2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Nike One Tour

caseyc1

I was just wondering how the nike one tour compares to the other premium balls out there, I am currently playing the Bridgestone B330 and was going to grab some srixon z star x when they ran out but i got a dozen free nike one tour so i am going to throw them in the bag and try them out. Are they as good as the B330 and Pro V1's?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pleasantly surprised by the Nike One Tour. I bought 3 dozen at Sam's Club in the $12.91 / dozen deal. I figured if I didn't like them I could always sell or give them away.

I played 18 holes Saturday with it. My ball of choice is the TM TP Red LDP followed by the Srixon Z Star. I feel like the Nike compares quite well with both of these balls in most areas. I do think the TM ball performs better in the wind than the other two.

Distance - very similar, although I think the TM is slightly longer.

Feel - TM feels best off the putter followed by Srixon and Nike. Don't get me wrong, the Nike isn't BAD feeling off the putter, just a bit more of a click.

Durability - the Nike held up very well. I played 17 holes with the same ball before hitting a wayward tee shot on #18 into the lake. DAMMIT! :rolleyes: After 17 holes with some full short iron and wedge shots the Nike wasn't torn up. I'd say it is as durable as the other two I play.

Bottom line is that I could easily play this ball on a regular basis, especially at $12.91 / dozen. :D Would I choose it if the TM, Srixon and Nike are all priced the same? No, but it's definitely a great golf ball.

Kevin

Agreed with Tpariff, haven't really liked Nike balls in the past but picked up two dozen during the 2/$60 promo, figuring I could just return one later if I didn't like it. Couldn't find any dirt cheap at the Sam's Club near me though, but at that price I would play that ball over any other ball on the market. It is an extremely durable premium ball, I have had one that has made it 27 holes now including a few closeups with cart paths and trees.

It does feel a little clicky off the putter and doesn't quite give me the spin around the greens as the ProV1 or TP Penta that I have dabbled with/played in the past but as far as a overall premium ball goes, it is definitely up there for me.

I bought the single sleeves from GolfSmith at the beginning of the year of Bridgestone B330-RXS, Srixon Z-Star, Taylormade Penta TP and then a dozen Prov1's (2009) and 2 dozen Nike One Tours. After rotating balls and basically blindly picking one out of my bag to test, after 7 or so rounds the One Tour has held up the best for me. I also forgot to mention that they performed very well in the wind for me as well.

I am a big fan of the One Tour. Like others I, was looking for a TP Red replacement and I think I am happier with the One Tour; great distance, great control around the greens, I like the feel off of my putter, and I think it is just as good in the wind as the red. It seems to be fairly durable also, though I don't have a lot of experience with other brands as I have only played the red and one tour for the last several years. I have been messing around with the yellow Z Star and the jury is still out, I really don't think it is going to kick the one tour out of my bag.

I'm in the 115-120 range and haven't noticed any loss in distance with this ball. However, like I mentioned in my last post, I have been loyal to the one tour since I stopped playing the TP Red so I don't have much experience with other golf balls.

I might be high, but I think I remember a post with golf ball compression data and the one tour was at the higher end of the compression scales (for a four piece ball) and players with faster swing speeds would get more performance out of it...again, I could be mistaken.

EDIT: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/368274-2010-compression-data/"]HERE[/url] is the discussion with the compression data.

[quote name='TourBound3617' date='06 May 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1273196951' post='2426198']
Is it true that this ball is the spinniest ball out there?
[/quote]

I didn't find it to spin significantly more than other comparable tour level balls such as TP Red LDP, Z Star, Pro v1, etc.

I don't know what robotic testing with a launch monitor would show. If it spun significantly more than the TP Red LDP or Z Star then I wouldn't play it.

The TP Red doesn't spin very much at all. All full wedge shots, it drop and stop. On partial, they almost always run out.

Nike One Tour spins on par with the V1x/V1. Full wedge shots will almost always check right away and spin a couple feet back. Partial shots will hop and check.

The TP Red is closer to the Nike One Tour D, both have distance as priority.

I played a sleeve of this this year and I thought it was a good premium ball, but would I spend $40 a dozen to play them...no. Actually I think the best ball Nike has ever produced was the Nike One Black 1st generation. This was a great ball! Low spin off the driver, distance was long, cut through the wind, spun very nice into the greens and when chipping, and felt good off the putter. The two things I liked best about this ball was that it was very durable and played in the wind very well.

My ball of choice is the Titleist Pro V1x, but I use the Nike One Vapor to play normal rounds with because of the cost. $45 a dozen is insane for golf balls! If one of the ball manufacturers could come out with a tour quality 3-4 piece ball at $30 a dozen they would own the market!

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

The Nike One Tour is right on par with the Pro-V series from Titleist when it comes to spin. The Nike's launch slightly higher though. That's why I play them.

They both spin a noticeable amount more than the TP line from TaylorMade.

G430 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Srixon ZX5 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | TM TP Bandon 1 | Pro V1x

[quote name='twgolf' date='07 May 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1273242394' post='2427021']
I played a sleeve of this this year and I thought it was a good premium ball, but would I spend $40 a dozen to play them...no. Actually I think the best ball Nike has ever produced was the Nike One Black 1st generation. This was a great ball! Low spin off the driver, distance was long, cut through the wind, spun very nice into the greens and when chipping, and felt good off the putter. The two things I liked best about this ball was that it was very durable and played in the wind very well.

My ball of choice is the Titleist Pro V1x, but I use the Nike One Vapor to play normal rounds with because of the cost. $45 a dozen is insane for golf balls! [b]If one of the ball manufacturers could come out with a tour quality 3-4 piece ball at $30 a dozen they would own the market![/b]
[/quote]

There have been many tour ball deals recently including the 2 dozen TP for $55 and the 2 dozen Nike One for $59.95. I know TGW and the big box stores are still running the Nike deal.