][quote name='78blades' post='2141841' date='Dec 24 2009, 08:29 AM']Understandable about the Aldilah shaft. Many ppl don't like them b/c they are too whippy. Presonally, I like whippy, but not too much. If you have access to a big golf store that have different shafts go and try them. Don't worry about which club head is on the shaft cuz its mostly the shaft you are feeling. Then hit a bunch until you find one that feels good to you. Going on a launch monitor will also work and be more specific.

Yup, I'd rather have really really shinny irons, 1-sw, all blades and big brand name head covers on my other clubs so they look really cool outside of the Pro shop. Heck I'll even push them around the 1st tee on my Sun Mtn cart. Can't hit them at all, but I bought them to look really really cool. And of course I have all the most recent golf attire cuz as Billy Crystal on SNL said years ago, "I'd rather look good than feel good". And if you believe this last paragraph I have 5 bridges I'll sell you here in Portland Or.[/quote]

soft stepping them was an option but id rather just practice with what ive got and see what happens. My other irons im refunking atm as you know from my other thread have nippon ns pro 100 shafts which i dont know much about in regards as the kick points or spining. Aldila shafts to me are to heavy and have poor feel but thats a personal opinion. My mizuno's have .355 tips btw.
[/quote]

Hmm, are you sure the Mizuno's are .355. I have a mixed set of MP 60 & 32's and they are .370. I've read good things about Nippon. You can always check out their web site.

Never a bad idea to play stuff for awhile before deciding what you want to do with them.

As for stepping what I've found is that the charactoristics of the shaft are held better when hard stepped, but then you have to figure out what you will do for at least a pw shaft. Soft stepping is more versatile and doesn't leave you guessing with the money clubs, in this case a pw and sometimes pw and 9i.

[/quote] Hmm, are you sure the Mizuno's are .355. I have a mixed set of MP 60 & 32's and they are .370. I've read good things about Nippon. You can always check out their web site.

Never a bad idea to play stuff for awhile before deciding what you want to do with them.

As for stepping what I've found is that the charactoristics of the shaft are held better when hard stepped, but then you have to figure out what you will do for at least a pw shaft. Soft stepping is more versatile and doesn't leave you guessing with the money clubs, in this case a pw and sometimes pw and 9i.
[/quote]

yes positive as i purchased shafts online and reshafted my mizunos and they where 355 tip and yes i was concidering soft stepping but then it left me without a 3 iron shaft. Also you said you had a mixed set of 60&32 how did you like that i wouldn't mind trying that combo. Merry christmas also.

its only my 3rd putter but ive had a bash with a scotty thats on the shelf at my course and it feels great but its $450 and my o-blade is about as simple as they get and it never plays up so it just stays in the bag. Although it does look a little trashy so im trying to do a recon on it to make it look respectable im hoping it works out or i might buy a used scotty one day.

Really great bag - and nice to see someone else with a real collage of what works,and not a one-make set-up made to look like something out of a manufacturers advert !!!

When i was a lad 99% of left-handers where told to play right handed so that it would be easier for them to get equipment to suit them,should they ever become a really good player.

Glad you chaps who "Hit it from the right side" dont have them worries nowadays..... :D

Liking the swing video too - and im oh-so-jealous of your weather !!!!!

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

[quote name='sevenfourate' post='2145440' date='Dec 27 2009, 08:03 AM']Really great bag - and nice to see someone else with a real collage of what works,and not a one-make set-up made to look like something out of a manufacturers advert !!!

When i was a lad 99% of left-handers where told to play right handed so that it would be easier for them to get equipment to suit them,should they ever become a really good player.

Glad you chaps who "Hit it from the right side" dont have them worries nowadays..... :D

Liking the swing video too - and im oh-so-jealous of your weather !!!!![/quote]

Thanks sevenfourate

my bag is getting there just a few minor changes coming in the next few weeks. maybe a new set of wedges and a driver shaft depends if i sell any of my old gear. My swing is getting there just a few more things to work on before i let it go for a few months and our weather is lovely i love the fact we have summer over christmas so we can try all our new clubs.