2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I'm a loss with my lag.

With video. I need your help!
So to make a long story short. I have never hit the ball very long. However I am a very good player, currently playing around 3 handicap. However, I am tired of throwing away my lag. I am at loss as to why I am releasing it early. In my practice swing without a ball, the swing looks perfect. Put a ball down, and its a no go. I don't believe its mental.

I think perhaps it has something to do with squaring the club? Perhaps I am no worried about that in a practice swing? But it a real shot, I flip into it? I don't know anymore. But please any thoughts are welcomed! I am determined to fix this a.s.a.p!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJSAlJN4aQ

Thanks for any help!

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LLooks like u have the flying elbow on your swing with ball. Practice swing like you said was so much better.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

Some good pieces in your swing. A couple thoughts:

1. Your head moves closer to the ball in your backswing...several inches. When that happens you have to do the opposite in your downswing. Moving away from the ball in the downswing will force your arms to throw out at the ball. Make some pivot motions with your head against a door jam. Wanna feel tall going back and should "feel" like your head gets closer to the ball in the downswing if you wanna reverse the current move.

2. Other main issue is how your upper and lower centers work. In your practice swing from :27 seconds to about :38 seconds your lower body is shifting laterally and NOT opening. This is lowering your right shoulder and making the right arm work properly.

In your real swing your lower body doesn't move laterally at all and your hips start to spin open with A LOT of weight on your right foot. Because you're a good player your mind knows you need to create some downward strike on the ball so to compensate for your lower body not moving laterally your upper center shifts well forward in the transition to get the weight left a little bit. These two moves will always make you throw it away early. Need to feel like your left hip shifts well outside your left ankle from the top and DOES NOT OPEN UP AT ALL. Plus you need to keep the upper center stable, no slidind with the upper body. This move will make the right arm behave a lot better. It should feel like the plane of your swing is shifted way out to right field.

Gotta clean up both pieces in my mind though. Keep your inclination constant and re-work the centers and you should find lag pretty easily.

cnelson, you are right. You flip it so you can find it. While your practice swing "looks" nice, I think you'd hit your neighbor's house if a ball were there. Without the ball, you don't have any face squaring issues. Toe the club in 15 degrees and hit the ball to the right. Post that swing and let us take a look;)

[quote name='Corey_sulliv21' timestamp='1301871884' post='3115331']
Some good pieces in your swing. A couple thoughts:

1. Your head moves closer to the ball in your backswing...several inches. When that happens you have to do the opposite in your downswing. Moving away from the ball in the downswing will force your arms to throw out at the ball. Make some pivot motions with your head against a door jam. Wanna feel tall going back and should "feel" like your head gets closer to the ball in the downswing if you wanna reverse the current move.

2. Other main issue is how your upper and lower centers work. In your practice swing from :27 seconds to about :38 seconds your lower body is shifting laterally and NOT opening. This is lowering your right shoulder and making the right arm work properly.

In your real swing your lower body doesn't move laterally at all and your hips start to spin open with A LOT of weight on your right foot. Because you're a good player your mind knows you need to create some downward strike on the ball so to compensate for your lower body not moving laterally your upper center shifts well forward in the transition to get the weight left a little bit. These two moves will always make you throw it away early. Need to feel like your left hip shifts well outside your left ankle from the top and DOES NOT OPEN UP AT ALL. Plus you need to keep the upper center stable, no slidind with the upper body. This move will make the right arm behave a lot better. It should feel like the plane of your swing is shifted way out to right field.

Gotta clean up both pieces in my mind though. Keep your inclination constant and re-work the centers and you should find lag pretty easily.
[/quote]

I will really try to work on the second one no doubt. The first one also, I never really payed much attention to that part, but it makes sense since that needs to happen in a good kinetic sequence if I want to keep the 'power package' intact. Thank you for the comments.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301886709' post='3116109']
cnelson, you are right. You flip it so you can find it. While your practice swing "looks" nice, I think you'd hit your neighbor's house if a ball were there. Without the ball, you don't have any face squaring issues. Toe the club in 15 degrees and hit the ball to the right. Post that swing and let us take a look;)
[/quote]

Agreed, I will try that. I remember when I used to work on lag drills, even when I did maintain some lag, the face was so wide open that it felt like I hit a shank. For a time, a pro had me take REALLY strong grip, for a while I was busting 3-wood 245ish. So I know I had to be maintain more lag. I will probably have some time to try this out today, if I do, I'll post a video tonight. Who knows if I will even be able to get it to go right. I will probably end up hitting it into my left foot! hehe.

Thank you for all the comments, it is much appreciated. Keep em' coming.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

You don't appear to be throwing the club from the top so it is my diagnosis that you are loosing lag because your arms swing is slowing down as you approach impact. This you do to give yourself time to square the club at impact. Dragging it down with the face open produces impressive pictures of your lag but lousy shots.

To maintain lag you must keep your arms moving all the way through impact.

There is a position past impact where both arms are straight, the club is parallel to both the ground and the target line, and THE TOE IS POINTED UP. Practice swinging the entire club, with the arms, to that position, maintaining your speed to the end. Do it first without a ball until you get the feel of arms speed to the position, then work on hitting balls with the same swing feel.

Steve

Alright, so here we go.

Here is some video from today (on the left) and about a year ago (on the right). I believe on the rigth I am hitting a 5i, today I was hitting a 8i, with the tor closed down about 15 degrees. Now I felt like I was hitting the ball super solid. I was even hitting it farther. I was not have to have much of a fad on any of it tho, just a bit of a push. Also dried with driver and 5i, hooks almost every swing.

I do maintain more lag with the toe closed down, but still not as much if there wasn't a ball there? I know it was only one try, and it will take more work. However I do realize that with a ball there my hips start to open very quickly as someone pointed out above. Could this be what causes me to diconnect and throw it away? Also, it seems like when I take a practice swing, I dip down on the backswing, and dip even lower on the downswing. However when I hit an actual ball I raise up a bit on the downswing? I bet that could be throwing some of the lag away? Any ideas/drills to stop this?

Thanks again for any thoguhts/comments. I am determined to get the ball out there at 250+ with a driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeL-k5pxZdI

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='juststeve' timestamp='1301927787' post='3116929']
You don't appear to be throwing the club from the top so it is my diagnosis that you are loosing lag because your arms swing is slowing down as you approach impact. This you do to give yourself time to square the club at impact. Dragging it down with the face open produces impressive pictures of your lag but lousy shots.

To maintain lag you must keep your arms moving all the way through impact.

There is a position past impact where both arms are straight, the club is parallel to both the ground and the target line, and THE TOE IS POINTED UP. Practice swinging the entire club, with the arms, to that position, maintaining your speed to the end. Do it first without a ball until you get the feel of arms speed to the position, then work on hitting balls with the same swing feel.

Steve
[/quote]

I thought the arms should be passive from the top of swing? The hips/shoulders, start to slide/rotate to the target, the arms drag behind or 'lag' ? If I were to move my arms/hands quicker wouldn't I flip more? I could be completely wrong here, but just what I understood.

What I am trying to say is that, I always thought lag was a consequence of a good swing? To me it sounds like your post is saying to maintain lag to keep the arms moving? Maybe I am just a bit confused, if you could clarify?

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

cnelson:

In any method the arms must swing and lag will be lost when the arms slow down. That's just physics.

The method I use and advocate to others is one where we swing the club with our arms and allow the body to respond. When our arms slow down lag is dissipated.

If you want to use your body to swing your arms you will still lose lag if your arms slow down. In that case you might want to concentrate on keeping your core in rotational mode through the shot, but that may well leave the face open. Just one reason I prefer active arms and a responsive body but either can and does work.

Steve

[quote name='cnelson' timestamp='1301938111' post='3117444']
Alright, so here we go.

Here is some video from today (on the left) and about a year ago (on the right). I believe on the rigth I am hitting a 5i, today I was hitting a 8i, with the tor closed down about 15 degrees. Now I felt like I was hitting the ball super solid. I was even hitting it farther. I was not have to have much of a fad on any of it tho, just a bit of a push. Also dried with driver and 5i, hooks almost every swing.

I do maintain more lag with the toe closed down, but still not as much if there wasn't a ball there? I know it was only one try, and it will take more work. However I do realize that with a ball there my hips start to open very quickly as someone pointed out above. Could this be what causes me to diconnect and throw it away? Also, it seems like when I take a practice swing, I dip down on the backswing, and dip even lower on the downswing. However when I hit an actual ball I raise up a bit on the downswing? I bet that could be throwing some of the lag away? Any ideas/drills to stop this?

Thanks again for any thoguhts/comments. I am determined to get the ball out there at 250+ with a driver.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeL-k5pxZdI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QeL-k5pxZdI[/url]
[/quote]

First ,you have to understand when lateral motion and rotational motion are required in the downswing.The purpose of lateral motion on the downswing is to establish your LEFT pivot point over your left heel/knee.This lateral motion occurs at the beginning of the downswing or in transition.After establishing this left pivot point, a golfer should rotate around this left pivot point.Rotation is a much more powerful force than lateral motion .Most touring pros have about 45 degrees of open hip rotation at impact,with some having an astounding 60 degrees.If you fail to establish your left pivot point,what do you do?Well,you pivot around your RIGHT pivot point and spin out with your upper body, as YOU are doing .Your problem is not one of too much hip rotation.In fact you have a significant pivot stall and your right leg seems to straighten up well before impact .Your problem is eventually too little hip rotation,but even more important a FAILURE to establish your left pivot point via an earlier lateral move, which causes an upper body spin ..And remember the lateral move occurs FIRST.Note both of these motions ,lateral movement and hip rotation are lower body movements;the upper body will go along for the ride.And also note that lag is a result of proper sequencing,not an end to itself.

The movement of your head going back is a another very good point .When your head moves towards the ball to the extent that yours does ,your initial setup angles are altered,among them your all important spine angle.It is almost like you are setting up in traditional manner and then you have to alter your swing to a slight s+T right in the middle of your swing.

IMOP the only real purpose of a practice swing is to warm up and verify that you can physically perform the motion,.It is quite common to see a golfer,who performs a good practice swing ,but who has the clubface way too open at impact.AT impact there is absolutely no pressure on a golfer to square up the club when making a practice swing ,while this is obviously not the case with a ball.By closing the face at setup Martin is forcing you to make a swing with less flip.If you continue to flip to the extent that you currently do and the clubface is closed ,you will pull the ball off of the planet.In essence the closed clubface is forcing you to train yourself.
In stead of practicing full swings,I would strongly suggest that you practice 1/2-3/4 swings and no drivers,until you get the proper sequencing and rotation.It is much easier to train with a smaller swing than a longer one.Among the drills are
1. right hand only drill-a great drill to feel the proper pivot -just hit off low tees at the beginning-film yourself .you will be pleasantly surprised at the results
2 extended club drill-make a small hole in the butt end of the grip and place a rod or shaft into this hole.Pad around the rod.Setup with the rod/shaft against your left side and take 1/2 swings ,making sure that you start the club straight back. You should NOT bang your left ribs on the follow through.
3 .At transition try to feel that you are really pressuring your left heel.This will really help with setting your left pivot point.
Good luck

[quote name='juststeve' timestamp='1301940434' post='3117578']
cnelson:

In any method the arms must swing and lag will be lost when the arms slow down. That's just physics.

The method I use and advocate to others is one where we swing the club with our arms and allow the body to respond. When our arms slow down lag is dissipated.

If you want to use your body to swing your arms you will still lose lag if your arms slow down. In that case you might want to concentrate on keeping your core in rotational mode through the shot, but that may well leave the face open. Just one reason I prefer active arms and a responsive body but either can and does work.

Steve
[/quote]

Thank you for that post. I understand it much better now. Make sense, I know the arms need to keep moving, however clearly I am swinging more at the ball, not through it.

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1301945373' post='3117911']
Alright, so here we go.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeL-k5pxZdI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QeL-k5pxZdI[/url]
[/quote]

First ,you have to understand when lateral motion and rotational motion are required in the downswing.The purpose of lateral motion on the downswing is to establish your LEFT pivot point over your left heel/knee.This lateral motion occurs at the beginning of the downswing or in transition.After establishing this left pivot point, a golfer should rotate around this left pivot point.Rotation is a much more powerful force than lateral motion .Most touring pros have about 45 degrees of open hip rotation at impact,with some having an astounding 60 degrees.If you fail to establish your left pivot point,what do you do?Well,you pivot around your RIGHT pivot point and spin out with your upper body, as YOU are doing .Your problem is not one of too much hip rotation.In fact you have a significant pivot stall and your right leg seems to straighten up well before impact .Your problem is eventually too little hip rotation,but even more important a FAILURE to establish your left pivot point via an earlier lateral move, which causes an upper body spin ..And remember the lateral move occurs FIRST.Note both of these motions ,lateral movement and hip rotation are lower body movements;the upper body will go along for the ride.And also note that lag is a result of proper sequencing,not an end to itself.

The movement of your head going back is a another very good point .When your head moves towards the ball to the extent that yours does ,your initial setup angles are altered,among them your all important spine angle.It is almost like you are setting up in traditional manner and then you have to alter your swing to a slight s+T right in the middle of your swing.

IMOP the only real purpose of a practice swing is to warm up and verify that you can physically perform the motion,.It is quite common to see a golfer,who performs a good practice swing ,but who has the clubface way too open at impact.AT impact there is absolutely no pressure on a golfer to square up the club when making a practice swing ,while this is obviously not the case with a ball.By closing the face at setup Martin is forcing you to make a swing with less flip.If you continue to flip to the extent that you currently do and the clubface is closed ,you will pull the ball off of the planet.In essence the closed clubface is forcing you to train yourself.
In stead of practicing full swings,I would strongly suggest that you practice 1/2-3/4 swings and no drivers,until you get the proper sequencing and rotation.It is much easier to train with a smaller swing than a longer one.Among the drills are
1. right hand only drill-a great drill to feel the proper pivot -just hit off low tees at the beginning-film yourself .you will be pleasantly surprised at the results
2 extended club drill-make a small hole in the butt end of the grip and place a rod or shaft into this hole.Pad around the rod.Setup with the rod/shaft against your left side and take 1/2 swings ,making sure that you start the club straight back. You should NOT bang your left ribs on the follow through.
3 .At transition try to feel that you are really pressuring your left heel.This will really help with setting your left pivot point.
Good luck
[/quote]

This was extremely helpful. I always thought of trying to spin or turn my right hip toward the ball from the top of the swing. So, no wonder this is a killer move. I was once told by a pro, that I had a to much sway down into the ball? So I tried to work and fix that. So what you are saying is that, the first move is a sliding motion of the hips, than a turning?

I will def. keep working on the club face closed drill. If I can get a slight fade going with it, I know I'm keeping more lag. Also, could you please explain the extend the club drill a bit more? I think I'm a bit confused on that one. But thank you again for the post!

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='cnelson' timestamp='1301958169' post='3119138']
[quote name='juststeve' timestamp='1301940434' post='3117578']
cnelson:

Steve
[/quote]

Thank you for that post. I understand it much better now. Make sense, I know the arms need to keep moving, however clearly I am swinging more at the ball, not through it.

[quote name='russc' timestamp='1301945373' post='3117911']
Alright, so here we go.

[/quote]

Good luck
[/quote]

This was extremely helpful. I always thought of trying to spin or turn my right hip toward the ball from the top of the swing. So, no wonder this is a killer move. I was once told by a pro, that I had a to much sway down into the ball? So I tried to work and fix that. So what you are saying is that, the first move is a sliding motion of the hips, than a turning?

I will def. keep working on the club face closed drill. If I can get a slight fade going with it, I know I'm keeping more lag. Also, could you please explain the extend the club drill a bit more? I think I'm a bit confused on that one. But thank you again for the post!
[/quote]
I do not like the word slide but that is basically correct.And because the downswing is happening so fast ,you do not have the luxury of thinking about the rotational movement after setting your left pivot point This LEFT HEEL pressuring move helps solve that problem by combining a lateral and a rotational move all in one The pro who told you that you were swaying too much into the ball was probably correct.Unfortunately in focusing on spinning the right hip ,you created another problem. .But before you move on to the downswing,you need to fix your head movement.Instead of focusing in on a specific head drill ,try this simple back swing drill,which you have probably seen before.Just put your hands on opposite shoulders and turn until your left shoulder is over your right foot.Then slowly progress to where your where your arms are in a normal position and then holding just a shaft or rod ,then while gripping down on a club and then with a normal grip on a club.Video yourself making sure that your head (while not remaining rigid ) does not move much especially down towards the ball.
To see photos of the extended club drill AKA "punisher drill",just search for "punisher drill" on Golfwrx.Goto "is this one of the best anti-flipping drills,photos inside"

This is a case of your downswing being out of sequence. You spin your upper body from the top. The internal quick rotation of the shoulders from the top,causes the outward throwing of the arms and club.The shoulders should stay closed longer and the arms should work more down in front of your body. You have to tighten up a few backswing issues so you do not HAVE to make this move.

[/quote]
I do not like the word slide but that is basically correct.And because the downswing is happening so fast ,you do not have the luxury of thinking about the rotational movement after setting your left pivot point This LEFT HEEL pressuring move helps solve that problem by combining a lateral and a rotational move all in one The pro who told you that you were swaying too much into the ball was probably correct.Unfortunately in focusing on spinning the right hip ,you created another problem. .But before you move on to the downswing,you need to fix your head movement.Instead of focusing in on a specific head drill ,try this simple back swing drill,which you have probably seen before.Just put your hands on opposite shoulders and turn until your left shoulder is over your right foot.Then slowly progress to where your where your arms are in a normal position and then holding just a shaft or rod ,then while gripping down on a club and then with a normal grip on a club.Video yourself making sure that your head (while not remaining rigid ) does not move much especially down towards the ball.
To see photos of the extended club drill AKA "punisher drill",just search for "punisher drill" on Golfwrx.Goto "is this one of the best anti-flipping drills,photos inside"
[/quote]

Yeah, the head movement is something I always work on. I actually have a little training aid I built in my backyard to put my head up on while I swing so I know I'm not moving off of it. After thinking about what you said, and giving it a few practice swings in my house without a club, the lower body motion feels completely different. I can really tell a difference with the pressure on my left heel, I have NEVER felt that before.

I will check out all those drills also. Quick question, in all my years golfing and taking lessons from multiple different pro's, I have never heard of the left pivot point? Any idea why? I mean it makes sense, completely. Also, I have had numerous pro's even tell me to trying to 'maintain' lag by locking my wrist. I am not trying to knock pro's, but isn't this completely wrong? Anyway, all your advice has been a big help. I will continue to keep this updated as I am trying to work on it every day.

[quote name='slicer2scratch' timestamp='1301969061' post='3120171']
This is a case of your downswing being out of sequence. You spin your upper body from the top. The internal quick rotation of the shoulders from the top,causes the outward throwing of the arms and club.The shoulders should stay closed longer and the arms should work more down in front of your body. You have to tighten up a few backswing issues so you do not HAVE to make this move.
[/quote]

Yeah, agreed. I need to work on a few backswing issues before I worry about the kinetic sequence of the downswing, but it is something I will keep an eye on.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

Quick question..

Why is it that in my practice swing, even tho I dip my head on the way back, I stay low through the swing? However when I dip my head hitting a ball, I stand up through impact?

In other words, do I stand up because I am throwing away the lag and my body knows the club is getting to long? Or do I throw away the lag because I stand up and I want the club longer so I don't miss the ball? I think if I knew the answer to this it would help a lot.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='Capecodder19' timestamp='1302054241' post='3124248']
His right arm leaves his body early in the takeaway. Fix that and he'll be fine. Keep the right elbow closer to the body as you start the swing and let it fold naturally. Then you'll have "stored" energy in that arm as you start your forward swing.

Bye-bye casting.

True story.
[/quote]

I don't think it is that simple? IMHO, I think I flip to square the face. If I hit a ball with my practice swing it would go way right. If I fix the face issue I know that will help with my right arm. The right arm should happen from a sound swing correct? I mean this should be a product of everything else going good?

I appreciate the comments tho.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='cnelson' timestamp='1302054467' post='3124267']
His right arm leaves his body early in the takeaway. Fix that and he'll be fine. Keep the right elbow closer to the body as you start the swing and let it fold naturally. Then you'll have "stored" energy in that arm as you start your forward swing.

Bye-bye casting.

True story.
[/quote]

I don't think it is that simple? IMHO, I think I flip to square the face. If I hit a ball with my practice swing it would go way right. If I fix the face issue I know that will help with my right arm. The right arm should happen from a sound swing correct? I mean this should be a product of everything else going good?

[/quote]

Nelson, we can agree that there are other things awry in your swing, correct? Well you have to, IMO, tackle them one at a time. See what happens w that elbow adjustment and go from there. Keep that elbow pointing at the hip longer on the takeaway, the club will feel "light."

There's not enough time in the day to address all the other theories mentioned w/o getting thoroughly overwhelmed. Keep it simple.

[quote name='Capecodder19' timestamp='1302055201' post='3124339']
[quote name='cnelson' timestamp='1302054467' post='3124267']

Bye-bye casting.

True story.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nelson, we can agree that there are other things awry in your swing, correct? Well you have to, IMO, tackle them one at a time. See what happens w that elbow adjustment and go from there. Keep that elbow pointing at the hip longer on the takeaway, the club will feel "light."

There's not enough time in the day to address all the other theories mentioned w/o getting thoroughly overwhelmed. Keep it simple.
[/quote]

Yes agreed. I know I can only work on one at a time if I really want to make some progress.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

Alright, So I have made some progess, but now I'm at another deadend. I'm not sure what to continue to work on? I feel like perhaps I could be sliding a bit to much on the downswing? My shoulders are still spinning open very quickly from the top. I know I need to work on this. Her is the recent video, the left side is from today, with the tour striker, and the right side with a wedge from a week or so ago.

Any more help would be great because I am still not sure what else I need to work on. I have been trying very hard to stay the same height in the back swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Zv7cpOt0Y

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

your right ARM is still chicken winging on your non practice shot man. Try focusing on your left ARM in starting the down swing. That will help. I'm not really capitalizing the ARM my phone is for some reason lol.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

The right elbow is killing you. Backswing looks great, and then.....

Have you tried squeezing your elbows together at the top of your swing and into the downswing? Or, Shawn Clement has a video talking about hammering a nail into a door frame. It's hard to have an early release when you have the mindset that you have a hammer in your right hand and the back off the ball is the head of a nail.

Any chance you coould take a pic or maybe explain the device that holds your head in place while you practice?

Sounds like a really good idea and something I'd love to mimic, if that's possible.

Wish I had some pointers for you, but it seems like you're in good enough hands - you're just too wide on your downswing, that club needs to be hugging your body coming down - I need to work on the same issue, at times.

That being said, your swing in post #22 (on the right side) looks absolutely FLAWLESS until your downswing.

cnelson,

Your clubface is way open through impact on the first video you posted. You come into impact with the hands turned. The lag loss that you have when there's a ball sitting there is probably a compensation move to square the clubface.

You might want to check out "finish swivel". THe finish swivel is a roll with the wrists that happens after impact. But it must be prepared from the top and it's the preparation for it that makes the difference...