how long on avg are rounds at tpc sawgrass

jemehl

Hey for anyone who has ever been to sawgrass wondering about how long it should take me to finish the stadium course. I can get a tee time at about 915 and want to know if I can make a tee time for about 230 for the other course at sawgrass ( how long do rounds go on that course) want to get 36 in before dark but earliest start time I can have is 915.. If anyone has any experience playing there please let me know. Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jemehl' timestamp='1301357296' post='3097567']
Hey for anyone who has ever been to sawgrass wondering about how long it should take me to finish the stadium course. I can get a tee time at about 915 and want to know if I can make a tee time for about 230 for the other course at sawgrass ( how long do rounds go on that course) want to get 36 in before dark but earliest start time I can have is 915.. If anyone has any experience playing there please let me know. Thanks a lot
[/quote]

Pretty slow every time I've been out there... You gotta think for most it's a round of a lifetime type deal for people so they "soak up the atmosphere..." or whatever. Plus it's CPO like 8 months out of the year which blows. On the plus side there are forecaddies which can help pace of play tremendously if motivated.

Still, if you are wanting to do the Valley the same day you should be OK with a 2:30pm for the second round...just don't expect a leisurely sit down lunch most likely. Quick hotdog or sandwich from the halfway house more likely.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I travel to Ponte Vedra several times a year - usually in the fall and spring. TPC is predictably busy then, though it's fun to play in April as they get ready for the tourney. Last year we went down in July because we had some issues to address at our house. TPC was dead. I played on my own, and the forecaddie walked with me as a full caddy. It's the only time I've ever walked the course. It's hot and humid in July, and it has that offseason feel, but it's worth it for the golf.

[quote name='namx' timestamp='1306092917' post='3254102']
Good point Muxi - I forgot about that. If you want a full round you may be out of luck.....they close a nine at a time. On the other hand, you might play the back nine twice.
[/quote]
Last year they did the whole course the first few days of the month...reopened the entire thing but it was sandy. I went and played it the last 3 days of July before the August aieration and it was in pretty good shape...just of course not as firm or slick as in the winter or at tourney time.

• 1 month later...

I have played it twice in the summer and never had much company. The course isn't in that great of shape then, but you should be able to play as fast as you would like. I would try to make it to the World Golf Village in St. Augustine and play the King and Bear course there. They usually have a deal were you can play the Slammer and Squire and the King and Bear in the same day for less than a hundo!

[quote name='NWnewguy' timestamp='1310595252' post='3389131']
I have played it twice in the summer and never had much company. The course isn't in that great of shape then, but you should be able to play as fast as you would like. I would try to make it to the World Golf Village in St. Augustine and play the King and Bear course there. They usually have a deal were you can play the Slammer and Squire and the King and Bear in the same day for less than a hundo!
[/quote]
Last year, it was all the golf you wanted to play for $99/day (Golf Village). Nice shape...fun courses.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='NWnewguy' timestamp='1310595252' post='3389131']
[/quote]

We had a golf trip there the first week in July. Stadium Thursday afternoon, Dye Valley Friday morning and then ran over to play King & Bear in the afternoon, then Stadium again Saturday afternoon. The course seemed busier on Thursday than on Saturday! Three of us went and we were paired with a single on Thursday and Friday, but not Saturday, which I thought was strange. The course was in good shape, but not quite what I was expecting and we were aware that they had done serious maintenance on the Stadium about 3-4 weeks before we got there. Still nice overall though. The rough there is a B!TCH!

[quote name='muxi87' timestamp='1310599638' post='3389275']
Last year, it was all the golf you wanted to play for $99/day (Golf Village). Nice shape...fun courses.
[/quote]

We played twilight at King & Bear (after 2 pm) for around $60 and thought we got an awesome deal! $99 for both King & Bear and Slammer & Squire would be awesome. King & Bear was pretty empty when we played. We never really saw anyone in front of us on the course and after the first hole we never really saw the group behind us either.