2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ordered Clicgear 3.0 - Need Cart Bag / SunMountain C-130, Nike M9 or other?

I've been a very happy walker with my Nike SasQuatch Tour Stand Bag (and play mostly Nike Clubs), but as I have just ordered (and expected this week) a new Clicgear 3.0, I guess it's time to get a new cart bag for those days I won't be walking.

I'm looking at the Nike M9 Cart Bag (probably in red) that can be had for $130-150 shipped, or possibly a Sun Mountain C-130 which is probably more in the $200 Range, and I see the ClicGear B3, but not sure I'm crazy about the design (but probably fit best on the push cart), and $200-220ish.

Thoughts?

BC1NKM9RD_LG.jpg

C130-BlackWhiteBrightRed.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='3leggedpony' timestamp='1340781712' post='5175830']
I like Sun Mountain bags in general but of those the Nike looks best suited to a clicgear because of the way the top slopes from front to back rather than back to front like the others (your woods will be at the front of the bag on the clicgear to avoid the shafts getting dinged by the irons)
[/quote]

Thanks... I wish there were more pics of different bags on the cart... I did see one on one of the other Clicgear threads that had the Nike and it appeared to fit pretty well... I like the Putter Spot on the C-130 and KG3/ The Nike is the least expensive, but I think I'll see how horrble my stand bag fits before I get anything. If it's a complete no go, I think I might give the C-130 a chance and if I don't like it, I'm guessing I can see for about what I would pay (Found a new one for $180 shipped)

This is really no help, but I have a Sun Mountain SCB Deluxe bag which fits okay on the CG 3.0 (the bottom isn't perfect but it fits). And it's relatively inexpensive. As for me, I just ordered the ClicGear B3 bag online and got it for 15% off which made my total in the $180.00s including free shipping (similar to what you're going to pay for the C-130). I went into my local golf store soooo many times trying to convince myself that the C-130 would work okay and I just couldn't do it. Personally, as great as the Sun Mountain bags are, I'd stay away from them unless they are specifically made for push carts.

Well, the CG3.0 arrived today at lunch time... Just for giggles I dedided to fit up my Nike SasQuatch Tour Stand Bag and it actually seems to be OK....obviosuly not optimal, but a quick stoll arround the yard and there was no movement, felt firm, and once I popped off the Shoulder straps seemed like it might be reasonable, at least in the short term. So I think I'll give this a try for a few rounds and see how it goes. Also keep the option to snap the shoulder harness back on and walk a loop if the mood strikes me without changing anythiing arround, or dropping $180-200 on a new cart bag, at least for now.

IMG_20120627_125425.jpg

IMG_20120627_125443.jpg

IMG_20120627_125456.jpg

I have the ClicGear 3.0 and I just got a 2011 C130 (liked the colors of the 2011 better) for $170. I have used it twice already and very happy with it. It rides on the cart very securely. The top does slant differently, but no trouble at all getting the clubs in and out - very easy to grab the right club with the 15 different slots.

[quote name='mbowker64' timestamp='1340928054' post='5186490']
I have had the same bag and a Clicgear 2.0 for a couple years and have had no issues with the combo. Keep em both and use the money to play a few more rounds.
[/quote]

Was this directed at me, same bag= Nike SasQuatch Tour Stand? If yes, that's good to hear. I've been happy with the bag, it holds enough stuff and I'm thinking about the Clicgear cooler bag to hold the water and "pops".

I think I will try to get a year or more out of it... I feel somewhat bad for spending so much on the cart, a new putter, driver and 5W, so not spending another 150-200 right now would be optimal.

[quote name='SuperWade2' timestamp='1340929819' post='5186616']
[quote name='mbowker64' timestamp='1340928054' post='5186490']
I have had the same bag and a Clicgear 2.0 for a couple years and have had no issues with the combo. Keep em both and use the money to play a few more rounds.
[/quote]

Was this directed at me, same bag= Nike SasQuatch Tour Stand? If yes, that's good to hear. I've been happy with the bag, it holds enough stuff and I'm thinking about the Clicgear cooler bag to hold the water and "pops".

I think I will try to get a year or more out of it... I feel somewhat bad for spending so much on the cart, a new putter, driver and 5W, so not spending another 150-200 right now would be optimal.
[/quote]

Yes, sorry. The Nike bag is what I have. Earlier this spring, I bought the accessory rangefinder bag for my clicgear. One of the best buys I made. It's here: [url="http://www.amazon.com/ProActive-CGRB01-Clicgear-Rangefinder-Valuables/dp/B00400N4JK"]http://www.amazon.com/ProActive-CGRB01-Clicgear-Rangefinder-Valuables/dp/B00400N4JK[/url]

If you have a sky caddie or similar range finder, clic gear makes a nice holder that fits in the umbrella socket. It also fits my Sun Mountain Micro cart and works great. I also have the SM bag called the MCB bag that is a made to fit bag for the micro cart. It would also be a good fit for your cart as well. It holds the Driver and Fairway medals in the middle of the bag(wedges and putter would sit on top and irons around the side and towards bottom).

If you have a sky caddie or similar range finder, clic gear makes a nice holder that fits in the umbrella socket. It also fits my Sun Mountain Micro cart and works great. I also have the SM bag called the MCB bag that is a made to fit bag for the micro cart. It would also be a good fit for your cart as well. It holds the Driver and Fairway medals in the middle of the bag(wedges and putter would sit on top and irons around the side and towards bottom).

I just use my Phone for GPS and posted a thread about this mount that I installed today.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/686688-picinstallreview-of-ram-cellgps-mount-on-clicgear-30-push-cart/

P1030455.JPG

• 3 months later...

[quote name='nowheresville' timestamp='1341021938' post='5192712']
[/quote]

I'm interested in this mount for the sky caddie, what would be the benefit of having the carry bag AND the mount? If you have sky caddie mounted on the cart when would you utilize the extra bag?

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

[b] I wanted a lightweight cart bag that fit on my Kangaroo motorized cart and i was down to either a Sun mountain C130 or a Echo , i decided on a echo because weight was about 8 pounds empty and about 20 with 14 clubs , and a few dozen balls , also this bag was made especially for cart use because all the pockets are forward facing , on the bottom of the bag there is more space between the bottom of the bag and where the pockets end for a better fit against the bottom bracket on the cart , and the top opening is 10 inches wide for easier access when taking out or replacing clubs in the bag and the dividers are separate for each club and they extend from top to bottom and it has a separate putter slot , i believe the c 130 has the same setup but the side pockets are double the size of the echo , either way the Echo or C130 would both be great choices [/b]